IN - Ashley Jones, 29, bizarre murder-by-antifreeze conspiracy, both her mother and stepfather are dead, Louisville, Oct 2023 *arrest

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — An Indiana woman accused of helping her mother poison her stepfather could potentially be linked to another death investigation.
cefbbcb8-42b1-4e8b-8d9f-4a74d5ca599a_1140x641.jpg

The investigation into Ashley began after her mother, Marsha Allen, reported a burglary at her home in September. Officers said they discovered that two men - Steven White and Nathaniel Kane Napier - committed the burglary with the help of Ashley. While searching for evidence in relation to the burglary, detectives found text messages on Marsha's phone of the women conspiring to poison Marsha's husband, Harold Allen

One family’s bodies have piled up in recent months – and now one woman remains at the center of an increasingly bizarre and complex murder-by-poison conspiracy, authorities in Indiana say.

Ashley Nicole Jones, 29, currently stands accused of one count each of murder, attempted murder, burglary, and conspiracy, according to Jackson County jail records reviewed by Law&Crime

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — An Indiana woman accused of helping her mother poison her stepfather could potentially be linked to another death investigation.

The investigation into Ashley began after her mother, Marsha Allen, reported a burglary at her home in September. Officers said they discovered that two men - Steven White and Nathaniel Kane Napier - committed the burglary with the help of Ashley. While searching for evidence in relation to the burglary, detectives found text messages on Marsha's phone of the women conspiring to poison Marsha's husband, Harold Allen

One family’s bodies have piled up in recent months – and now one woman remains at the center of an increasingly bizarre and complex murder-by-poison conspiracy, authorities in Indiana say.

Ashley Nicole Jones, 29, currently stands accused of one count each of murder, attempted murder, burglary, and conspiracy, according to Jackson County jail records reviewed by Law&Crime
A bit confusing but wow! Evilly greedy.

Wow, a lot of players and names to keep track of :oops:

So Ashley conspired with her Mom to poison/kill Mom's husband. Then consipred with two men to rob her Mom's house. That lead to the text messages between Mom & Daughter about killing Mom's husband. Meantime, Ashely's husband suddenly died, she has him cremated lickity-split and says he dies of alcohol poisoning. Now Ashley's Mom is found dead in her home, toxicology reports pending COD.

Do I have all that straight? We need a whiteboard ...

Wow, a lot of players and names to keep track of :oops:

So Ashley conspired with her Mom to poison/kill Mom's husband. Then consipred with two men to rob her Mom's house. That lead to the text messages between Mom & Daughter about killing Mom's husband. Meantime, Ashely's husband suddenly died, she has him cremated lickity-split and says he dies of alcohol poisoning. Now Ashley's Mom is found dead in her home, toxicology reports pending COD.

Do I have all that straight? We need a whiteboard ...
That’s what I got it from it too. So Ashley’s mother’s husband is still alive but there was a conspiracy to commit his murder.

Edited~ Peanut is Marsha's husband, who is dead - Harold "Peanut" L. Allen Jr. - View Obituary & Service Information

Who is Ashley's husband and is he dead too? I am confused.
This link explains the connections and the deaths. Whoa! Ashley has been a busy bee...

"The investigation into Ashley began after her mother, Marsha Allen, reported a burglary at her home in September. Officers said they discovered that two men - Steven White and Nathaniel Kane Napier - committed the burglary with the help of Ashley. While searching for evidence in relation to the burglary, detectives found text messages on Marsha's phone of the women conspiring to poison Marsha's husband, Harold Allen.
William is White's father and the uncle of Ashley's late husband, Tyrson Jones. William said Tyrson was found dead in his home in 2019, just days after he received an inheritance from his great grandfather.
He said family members were unaware of Tyrson's death -- until they got a call from Ashley.
cefbbcb8-42b1-4e8b-8d9f-4a74d5ca599a_16x9.jpg

Credit: Jackson County Jail
Ashley Jones, 29

Last edited:

Angela Ganote ·​

A murder, a crazy plot, and an ongoing investigation. Hang with me here.​

Today Ashley Jones was charged with murder, conspiracy to commit murder, attempted murder, and burglary.
Here is what the Jackson County Sheriff is releasing for now.

An investigation began after Marsha Allen reported a burglary at her home on September 19. The home is in Jackson County off State Road 135

Two men, Steven White and Nathaniel Kane Napier, broke into the home with the help of Ashley who is Marsha’s daughter. Marsha showed detectives video of them breaking in.

They are both charged with burglary.

Detectives went to Steven, showed him the videos and he admitted he stole guns and other items including rings from the home.

He claimed Marsha may have set everything up. And then he told police Marsha murdered her husband back in 2022?
He then changed his story and admitted it was Ashley who set it up the burglary.

By the way…. one of the stolen rings had a signature on it… Harold Allen. Harold is the deceased husband of Marsha.
Detectives asked Marsha if she killed her husband – she said no.

However, law enforcement were able to examine Marsha’s cell phone. They found text messages between Marsha and Ashley talking about murdering Harold by poisoning him.

Detectives interviewed Marsha. We don’t yet know what she said but officers released her while their investigation continued.

On Monday, October 16 at 7:52 p.m. Marsha was found dead with no signs of violence.

Tuesday October 17 Ashley confessed to ordering ethylene glycol off the Internet. She denies killing Harold. She claims her mother placed the poisonous liquid in Harold’s drink.

Many questions remain. We are waiting for the probable cause to be unsealed.

I also reached out to the Jackson County coroner to find out if an autopsy was done on Harold Allen in December of 2022 when he died. The sheriff’s department tells me they did not know his death was a homicide until recently.

We are still waiting on an autopsy for Marsha. We do not know if she was killed, killed herself our died of natural causes.

Edited~ Peanut is Marsha's husband, who is dead - Harold "Peanut" L. Allen Jr. - View Obituary & Service Information

Who is Ashley's husband and is he dead too? I am confused.
The spelling I found for Ashley's deceased husband is different than that in the news story.

TYROSON JONES​

178 BLUNT AVE, AUSTIN, IN, 47102

I'm confused though, I find Marsha lives in Indiana. I think the title of this thread is a mistake - this happened in Jackson County INDIANA, not in KENTUCKY?

Mods can you change the Thread title?

INBIZ
IN.gov

Business Details​
Business Name:​
LIFE BALANCE PUBLISHING LLC
Business ID:​
Entity Type:​
Domestic Limited Liability Company
Business Status:​
Active
Creation Date:​
05/26/2023
Inactive Date:​
Principal Office Address:​
3287 N State RD 135,, Freetown, IN, 47235, USA
Expiration Date:​
Perpetual
Jurisdiction of Formation:​
Indiana
Business Entity Report Due Date:​
05/31/2025
Years Due:​
Governing Person Information​
TitleNameAddress
MemberMARSHA ALLEN3287 N State RD 135,, Freetown, IN, 47235, USA
  • Page 1 of 1, records 1 to 1 of 1

Obituary for Marsha Allen​

Marsha Allen, 52, of Freetown, Indiana passed away Monday, October 16, 2023.
Born July 12, 1971 in Scottsburg, Indiana, she was the daughter of Allen and Teresa (Watts) White.

She was a Medical Assistant at First Urology in Seymour, Indiana

Survivors include her son, Jamie Allen Buxton of Seymour, Indiana, daughter, Ashley Nicole Jones of Missouri, grandchildren Violet Ann Lynn Jones, Gabriel Allen Buxton, and Hazel Ruth Ann Buxton, her parents, Allen and Teresa White of Austin, Indiana.

Funeral Service: 1:00 pm Monday, October 23, 2023 at Buchanan Funeral Home in Austin, Indiana with Rev. Glen Waldon officiating.

Visitation will be 11 am to 1 pm Monday at the funeral home.

Burial will be at Scottsburg Cemetery Scottsburg, Indiana.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back