KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, unarmed, fatally shot multiple times by police, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue of accountability when these situations occur is very interesting to me. The officers are not at fault as they are following orders. The superiors aren't at fault because they were working with the best information they had. In the meantime, they continue with the same practices they used on Mario Daugherty and others. Something has to give. These people are in their homes and killed or maimed but no one is accountable. How does that pass muster with anyone? If the officers in the field were held accountable, I would bet my last dollar that more care would be taken in doing these warrants. If the superiors were held accountable, I would bet my next to last dollar that the superiors would think three to four times more about setting these raids in motion.

Botham Jean, Atatiana Jefferson, Kenneth Chamberlain, Stephon Clark, Amadou Diallo....... people at their front doors, in their homes, in their yards who have been killed. The Daugherty incident and Breonna Taylor incident are just two more. Toddler Bounkham Phonesavanh was badly burned after a flash bang was thrown into his crib. Aiyana Stanley-Jones was shot through the head while asleep on her couch (she was seven).

Matthew Stewart (Utah) had officers raiding his home and he thought he and his sister were being robbed. He shot at officers and killed one. He was branded a cop killer and ultimately committed suicide because of what happened.

There are too many tragedies of civilians or cops being killed in these types of situations.

Besides having to stop, people who authorize them have to be accountable for information used and actions taken in order to obtain a warrant. JMHO.

There is a problem with this kind of raid that goes back years. LEO has not addressed it. Now, the people who have been traumatized and killed have a public aware and demanding accountability.

Ismael Mena, 92 year old Kathryn Johnson (some officers tried to plant marijuana in her home after she was shot), Tracy Ingle and more.

My favorite is Cheye Calvo who was raided based on a package delivered to his home. His dogs were shot AND it was found he had nothing to do with the package. Oh, and he was the mayor of the town....

This kind of policing does not work and not holding officers accountable has caused too much damage. People who were raided who defended their homes thinking they were under assault (like Kathryn Johnson) are killed or charged when an officer is shot. Can't have it both ways. IMHO.

Breonna Taylor's ex-boyfriend Jamarcus Glover has been arrested

A few curious details I haven't heard:
"Walker told investigators he heard banging at the door & assumed it was Jamarcus Glover"
If Breonna quit dating Glover two years earlier, why assume it was him?

After hearing this banging at the door, "He grabbed his gun, the two got dressed and made their way toward the front door when it flew off the hinges".
This says they heard banging at the door, had time to get dressed & make their way out of the bedroom & go down the hallway to see the door fly open. This scenario is very different than the story we've been fed.

The issue of accountability when these situations occur is very interesting to me. The officers are not at fault as they are following orders. The superiors aren't at fault because they were working with the best information they had. In the meantime, they continue with the same practices they used on Mario Daugherty and others. Something has to give. These people are in their homes and killed or maimed but no one is accountable. How does that pass muster with anyone? If the officers in the field were held accountable, I would bet my last dollar that more care would be taken in doing these warrants. If the superiors were held accountable, I would bet my next to last dollar that the superiors would think three to four times more about setting these raids in motion.

Botham Jean, Atatiana Jefferson, Kenneth Chamberlain, Stephon Clark, Amadou Diallo....... people at their front doors, in their homes, in their yards who have been killed. The Daugherty incident and Breonna Taylor incident are just two more. Toddler Bounkham Phonesavanh was badly burned after a flash bang was thrown into his crib. Aiyana Stanley-Jones was shot through the head while asleep on her couch (she was seven).

Matthew Stewart (Utah) had officers raiding his home and he thought he and his sister were being robbed. He shot at officers and killed one. He was branded a cop killer and ultimately committed suicide because of what happened.

There are too many tragedies of civilians or cops being killed in these types of situations.

Besides having to stop, people who authorize them have to be accountable for information used and actions taken in order to obtain a warrant. JMHO.

There is a problem with this kind of raid that goes back years. LEO has not addressed it. Now, the people who have been traumatized and killed have a public aware and demanding accountability.

Of course the officers are at fault in this situation. No one gave them an order to break into the home of an innocent, defenseless person to kill them. They were trespassing on private property from the moment the broke into the home.

They messed up and should be tried in court the same as anyone else. No one is above the law.

"Walker told investigators he heard banging at the door & assumed it was Jamarcus Glover"

After hearing this banging at the door, "He grabbed his gun, the two got dressed and made their way toward the front door when it flew off the hinges".
This says they heard banging at the door, had time to get dressed & make their way out of the bedroom & go down the hallway to see the door fly open. This scenario is very different than the story we've been fed.

Also relevant in the article is the fact there were no drugs found in the victim's apartment and she was not involved in any drug activity. All the rest sounds like some bad officers trying to justify a tragic mistake that cost the life of an innocent person. They need to take some personal responsibility and own up to their mistakes. JMO.

Also relevant in the article is the fact there were no drugs found in the victim's apartment and she was not involved in any drug activity. All the rest sounds like some bad officers trying to justify a tragic mistake that cost the life of an innocent person. They need to take some personal responsibility and own up to their mistakes. JMO.

I was only pointing out what was new to me in the article. Not making a case for or against what occurred.

@TessaDuvall
There is increasing evidence -- LMPD's own records -- that police had located the main target of their narcotics investigation well before officers ever busted open Breonna Taylor's door.
Police documents & statements have indicated that police hit BOTH Breonna Taylor's apartment and Jamarcus Glover's alleged trap house at 12:40 a.m. But a K-9 search form shows Maverick + handler started at 2424 Elliott at 12:25 a.m. SOP advises civilians be removed pre-search.
Additionally, an email from an officer on scene that night directly contradicts other documents listing the search time — including one she wrote herself. Detective K. Goodlett wrote in an email that the Elliott Avenue warrants were carried out at "approximately 0015 hours."
Det. Kelly Goodlett is the same officer who
@Samaguiar1982 alleges manipulated the time of the search on seized property logs from that night's warrants on Elliott Avenue.Aguiar contends LMPD is trying to hide the fact that the warrants for Elliott and Taylor's apartment were executed at different times so police can argue that Glover "could have been at one of several places." "They knew damn good and well" where he was.
And finally, Jamarcus Glover, the main target in the overall narcotics case, says he was already in custody when he heard radio chatter about gunshots at Breonna Taylor's address.
Breonna Taylor had no ties to drugs, ex-boyfriend says
The Courier-Journal
Here are the documents he references:
upload_2020-8-28_17-15-4.png

upload_2020-8-28_17-15-29.png

Attachments

• B7C69944-AF53-404F-9C7B-E4319D6A5845.jpeg
    B7C69944-AF53-404F-9C7B-E4319D6A5845.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 7
  • FD5BAE5E-86EB-4C1D-9B78-589F2C5B28C7.png
    FD5BAE5E-86EB-4C1D-9B78-589F2C5B28C7.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 9
@TessaDuvall
There is increasing evidence -- LMPD's own records -- that police had located the main target of their narcotics investigation well before officers ever busted open Breonna Taylor's door.
Police documents & statements have indicated that police hit BOTH Breonna Taylor's apartment and Jamarcus Glover's alleged trap house at 12:40 a.m. But a K-9 search form shows Maverick + handler started at 2424 Elliott at 12:25 a.m. SOP advises civilians be removed pre-search.
Additionally, an email from an officer on scene that night directly contradicts other documents listing the search time — including one she wrote herself. Detective K. Goodlett wrote in an email that the Elliott Avenue warrants were carried out at "approximately 0015 hours."
Det. Kelly Goodlett is the same officer who
@Samaguiar1982 alleges manipulated the time of the search on seized property logs from that night's warrants on Elliott Avenue.Aguiar contends LMPD is trying to hide the fact that the warrants for Elliott and Taylor's apartment were executed at different times so police can argue that Glover "could have been at one of several places." "They knew damn good and well" where he was.
And finally, Jamarcus Glover, the main target in the overall narcotics case, says he was already in custody when he heard radio chatter about gunshots at Breonna Taylor's address.
Breonna Taylor had no ties to drugs, ex-boyfriend says
The Courier-Journal
Here are the documents he references:
View attachment 261765

View attachment 261767

I don't take attorneys statements representing anyone as fact. Not arguing. You can. I don't.

And has nothing to do with anything. I don't know what point you are trying to make.

It has been known for some time that police thought Breonna was alone in her apt. & I have mentioned this in previous posts. I assume the officers were looking for drugs. If they were ordered to raid the apt. for no reason someone should be held accountable. Do the warrants say they are looking for drugs? I agree this whole operation was suspect but I don't see the officers being criminally responsible. I'm open to changing my mind. I need a rational argument to convince me.

Attorney General Daniel Cameron
@kyoag

We’ve received the FBI ballistics report in the Breonna Taylor investigation. There is still additional analysis that must take place, & our office does not plan to make an announcement this week. We continue to work diligently to follow the facts and complete the investigation.

I just watched the AG interview on Face The Nation. It confirmed why I don't waste my time watching this stuff. The interviewer asked the AG when he was going to sentence the officers. What? Also, she referred to the three terminated officers. News to me.

It's my opinion that someone will be charged to placate the protesters. I believe the only one charged will be the terminated officer. The ballistics could determine his shots & what he could be charged with. If none of his shots hit Breonna, I don't think anyone be charged with murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member