Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Authorities searching for 26-year-old woman in Madison Co.
AMANDA+BAILEY.jpg
The Richmond Fire Department is assisting KSP and the Madison County Sheriff's office in the search of a missing 26-year-old woman.

Amanda Bailey, 26, was reported missing on Tuesday at around 5 to 6 p.m. The Madison County Sheriff's Office confirmed, however, that Bailey had been missing since Monday at 4 p.m.

She was last known to be at Lake Reba at the Catalpa Loop. Deputies are considering the missing woman as "missing and endangered" due to bitter cold and below-zero temperatures.

According to the Richmond Fire Department, boats, equipment and ground units were requested in order to help with the search.

The fire department expects to be out in the Lake Reba area for the next few hours searching. They have set up a command post at the Gibson Bay Pro Shop.

Crews End Search For The Night After Woman Reported Missing
poster-111.jpg
Crews on Wednesday were searching near Lake Reba in Richmond until around 7 p.m., when they wrapped up for the night. They will resume the search Thursday. The search will focus on Reba Lake and Hwy 52.

Police said they do not suspect foul play.

Officials said deputies searched the area of Lake Reba and Catalpa Loop, where Bailey last was reportedly seen.

The search was made more difficult because of the bitter cold.

View attachment 166723
Crews on Wednesday were searching near Lake Reba in Richmond until around 7 p.m., when they wrapped up for the night. They will resume the search Thursday. The search will focus on Reba Lake and Hwy 52.

Officials said deputies searched the area of Lake Reba and Catalpa Loop, where Bailey last was reportedly seen.

Thank you for creating this thread! You are lightening fast!

View attachment 166723

So they don't suspect foul play- accident, or self harm then?

I hope Amanda is found safe soon. Too many sad endings here this winter.

Authorities searching for 26-year-old woman in Madison Co.
View attachment 166718
The Richmond Fire Department is assisting KSP and the Madison County Sheriff's office in the search of a missing 26-year-old woman.

Amanda Bailey, 26, was reported missing on Tuesday at around 5 to 6 p.m. The Madison County Sheriff's Office confirmed, however, that Bailey had been missing since Monday at 4 p.m.

She was last known to be at Lake Reba at the Catalpa Loop. Deputies are considering the missing woman as "missing and endangered" due to bitter cold and below-zero temperatures.

According to the Richmond Fire Department, boats, equipment and ground units were requested in order to help with the search.

The fire department expects to be out in the Lake Reba area for the next few hours searching. They have set up a command post at the Gibson Bay Pro Shop.

Have they explained the delay in AB being reported missing? That's 25 to 26 hours she was already missing! I hope she is somewhere safe, as I'm sure we all do.

"Amanda Bailey, 26, was reported missing on Tuesday at around 5 to 6 p.m. The Madison County Sheriff's Office confirmed, however, that Bailey had been missing since Monday at 4 p.m."

So they don't suspect foul play- accident, or self harm then?

I hope Amanda is found safe soon. Too many sad endings here this winter.
It's hard to say because we don't really know anything about her. I'd like to think if it was self-harm they would have found her already. She was missing just over 24 hours when reported missing too. I hope she's okay.
MOO

ETA: Here is a map of Lake Reba Google Maps

Have they explained the delay in AB being reported missing? That's 25 to 26 hours she was already missing! I hope she is somewhere safe, as I'm sure we all do.

"Amanda Bailey, 26, was reported missing on Tuesday at around 5 to 6 p.m. The Madison County Sheriff's Office confirmed, however, that Bailey had been missing since Monday at 4 p.m."
Jinx!

No, I haven't seen anything that explains the delay. :(

It’s very odd the area is so close to where Savannah went missing.

Hi y’all. I use to be an active member here so many years ago. I was shellbell.

Hope she is found. Isn’t it odd that they are saying no foul play expected?

I do not believe that LE has said anything other than missing & endangered. Do you have a link to something about foul play?

ETA: Pommy replied and I now see that they are saying exactly that. Foul play is not suspected. WHAT?!

Last edited:

Hey there, welcome back. :)

Richmond is about 3 1/2 hours from Madisonville where Savannah went missing. Although we don't know much here yet, the circumstances seem very different. I'm going to guess the cases aren't related.
MOO

Yikes. If she's outside in this kind of weather, the outlook would not be positive. It's at least that cold pretty much everywhere tonight.

And so, in that case wouldn't the lake be frozen solid?
I know it, I just can't imagine being out in this. I have no idea how deep the lake is or if it would freeze over. Amanda needs a bear like Casey's. :)
MOO

I do not believe that LE has said anything other than missing & endangered. Do you have a link to something about foul play?

ETA: Pommy replied and I now see that they are saying exactly that. Foul play is not suspected. WHAT?!
They seem to say that in many cases now- foul play is not suspected at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503
Back