Found Deceased KY - Chloe Darnell, 4 ( Brittney Slaughter 24, her cousin/guardian, arrested) not seen since Sep 2023, Canada Town, Whitley County

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The body was recovered following a days-long search that consisted of a search of the home where Slaughter and Darnell were believed to have most recently been, including a ground search of the surrounding woods with cadaver dogs.
https://www.thenewsjournal.net/poli...our-year-old-and-custodian-in-whitley-county/

According to a [redacted fundraising site] for Darnell’s funeral expenses, authorities searched the area around the home and located Darnell’s body in a nearby wooded area.
Whitley County woman found, arrested following the discovery of 4-year-old’s body

The body was recovered following a days-long search that consisted of a search of the home where Slaughter and Darnell were believed to have most recently been, including a ground search of the surrounding woods with cadaver dogs.
https://www.thenewsjournal.net/poli...our-year-old-and-custodian-in-whitley-county/

According to a [redacted fundraising site] for Darnell’s funeral expenses, authorities searched the area around the home and located Darnell’s body in a nearby wooded area.
Whitley County woman found, arrested following the discovery of 4-year-old’s body
So damn sad. I can never understand why there's so many other options. Rest in paradise Chloe .

I had been reading about her live-in BF before she and little Chloe was found. I did think there was a possibility he was behind both. I am sad that Brittney chose to be a part of victimizing someone so helpless in her care. Chloe, you deserved love, protection, and a life filled with butterflies and rainbows. I am so sorry sweet girl! R.I. Paradise with so many before you - I hope you are dancing with Caylee, Sky, Wynter, Bella, Kaylee, Autumn, Gannon, Maddox, Zahra, Oaklee... There are sooo many, too many to count.

I thought the body had been found in the woods behind their residence. This report says Chloe was buried in Ridener Cemetery in Whitley county KY? is the residence near that cemetery? or is this report way off?
WATCH | Child’s body found in Kentucky; two arrested on murder charges

Does anyone have the address or general idea where the residence is so I can try to figure this out?

I thought the body had been found in the woods behind their residence. This report says Chloe was buried in Ridener Cemetery in Whitley county KY? is the residence near that cemetery? or is this report way off?

Does anyone have the address or general idea where the residence is so I can try to figure this out?

I have read she was found in the woods behind the house.

The family says Chloe’s body was found in the woods behind their house.

I think it might be bad reporting. In the pictures I have seen online of LE presence, they are not at a cemetery. JMHO

My mama's whole family is from Whitley City - spent many summers running thru the hills & hollers with my cousins. This just breaks my heart. How anyone could possibly harm a child is just beyond my comprehension.

WHITLEY COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) — Amber Morales Lopez can’t help but break down in tears when talking about the murder of her 4-year-old cousin Chloe Darnell, who authorities believe was killed by members of her own family, before being buried in a shallow grave.

Lopez remembers calling Slaughter on November 3 to ask to speak to Chloe via video call.

“I asked her ‘Brittany, where’s Chloe? Let me talk to Chloe,” Lopez said - unable to contain her tears, explaining she was told “she’s in her room, she’s playing.”

Brittany would give excuses like that to everyone, both Lopez and Sheriff Elliotte said. Sometimes Slaughter would say she was doing things like sleeping, taking a bath, or at a birthday party.

Relatives only went to authorities this week when it became clear something was off.

“[It’s] kind of like the Casey Anthony case we had in Florida several years ago where it was the mother kept making excuses where the child was at before the family finally reported it,” Sheriff Elliotte said.

Lopez now accepts that Slaughter had been lying to her the whole time.

WHITLEY CO. , Ky. (WYMT) - Deputies with the Whitley County Sheriff’s Department said they believe they found the body of Chloe Darnel, 4.

In a Facebook post, deputies said initial reports indicated the child may have been missing since September.

“Chloe actually hadn’t been seen for some time and that’s all we knew. Brittany had been seen but there was always an excuse on where Chloe was. She was with somebody here, she was asleep or something,” said Whitley County Sheriff Bill Elliotte.

He said that prompted a family member to call the sheriff’s office to do a welfare check.

Child’s body found in Whitley Co., two arrested
and
2 people charged with murder after missing 4-year-old Kentucky girl's body believed to be found, authorities say

I hope I did this correctly and it's in the correct spot. I did a search for her here in WS and didn't find anything. I did notice that in some news reports her last name is spelled Darnell. I'm not sure which is correct until I do some more searching.

Last edited:

She’s clutching her own daughter tight - unable to let go, thinking about Chloe.

Chloe’s body was discovered around midnight on Friday in the woods beside a cemetery in Kentucky’s Daniel Boone National Forest.

The shallow grave remains unfilled.

“There’s nothing that could be more tragic in my mind,” Elliotte said. “The death of this child, the senseless death of this child.”
'Chloe’s gone': Relatives of murdered 4-year-old Chloe Darnell face unbearable pain

Having read this thread and followed this case, I was very sorry to read about Chloe. This is clearly not the outcome we were all hoping for. My condolences to her family.

I do not know anything about Brittany Slaughter or her BF, other than what I've read in the media reports. Based on LE records, her BF has an obvious criminal history involving drugs and firearms.

Whitley County Detention Center Inmate List

I haven't read media reports about how and why Brittany received custody of Chloe in the first place, but unfortunately, in hindsight that was a very poor decision. It's also unclear how and why Brittany became friends with this man, but ultimately both will have to answer for what happened to Chloe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindzk86
Back