Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #9 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like where you're going with the first thought! The only thing is, (and I hate picking apart the words of our VIs because I know that they're not supposed to tell us things) our VI said she knew when Lucas was last heard from, but "for reasons she didn't understand", she couldn't tell us. If it was a drug dealer who had seen him, I think it would be understandable why she couldn't say. It really makes me think he probably talked to someone that is/appears not to be involved, like his mom or dad.

I was thinking about that exact phrase and how that would fall into place. Could it be possible that not even VIs would be told about who it was that saw Lucas during that time frame? Just that he was said to be seen alive. - MOO

I'm not sure exactly where it came from but agree it is puzzling.

First off, I don't think they'd mean a child (Lucas) running barefoot, or they would've said so. If they thought it was EG, why not say a woman running? Was it possibly smoking man running barefoot? When it was stated I assumed they meant around the new neighborhood, perhaps down there street. Maybe EG had dirty and scratched up feet and said she ran barefoot down the block when she found Lucas gone and the back door open.

Honestly, it leaves a lot open for interpretation. I sure wish they'd clarify what the heck they're asking witnesses about exactly. JMO

We're still searching for a missing, five-year-old, little boy," Officer Davidson said. "That's why we continue to plea and ask our community, if they saw somebody running with no shoes on a couple days ago, or they saw something suspicious, something out of place that might be related to this case, please call us.

https://www.kfdi.com/news/search-for-missing-wichita-boy-enters-day-four

Random thought jumping off this post-- if Lucas was really only 40-45 lbs, I wonder if her estimate of 60 lbs is subconsciously based on having to lift him along WITH something that weighed 15-20 pounds? What normal household items weigh around 15-20 lbs and could be used to conceal, carry or weigh down a small child? (I hate thinking like this but we have to try to get inside her head :scared:).

Hmmmm...

(Eta, o/t, great job Gardener last night on all those Michigan threads...)

Eta: o/t, possible developments in Christina Morris's case....some remains found https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...is-23-Plano-30-August-2014-40-*Arrest*/page62

Odd because I've thought about her a lot during Lucas'a case as far as vehicle disposal, mileage, etc. I had mentioned upstream TES had also flown drones in her case... It was actually EA I was thinking about when I mentioned not wanting to have a body in the car too long for fear of being pulled over...anxious to see the mileage if it is indeed Christina, oh her mom has been looking for so long, bless her heart, looks like these remains, not officially identified, were a mile East off the highway..."They had gone down a remote dirt road to clear some brush. They uncovered what appeared to be the skeleton of a woman under some leaves." Looks like this was in an area LE had been previously searching...)

(Eta: omg I said 22 to 28 miles...(as I did here)...these possible remains of Christina Morris are at 26 miles!!!!)

Random thought jumping off this post-- if Lucas was really only 40-45 lbs, I wonder if her estimate of 60 lbs is subconsciously based on having to lift him along WITH something that weighed 15-20 pounds? What normal household items weigh around 15-20 lbs and could be used to conceal, carry or weigh down a small child? (I hate thinking like this but we have to try to get inside her head :scared:).

Cat litter?

I really like where you're going with the first thought! The only thing is, (and I hate picking apart the words of our VIs because I know that they're not supposed to tell us things) our VI said she knew when Lucas was last heard from, but "for reasons she didn't understand", she couldn't tell us. If it was a drug dealer who had seen him, I think it would be understandable why she couldn't say. It really makes me think he probably talked to someone that is/appears not to be involved, like his mom or dad.

BBM: I kind of read that as "not understanding why the time couldn't be revealed vs. the person. I agree that the concept of dealer/immunity seems pretty legit. Good thoughts.

Great job on the flyer!

What about mailing things out? I'm willing to grab envelopes and a bunch of stamps and go to town mailing them out if anyone thinks this would do any good.

Also anyone who employs the use of trail/game cameras should check them and (if applicable) check their camera apps on their computers.
jmo

See Gardener post as to what would make Lucas weigh more than 40-45 lbs.

Jumping off this post, dirt from the garden, or rocks...

I was just researching storage tote disposals earlier, and saw this re: boxes being stuffed with blankets ("Wrapped in blankets and garbage bags stuffed into stained cardboard boxes, photos and x-rays of the tiny skeletons visibly affected many jurors during the trial, causing the media to dub the case "The Babies in Boxes Murder Trial.”)

I think I posted this upstream? http://murderpedia.org/female.O/o/odell-diane.htm

Yes, the endangerment charge is from 4-6 PM on the 16th. We were asked to focus on that time up until Lucas was reported missing.

That is really all we know- the rest is speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know we had a specific two hour timeframe!
Is there a link somewhere to read more about the child endangerment charge?

How big would it really need to be? Rhetorically. Because searchers can miss what they aren't looking for? I keep thinking "look up" but it would not be practical in this case, I just know searchers don't always look up. Or someone mentioned searchers looking for body vs actual condition remains may be in.

If EG was impressed, if you will, by his small size, was she equally impressed by his weight? She seems to have possibly misreported him as a whopping 60 pounds.

Dang it, I need to go listen to some Christian music for a bit or something.
I think Lucas weighs 35 40 lbs and that is what my 2 1/2 year old grandson weighs. He would be easy to carry. I think this also shows that he was very small for his age. I suspect he was not fed well either. MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I didn't know we had a specific two hour timeframe!
Is there a link somewhere to read more about the child endangerment charge?

http://www.kake.com/story/37606135/drugs-suspected-in-child-endangerment-case
he criminal complaint claims that Glass "unlawfully, knowingly and unreasonably" caused or permitted a one-year-old child "to be placed in a station in which the child's life, body or health may be endangered" on Feb. 16th between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. The police report obtained by KAKE News shows that Glass was suspected of using drugs/narcotics.

I'm not sure exactly where it came from but agree it is puzzling.

First off, I don't think they'd mean a child (Lucas) running barefoot, or they would've said so. If they thought it was EG, why not say a woman running? Was it possibly smoking man running barefoot? When it was stated I assumed they meant around the new neighborhood, perhaps down there street. Maybe EG had dirty and scratched up feet and said she ran barefoot down the block when she found Lucas gone and the back door open.

Honestly, it leaves a lot open for interpretation. I sure wish they'd clarify what the heck they're asking witnesses about exactly. JMO

I don't think they're referring to EG. The neighbors HAD seen her, and they said so. And who else would potentially be barefoot? We know Lucas supposedly was.

Knowing when Lucas got his feeding tube out would be helpful. A lot of kids who have tubes need a lot of time and attention to eat enough by mouth after it's out. It's not unusual for them to lose weight after it comes out because it can be hard to maintain the same weight when eating by mouth.

I don't believe that Lucas would have had someone willing to do the work involved in feeding him adequately full time. It is not an easy job if you have a picky child, or sensory sensitive child, or one with any oral aversions.

So if he struggled at all with that, he likely dropped weight after the tube was removed. Obviously this doesn't mean EG wasn't neglecting him, but it would be less "cruel" if she was just lazy rather than outright starving him.

If I don't focus and offer my little dude food every couple of hours he drops weight fast. Just has a fast metabolism, loves healthy food and only drinks water (other than nursing.)

I'll tell you what perplexes me most about this case, and it's the K-9's and unknown crime scene/method of transportation (besides Lucas being missing in the first place, of course).

I'll have to dig up the quote about the dogs. If I remember correctly, dogs were used to search the house. I don't believe it said air scent dogs or cadaver dogs or both. I also don't remember if it specifically mentioned the car being searched, but I'm guessing no, because we didn't even know what she drove until our VI told us. That doesn't mean they didn't search it, it just means LE didn't tell us and/or the media didn't find out AFAIK.

So, that leaves me to think the crime was likely not committed in either the apartment or house, and he was not transported in EG's car. Remember, a WS'er gave us a link which told us there is just a tiny window, I believe 2 minutes, before a deceased body starts to emit gasses that a cadaver dog could hit on. I guess it's possible EG could've killed the poor boy in the car if she was in a rural area, and immediately discarded him. But from what we know I think the likelihood of him dying in the apartment, house, or car is very small.

This gives me a tiny shred of hope that someone besides EG knows something happened and could come forward with info leading to Lucas' whereabouts. But as time goes on it seems more and more unlikely.

I think perhaps she was high at someone's house, and had both kids with her. Something possibly happened there...Lucas just looking at her wrong might be blamed for messing up her "high" and dealt with harshly. Whether there was even a single witness I do not know. He was likely discarded within walking distance of that location (might've been an abandoned house or property IMO)...or, she borrowed someone else's car (with or without their knowledge...if a fellow druggie was high as a kite she might've been able to snag keys off a table or already in an ignition and taken off to dispose of Lucas).

This is my top theory based on what we know or think that we know. If not for the child endangerment charges stemming from an incident involving drugs, I don't know what theory I could come up with.

JMO.

How do we go about getting a Media Thread started? I would like to see all of these article's and charges put in one area.

tia

Gas stations/truck stops. You guys have any there?

These folks often travel all over the country. Good way to get the word around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova