Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #9 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paddle boarder say what you can and those that don’t understand ignore. We all need to work together. I appreciate what your doing

Hi Jasper- we have been looking on specific streets that have large culvert. Feel free to send specific area that you see potential...preferably going east out of the city.

Thanks so much! :)

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Hi Henry!

As I live in Canada, I can only go by Google Maps, etc. I was looking at S Edgemoor St and see storm drains within walking distance. I can't see the side streets though. There and any with the vicinity of their former residence. I know this would need to be done by EG under the guise of darkness if in a public area.

Question:
Is there a way to pull up Fire/rescue/ambulance reports for Wichita, similar to the crime reports/calls someone posted a couple threads back ?

I agree with the part that says “the incident was discovered on Feb 21...” very confused about that. Sooooo, it took investigators FOUR days to figure out that the house they responded to for a missing child had just been visited exactly one day before and there was a police report of child endangerment for same person who reported the child missing??? And why wouldn’t she have been arrested on the 16th for child endangerment?

And while I’m asking questions, does anyone else feel like the date of report on this police report used to say 2-21 and they then wrote over it to say 2-16??? I really hope the police aren’t being sloppy with this case.
cache.php
[emoji17]

http://www.kake.com/story/37606135/drugs-suspected-in-child-endangerment-case

Edited to state the date of REPORT, not offense.

I'm way behind, so this will probably already have been mentioned by the time I catch up, the "time reported" is also exactly the same time that EG reported Lucas missing on the 17th (6:14 pm).

I made a post about it maybe being a clue as to something like that I think that is what you might have read.

Also though , if real they could be burns from touching something hot ,but not like the really bad burns that blister up . Kinds like the mild burns that end up looking like rug burn but are from like a curling iron where it scabs over without the blister effect .

I can't tell what it is, looks more like scrapes to me. But in high school, I opened a lid while cooking and got steam burns on the tops of my fingers that ended up blistering over. I walked around for 2 days with my hands planted in jars of ice water because it was so painful.

If it were me and those really are injuries, I'd have neosporin and bandaids on them. Who knows if hers are related to the crime, pixelation, or otherwise. If indeed they're injured I wonder what story she gave to LE and if they bought it or it if led them to the parks for some reason.

As always, JMO.

Question:
Is there a way to pull up Fire/rescue/ambulance reports for Wichita, similar to the crime reports/calls someone posted a couple threads back ?

www.wichitafire.org lists all incidents wfd responds to and takes pics at many. They also tweet them @wichitafireorg
I’m not sure about ems calls they may be protected by HIPPAA but I’ll see what I can find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.wichitafire.org lists all incidents wfd responds to and takes pics at many. They also tweet them @wichitafireorg
I’m not sure about ems calls they may be protected by HIPPAA but I’ll see what I can find

Thank you! Is this not pulling up correctly for me since I'm on a mobile device or is nothing at all listed for 2018 under Incidents? (Or am I looking in the wrong place?)
http://www.wichitafire.org/incidents

I just noticed the comment count, maybe we should get a new thread up and going, we're almost up to 1200 comments in this one.
As I posted earlier I am waiting until liltexans is able to help me decide what we should include in the new thread. Please be patient. We will have a new thread soon I'm sure.

Thank you! Is this not pulling up correctly for me since I'm on a mobile device or is nothing at all listed for 2018 under Incidents? (Or am I looking in the wrong place?)
http://www.wichitafire.org/incidents

I’m not sure if they just haven’t updated that part. It looks like it is supposed to have pics on my end but theyre not loading. The info is available in the twitter feed to the right of the page for me.
Best I can find for EMS data so far is number and types of calls per month nothing with individual calls listed

How do you guys do it? This is the first thread I've been "involved" in on WS, and I am so overwhelmed. I am feeling so defeated. I don't know this little boy, but I need him to be found... like... yesterday. I'm struggling to come up with anything because I feel like everything is a dead end.

Water... put in a container, and put in the water.
I don't think he was buried. I think that would have taken too much work and she didn't have the mindset or the time.
Put in an abandoned lot, building, or car. This is still a thought I have, but I keep hitting a dead end when trying to think of where.
Taken way far out of town, to a very secluded place never touched by people, where he won't be found.
Put into a container, or bag, and dropped in a dumpster, taken to the landfill, not likely to be found.

These are my thoughts. I want to keep brainstorming, but I genuinely feel like I've hit a wall. I want this little boy found, now.

There are so many strong folks on here, that I really admire and when I see their perseverance, it makes me want to try to help in some way.

My first case was Deorr Kunz, and if you know that one, you know his body has never been located and the parents were listed as suspects but never charged. I've followed Abby and Libby's case pretty well, and as you surely know, their killer(s) has not been found. Then I followed Mariah Woods and thought my heart would rip out, but there is a lot of relief that comes when a body is found and arrests are made. This is the 4th case I've followed since the beginning, and it's had quite an impact on me. I feel a lot like you do...there are just a zillion little places Lucas could be hidden...will he ever be found? How can we stand it? How do the families stand it? I don't even know the little guy but he definitely has a big place in my heart. So I keep following, brainstorming, and coming back here for updates because I have hope he will be found. Without hope, I couldn't do it. I love the little guy and want justice so badly.

Sorry I don't really have advice on how to cope with the lulls or what to do when cases go cold. But I am inspired by the people here and drawn to those missing, I just feel I can't give up. That there is so much humanity that is GOOD, look at how much effort just local WS'ers are putting into finding this missing child. We may learn of the worst of humanity here, but I also see the best of humanity and want to believe and be a part of the solution. I truly care about the victims so much, if nothing else.

You have a lot of good ideas. I hope you continue on WS, your input and presence is needed and appreciated!

I can't tell what it is, looks more like scrapes to me. But in high school, I opened a lid while cooking and got steam burns on the tops of my fingers that ended up blistering over. I walked around for 2 days with my hands planted in jars of ice water because it was so painful.

If it were me and those really are injuries, I'd have neosporin and bandaids on them. Who knows if hers are related to the crime, pixelation, or otherwise. If indeed they're injured I wonder what story she gave to LE and if they bought it or it if led them to the parks for some reason.

As always, JMO.

Ouch! Your post just made me think of something else. Since the video was taken after her arrest, we don't actually know if her hands looked like that on the 17th. So many unknowns!

Which male? The only one I have heard about was the man smoking and that was a few days before Feb 11. (Video around 2:30 time)

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201763589.html

Yes that’s the one. Maybe that was his dad. Sorry...just nothing else came up about him from what I could see. I was thinking maybe he could have been “a friend” that she may have called to help.

I really, really doubt that her restricted license limited any driving she did.

The family didn’t even know that she had a restricted license so it’s clear she wasn’t following said restrictions.

MOO.

I agree. It’s also illegal to smoke marijuana but that didn’t stop her either. Getting caught driving on a restricted license just gets you issued a ticket, no arrest and you are allowed to go on your merry way. I know this because I have former teenagers who were real idiots sometimes. I don’t think EG would let that restricted license stop her when she had worse crimes she was trying to hide. My stepdaughter is EG’s age and she has a 3 year old. And like EG, she likes to smoke pot. There is a very easy way to get it now since we are so close to states where it’s use is legal. From what they told me, the bigger drug dealers here focus on meth and pills. The pot dealers are more low key and most likely live in the suburbs with families and legitimate jobs. I stopped asking after that because I don’t want to know any more than that.

Ok so I was thinking. If she went north on Edgemore, Patrol East and the VA are just on the other side of Kellogg
If she hopped on Kellogg (54/400) there are a ton of cameras
If she went south on Edgemore, just past Lincoln the old school admin building is there and it’s now condos I think?
We are talking about a lot of cameras in a very short space relatively.
Have all those little side streets in between been gone through thoroughly? Just thinking out loud

Hi Scarlett- we ran the most likely roads from one house to the other. LE covered several streets around the house. We have picked out possible sites throughout the area. Feel free to let me know of any ideas that you see an opportunity. Thank you so much :)

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I haven't seen the 9,000 one, but the 10k one is apparently for legal fees and for 'what she needs while she is in jail'
She was unable to obtain her own lawyer, requested an application for a PD, and was told by jail staff that she wouldn't need one for her preliminary hearing. She was also denied a professional visit from a PD.
I think both of these are much less than the truth, though I think there may be some truth that she was denied a visit. If memory serves me, that's not how this jail works, and visitation is over a video phone, yes? If so, a PD walking in to see her would likely be denied. I need to go back and try to find that info.

Basically - everyone is mean to her and she needs deodorant and chips. (MOO)

I had to laugh at the last part.

I’m not sure if they just haven’t updated that part. It looks like it is supposed to have pics on my end but theyre not loading. The info is available in the twitter feed to the right of the page for me.
Best I can find for EMS data so far is number and types of calls per month nothing with individual calls listed

Thanks for checking! I thought it was a phone vs computer issue with content not pulling up but it appears it's just not there. Thanks again!

Her knuckles weren't visible in her interview, it was when she appeared for court.

http://abc7chicago.com/stepmother-appears-in-court-amid-frantic-search-for-missing-boy/3150358/

ETA - wow. Most of the stills I have seen of her knuckles have been zoomed in and it's hard to tell what's up. They looked very bruised even just in the still at the article linked above. :(
I'm going to hope she was punching the walls in jail.
I think it's shadows and lighting. Her hands do not looked injured, at all, to me.

From the video
attachment.php

Attachments

• eg hands.PNG
    eg hands.PNG
    108.3 KB · Views: 517
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online