Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
387aa11459723b895c6179c29f2b9d6b.jpg

So, IF they have a cell phone ping in the area of Glen Day Park, Kansas Humane Society, areas up north could it be because of this? Looks like her cat was placed into the shelter on the 12th as a stray and picked up on the 13th. What’s odd is that her address is 655 S Edgemoor and the cat shows to be picked up at 655 N Edgemoor. I’m sure it’s nothing and I don’t have confirmation of a pinged phone during that time frame but seems odd and could place her up in this area. I did look and there is a 655 N Edgemoor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping this post about the cat for reference.

In my area, when they pick up strays they give them usually about a week in "holding" for the owner to be found or come and find them and pick them up, then if the animal is not claimed they get them ready and put them up for adoption.

They do the same thing in Wichita.

Just so everyone knows, since the tip line didn’t give me the warm fuzzies, I sent it directly to WPD with a description and picture. I’m hoping maybe that will get it a little further. I’m not sure how to get the info to TX Equusearch and might just wait to hear back from WPD if they do respond. I know tips are coming in like crazy and don’t want to be a pest but I do think the cameras should be checked and have a gut feeling something isn’t right. My dad has always told me to follow my gut and some might think the cat might be silly but it’s putting up a red flag for me.

Notice on the cat poster the intake says RAL/OTC

I think OTC is over the counter..as in, someone surrendered the cat at that location?? (I'm asking.)

And, what is RAL?

I did call it in and I can honestly say that they did not take it seriously. Didn’t understand at all even after trying to explain. I’m not sure who they have working the tip line but it is concerning to me at this point. It might not be anything but could be something. [emoji53]

I am so sorry they didn't take you seriously! Someone else went through this as well <modsnip>I know I read on here someone reported important information, and they were given the run around by the person who answered the phone- the person on the line that they called told them that they called the wrong number to report the tip, so the lady hung up and called the right number, only to have the same person answer THAT number!

Maybe someone needs to get a hold of their supervisor and tell them what is going on? LE has been asking since the beginning of the case to report every tip, only to have some nutbag treat decent and caring folks trying to help like their fools. I would definitely try and bring this to their superior- maybe you got the same person the other lady got mentioned above?

I hope that the lady who went through that sees this post and responds. This is rather alarming that you've been dismissed like this, especially since LE is begging for tips. This is a huge tip, if that cat is indeed EG's and could very well fit into one of the missing gaps in the timeline.

JH and EG moved into the rental home on February 7th. They moved from the apartment because there were 4 of them in a 1BR apartment. Cats weren’t allowed in the new house and EG had to surrender the cat because she couldn’t find anyone to take him.

JH and EG moved into the rental home on February 7th. They moved from the apartment because there were 4 of them in a 1BR apartment. Cats weren’t allowed in the new house and EG had to surrender the cat because she couldn’t find anyone to take him.

That makes so much sense. Thank you for clearing that up!

ETA:
Disregard, Answered just above by family spokesperson

What is the "DUE OUT" date (2/19) and REVIEW" date (2/22) ?

If it's due to be "out" on the 19th, how can it be reviewed 3 days later on the 22nd, after it's already "out"?

Just trying to gain an understanding of what those dates mean exactly and how they relate to one another....

Again, are we sure this is a stray or owner surrender? Something else? Very odd that it has ALL the correct owner information on its cage (to include its name AND an updated address, (minus the North vs South confusion) which they had JUST moved into. I remember the stress of moving, and remembering to make a new cat tag for the collar with the updated address or to give the microchip company your new, updated information is VERY organized, considering they supposedly moved on the 7th and this cat was found just 5 days later on the 12th. Just odd.

I did call it in and I can honestly say that they did not take it seriously. Didn’t understand at all even after trying to explain. I’m not sure who they have working the tip line but it is concerning to me at this point. It might not be anything but could be something. [emoji3]

I had the same experience of feeling like whoever I was talking to wasn’t really on the same page when I called in my tip. Not trying to belabor the point or saying my tip was relevant, or that LE isn’t doing everything they can, just that my experience with calling in left me feeling less that assured I was heard.

I'm kind of curious about one thing, after seeing EG's photo on the bottom right- didn't she live in an apartment? I know of several apartment complexes that allow cats, but they have to be indoor cats and if you do bring them outside for fresh air, they're supposed to be harnessed/leashed. That photo was taken outdoors obviously. I guess it's possible that they allowed cats to roam at this complex, but most don't which is why I question the cat being outdoors.

ETA: Nevermind, I see the family spokesperson has just answered this.

That’s what I thought too but VI States it was an owner surrender due to the new place not allowing cats. [emoji17]. Another road block.

The story still works, though!

On the 12th, she went to surrender her cat. I’m sure they asked questions or had her fill out paperwork which would keep her there for a bit. LE saw phone pings and that’s what less then there.

Either way, she was there and she should be on camera WITH Lucas and the 1 year old. If Lucas isn’t with her then we know something happened before that time.

On the 12th, she went to surrender her cat. I’m sure they asked questions or had her fill out paperwork which would keep her there for a bit. LE saw phone pings and that’s what less then there.

Either way, she was there and she should be on camera WITH Lucas and the 1 year old. If Lucas isn’t with her then we know something happened before that time.

So true! Something I wasn’t thinking about if it was owner surrender! I was deflated about her not picking up the cat on the 13th. THIS is why I love WS! Thinking about it from every angle. Thank you!!

On the 12th, she went to surrender her cat. I&#8217;m sure they asked questions or had her fill out paperwork which would keep her there for a bit. LE saw phone pings and that&#8217;s what less then there.

Either way, she was there and she should be on camera WITH Lucas and the 1 year old. If Lucas isn&#8217;t with her then we know something happened before that time.

Unless Lucas was in school when she surrendered the cat.

Bumping....here's the info on the cat story.

I was hoping the cat was going to be a clue....but doesn't look like it.

jmo

RAL/OTC - possible Rabies vaccinated licensed/over the counter surrender

So the discussion goes

1) she surrendered the cat and had both children with her, Lucas and 1 yr old

2) she surrendered the cat and had 1 yr old with her
A) Lucas was at school during this time
School could verify
B) Lucas was not with her...where was Lucas

Was the camera working at the shelter at the time car was surrendered or did a person working there remember something

We will not know until info is released....if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi