KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, unarmed, fatally shot multiple times by police, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it curious that the media hasn't provided any expert advice on the legality of the warrant. Maybe too busy interviewing entertainers.
Or to busy chasing the corruption of LMPD. Celebrities have no problem finding a camera to get in front of, and just because they are celebrities should not invalidate their feelings if they feel injustice has been done that would just be hypocritical.

I don't think this release will satisfy those that want the officers charged. It will only lead to more attacks towards the AG. There are no fair minded people anymore. Everything is so partisan. jmo
I am a very fair minded person, if you recall upthread on more than one occasion I stated that I may not like the GJ decision but it was the system we have and I would accept there decision.
Here is where the rub now come in IF the KY AG did not present all of the evidence to the GJ then their hands were tied when it came to the decision they ultimately made.
I am not the only person who has started to see that it seems that may have been a problem there are State Government and City Government who are also brining this into the light. There is the head of a LMPD swat unit that is saying this raid was not done correctly, you have an officer who blatantly lied to obtain a search warrant, you have a Judge who is ordering the information to be publicly released.
So to say that there are a bunch of "us" who are not fair minded is a bit of a reach if you ask me.
This has always been my understanding of how our judicial system works
A crime is committed LE investigates and makes an arrest (if necessary) the investigative reports are given to the DA office if the DA chooses not to make a call on the charges they can empanel a Grand Jury it is then up to the prosecutors office to present ALL of the evidence to the Grand Jury (not cherry pick the evidence they want to tell the GJ) if indictments are handed down then the person is charged and it goes before the court and a jury of our Peers votes for a guilty or not guilty decision.
When you have a AG decide he doesn't want to make the decision on an officer involved shooting and brings in a GJ all of the evidence needs to be put forth they cannot say well I don't want to make the decision on indictment but I can get to do that on the back side by not giving all the evidence to the GJ and forcing them to make the decision the AG wants but it appears to be the decision of the GJ.
There is a whole community of people who want to heal from this case but that can only be done when the whole truth comes out about this case.
If the warrant was legally obtained, if truthful facts were in the investigative report, if there was a valid reason for the DA to recuse himself, if the KY AG provided all the evidence to the GJ and they stand behind there decision then let's get it all out now, not in dribs and drabs like it has been for 6 months, get the truth out to the public let us absorb it, get acceptance and start the healing process.
I pray that with some of the decisions that were made today we will get to that place.

The same celebrities that are screaming about what an injustice this case is were quiet about the one in Houston last year where the two residents were killed and four officers injured. The same case where the officer leading the raid lied about two different informants making a drug buy at the house to get a no knock warrant. Only being outraged at certain cases and ignoring others is hypocritical is it not?
Well I would say so, where was the media when this happened?

The same celebrities that are screaming about what an injustice this case is were quiet about the one in Houston last year where the two residents were killed and four officers injured. The same case where the officer leading the raid lied about two different informants making a drug buy at the house to get a no knock warrant. Only being outraged at certain cases and ignoring others is hypocritical is it not?
Double quote sorry, Is there a thread here on the case? If not you should consider starting one.

I don't think this release will satisfy those that want the officers charged. It will only lead to more attacks towards the AG. There are no fair minded people anymore. Everything is so partisan. jmo
I have to disagree. I dont think politics have anything to do with peoples outrage. An innocent women was murder in her home due to LEs negligent performance of their duties and in act called egergious by Lt. Dale Massey. People just want to make sure what happened to BT isnt just pushed under the rug and that she gets justice. JMO

Daniel Cameron says he will release the recording from the grand jury on Wednesday.
Judge Ann Bailey Smith ordered today that the grand jury proceedings be filed in court by Wed: https://wdrb.com/news/hankison-pleads-not-guilty-to-charges-connected-to-breonna-taylor-raid/article_72d00cbc-01c4-11eb-88d1-8fbe00153e1b.html… via
@WDRBNews
After declining to specify last week what he recommended to the grand jury,
@kyoag
now says his office recommended only the wanton endangerment charges in the Breonna Taylor case.

If Cameron had felt that he did not have enough justification to recommend indictments for the men who killed Ms. Taylor (justified or not), then he should have said it then and owned it. He cloaked the process behind the "secrecy" of a grand jury transferring the responsibility for his decision to these 12 people who never had the opportunity to weigh if charges should be filed against the men who shot and killed Ms. Taylor.

Now we have a bigger mess. He obfuscated and expected/hoped/begged that the people of this community would accept the outcome. People trust him, his office, and those who are supposed to insure justice to represent them and seek justice. By doing this game, he has damaged the public's faith in his ability to represent them and be honest.

I am not one who blindly believes one side or another in issues of police and public violence. I can certainly understand the POV of many legal scholars that the idea that once Walker shot, the officers had a clear path to shooting in self-defense. What is at issue for me is the lack of transparency and the information leaks when the truth is about to be revealed. Many people in this country feel disenfranchised from those who are supposed to protect and serve them through years of abuses and cover-ups.

Justice for Breonna Taylor. We can't change her being killed but we can seek to have all processes in the justice system transparent so an innocent person's death is not collateral damage any longer.

IMHO.

Well I would say so, where was the media when this happened?
Being quiet about after a while. Sadly the media plays a huge role in what people get outraged about by choosing how they cover it.

The Duncan Lemp case is another perfect example of the media being selective. No knock warrant with the suspect killed. Police said he didn't put down a weapon, family said he was asleep in bed and 9 months later they still refuse to release the body cam footage. MSM has pretty much ignored it

Last edited:
Being quiet about after a while. Sadly the media plays a huge role in what people get outraged about by choosing how they cover it.

The Duncan Lemp case is another perfect example of the media being selective. No knock warrant with the suspect killed. Police said he didn't put down a weapon, family said he was asleep in bed and 9 months later they still refuse to release the body cam footage. MSM has pretty much ignored it
So has a thread been started here? Are you willing to post it so we can look into the case?

I am not aware of this case. Thank you for bringing it this thread. Can you give some more information? No one should die as a result of perjury and graft when it comes to LE. I look forward to learning more about the case you highlighted.

As with the Taylor case, if indeed, there is body cam footage and any other evidence in this case, it should be released. In a brief reading of this man's encounter with officers, while I might not agree with his politics, it is important that he get justice if he was killed while sleeping in his bed. It should not be hard to gather the evidence and present it publicly. WE are a nation of laws and the system should be transparent.

I am not aware of this case. Thank you for bringing it this thread. Can you give some more information? No one should die as a result of perjury and graft when it comes to LE. I look forward to learning more about the case you highlighted.
Basically what happen was the lead detective who lead the raid, said he had a CI go in and buy heroin. CI supposedly said there was a large amount of heroin and guns in the house. Went to the judge and got a no knock warrant. They go to serve the warrant and the two residents ending up being killed and four officers, including the lead detective where wounded. After an investigation by HPD, he gave a name for a CI who said he didn't purchase any drugs from the couple. The detective then gives another name and that CI says the same thing. They end up questioning multiple CIs after and they all said the same. Six months later they end up charging him with two counts of murder and another officer for filing a false statement. They ended up being charged federally as well.

Now if the lead detective in this case was determined to have lied about having a different postal inspector confirm the packages, I could see similar charges being brought against him. I'm not sure if they could go after the other officers if they weren't involved in getting the warrants. I know they are investigating the detectives involved in getting the warrant and were investigating the officers involved in the raid to see if they followed procedures

I am a very fair minded person, if you recall upthread on more than one occasion I stated that I may not like the GJ decision but it was the system we have and I would accept there decision.
Here is where the rub now come in IF the KY AG did not present all of the evidence to the GJ then their hands were tied when it came to the decision they ultimately made.
I am not the only person who has started to see that it seems that may have been a problem there are State Government and City Government who are also brining this into the light. There is the head of a LMPD swat unit that is saying this raid was not done correctly, you have an officer who blatantly lied to obtain a search warrant, you have a Judge who is ordering the information to be publicly released.
So to say that there are a bunch of "us" who are not fair minded is a bit of a reach if you ask me.
This has always been my understanding of how our judicial system works
A crime is committed LE investigates and makes an arrest (if necessary) the investigative reports are given to the DA office if the DA chooses not to make a call on the charges they can empanel a Grand Jury it is then up to the prosecutors office to present ALL of the evidence to the Grand Jury (not cherry pick the evidence they want to tell the GJ) if indictments are handed down then the person is charged and it goes before the court and a jury of our Peers votes for a guilty or not guilty decision.
When you have a AG decide he doesn't want to make the decision on an officer involved shooting and brings in a GJ all of the evidence needs to be put forth they cannot say well I don't want to make the decision on indictment but I can get to do that on the back side by not giving all the evidence to the GJ and forcing them to make the decision the AG wants but it appears to be the decision of the GJ.
There is a whole community of people who want to heal from this case but that can only be done when the whole truth comes out about this case.
If the warrant was legally obtained, if truthful facts were in the investigative report, if there was a valid reason for the DA to recuse himself, if the KY AG provided all the evidence to the GJ and they stand behind there decision then let's get it all out now, not in dribs and drabs like it has been for 6 months, get the truth out to the public let us absorb it, get acceptance and start the healing process.
I pray that with some of the decisions that were made today we will get to that place.

Just like what I believe has happened here. The arguement will be relavant information. Those that want an arrest have put forth all kinds of arguements that the raid was wrong and then imply BT go no justice because the officers did not get arrested.

I have to disagree. I dont think politics have anything to do with peoples outrage. An innocent women was murder in her home due to LEs negligent performance of their duties and in act called egergious by Lt. Dale Massey. People just want to make sure what happened to BT isnt just pushed under the rug and that she gets justice. JMO

Massey called Hokinsons act egregious.

If Cameron had felt that he did not have enough justification to recommend indictments for the men who killed Ms. Taylor (justified or not), then he should have said it then and owned it. He cloaked the process behind the "secrecy" of a grand jury transferring the responsibility for his decision to these 12 people who never had the opportunity to weigh if charges should be filed against the men who shot and killed Ms. Taylor.

Now we have a bigger mess. He obfuscated and expected/hoped/begged that the people of this community would accept the outcome. People trust him, his office, and those who are supposed to insure justice to represent them and seek justice. By doing this game, he has damaged the public's faith in his ability to represent them and be honest.

I am not one who blindly believes one side or another in issues of police and public violence. I can certainly understand the POV of many legal scholars that the idea that once Walker shot, the officers had a clear path to shooting in self-defense. What is at issue for me is the lack of transparency and the information leaks when the truth is about to be revealed. Many people in this country feel disenfranchised from those who are supposed to protect and serve them through years of abuses and cover-ups.

Justice for Breonna Taylor. We can't change her being killed but we can seek to have all processes in the justice system transparent so an innocent person's death is not collateral damage any longer.

IMHO.

Good post & this is also how I saw it. However, it would take a h*** of a man to have made the decision on his own. He would have been crucified.

Breonna Taylor case: What we know about the special prosecutors

This is the 3rd or 4th posting of this link. I expected some comments, but there weren't any. I believe I recognized the two special prosecutors standing behind the AG at the presser. I would like to know if they were given the authority to take the case wherever the evidence led them. Bottom line is the AG is the boss and we'll see if at some point he throws them to the wolves. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow