KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, unarmed, fatally shot multiple times by police, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would make sense that the warrants were served at the same time so the other residences/parties would not be able to alert each other. See below as a link that states times different than 4 am in custody.

Court records show LMPD officers executed two search warrants as a part of the narcotics investigation — one at Taylor's apartment on Springfield Drive and another at Glover's suspected drug house in the 2400 block of Elliott Avenue, about 10 miles away. The records claim both of the warrants were executed at the same time: 12:40 a.m. March 13. Taylor was shot and killed around that same time.

In the amended civil lawsuit against the three officers involved in Taylor's death, it says that police actually executed the warrant for Glover and arrested him around 12 a.m.

LMPD lied about search time, arrest of suspect in narcotics case | whas11.com

Question, cause I am not as knowledgeable about this case as others. LE said that drugs were delivered to her address in the past (not to her) and the boyfriend said he shot because he thought maybe her ex had broken in.

So was Jamarcus Glover the ex-boyfriend?

Question, cause I am not as knowledgeable about this case as others. LE said that drugs were delivered to her address in the past (not to her) and the boyfriend said he shot because he thought maybe her ex had broken in.

Breonna Taylor shooting fact check: 7 rumors that are wrong

Breonna and Jamarcus dated in the past, about 2 years ago. I'm not aware that it has ever been revealed who Kenneth was referring to in his statement about an ex.

Breonna Taylor case: The countdown for justice looms as patience wavers in Louisville

The FBI is investigating whether Taylor's civil rights were violated. Officials have not provided an update on the case's status. Taylor's mother has filed a lawsuit in civil court against the three officers.

None of the officers have been charged with a crime. Two of the officers remain on the force. A third officer was fired and is appealing to get his job back.

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron dismissed rumors on Sunday night that there would be an imminent announcement on the criminal investigation, tweeting "the investigation remains ongoing...we continue to pursue the facts in this case through an independent and thorough investigation."

It would make sense that the warrants were served at the same time so the other residences/parties would not be able to alert each other. See below as a link that states times different than 4 am in custody.

Court records show LMPD officers executed two search warrants as a part of the narcotics investigation — one at Taylor's apartment on Springfield Drive and another at Glover's suspected drug house in the 2400 block of Elliott Avenue, about 10 miles away. The records claim both of the warrants were executed at the same time: 12:40 a.m. March 13. Taylor was shot and killed around that same time.

In the amended civil lawsuit against the three officers involved in Taylor's death, it says that police actually executed the warrant for Glover and arrested him around 12 a.m.

LMPD lied about search time, arrest of suspect in narcotics case | whas11.com

Oh, it just gets better and better. And the prior botched raid is just the cherry on top. These incompetent, uncaring killers need to be arrested.

Hopefully the authorities will base an arrest on the facts not what movie stars and athletes want.
I'm not a movie star or an athlete, so I'm not sure how that pertains to my comment. I'm just another tax-paying, law & order loving, rules-following, average Joe. My concern is that they won't arrest them even though they should - like so many other LEOs who have gotten way with reckless killings for no good reason, other than that they are LEOs.

Last edited:
I'm not a movie star or an athlete, so I'm not sure how that pertains to my comment. I'm just another tax-paying, law & order loving, rules-following, average Joe. My concern is that they won't arrest them even though they should - like so many other LEOs who have gotten way with reckless killings for no good reason, other than that they are LEOs.

From previous posts, many experts don't believe there are grounds for arrest. My point is most of those calling for arrests are not experts. We don't know all the facts. If you feel you know enough to want charges, that's fine. Consider this: Your superiors develop information, secure a no knock warrant & order you to be one of the grunts to do the dangerous job of executing the warrant/warrants for a coordinated raid. You are shot in the femoral artery or your partner was. You were told only one person was in the apartment so you return fire thinking that one person was shooting at you. What should you be charged with.

I don't know the answer to your question but IMO, the boyfriend had every right to shoot at whomever it was that was breaking in----the ex or anyone else. I'd do the same thing.

From previous posts, many experts don't believe there are grounds for arrest. My point is most of those calling for arrests are not experts. We don't know all the facts. If you feel you know enough to want charges, that's fine. Consider this: Your superiors develop information, secure a no knock warrant & order you to be one of the grunts to do the dangerous job of executing the warrant/warrants for a coordinated raid. You are shot in the femoral artery or your partner was. You were told only one person was in the apartment so you return fire thinking that one person was shooting at you. What should you be charged with.
Maybe the superiors should be charged?

Then the arrests just become a whole lot more widespread. No one gets to "just follow orders" and kill a lady in her house for no good reason. I wouldn't be surprised if superiors were involved, given how long it's taking to hold these guys accountable. I think that's also the theory of the family's legal case.

You make a great case that I hadn't thought of, but it supports my belief that it's time to protect civilians AND the police on the front lines from bad policing and its consequences. It's out of control and dangerous to all, and it doesn't have to be that way.

I don't know the answer to your question but IMO, the boyfriend had every right to shoot at whomever it was that was breaking in----the ex or anyone else. I'd do the same thing.

If & it's a big if, the police announce themselves once they enter a building the castle doctrine doesn't apply. This is my understanding. In fact, if I remember correctly the boyfriend was initially arrested. The charges were dropped. Poor optics in my opinion.

If & it's a big if, the police announce themselves once they enter a building the castle doctrine doesn't apply. This is my understanding. In fact, if I remember correctly the boyfriend was initially arrested. The charges were dropped. Poor optics in my opinion.
But if someone is breaking in, it's a little late to announce anything once they've made entry . The boyfriend wouldn't have shot at them if he knew they were cops IMO.

It is disputed when the officers announced that they were LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow