KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE has gone after the person they know for sure they can charge. 38 inconsistencies in testimony is a lot, and they must be able to prove he was not truthful.

If you look at this like they are building something, they are laying a firm foundation to start. Singleton also may be the weakest link as far as he knows information, and may be the first to talk, especially if he is in custody and the Houck brothers do not have access to him to influence what he says.

I think LE has gone after the person they know for sure they can charge. 38 inconsistencies in testimony is a lot, and they must be able to prove he was not truthful.

If you look at this like they are building something, they are laying a firm foundation to start. Singleton also may be the weakest link as far as he knows information, and may be the first to talk, especially if he is in custody and the Houck brothers do not have access to him to influence what he says.
Totally agree.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nelson County Jail Logs–Dec. 16-17, 2015

Editor’s Note: The Nelson County Gazette believes the public has a right to know who has been arrested by local officials and lodged in the Nelson County Jail. The information below is a compiled list of daily booking logs from the jail. The bookings state the person(s) arrested and the charge(s) against them. This information is public record.
Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2015

Thomas Seth Cecil, 19, contempt of court, libel/slander, resistance to order.

Christopher Gabbert, 35, contempt of court, libel/slander, resistance to order.

Krystal Fitzgerald, 30, failure to appear.

Kayla Marie Boone, 26, contempt of court, libel/slander, resistance to order.

Shannon Renae Hykes, 24, theft by unlawful taking or disposition, shoplifting under $500.

Danny Lee Singleton, 52, perjury, first-degree.
Thursday, Dec. 17, 2015

Ronald Lee Stumph, 65, operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol/drugs/etc.

http://nelsoncountygazette.com/?p=27250

What's with all the libel/slander charges in that county ? Do they arrest you for trash talkin' in Nelson County ?

I bet that judge would love to get his hands on some of us sleuthers.............

Are all of those people libeling/slandering the victim? What the heck is going on? It is unreal to think that so many people may have guilty knowledge and won't cooperate, if that is the case. Jmo

http://m.wlky.com/news/rally-underway-to-bring-attention-to-crystal-rogers-disappearance/37008980

Singleton is at the Nelson County jail on a $200,000 bond.

Singleton is due in court Jan. 7 at 9 a.m.

"I let him know that I did think that he did something to my daughter,” Rogers’ mother, Sherry Ballard, said.

Ballard said she recently ran into Houck and said she questioned him about her daughter.

"He didn't have an answer to the questions that I gave him,” Ballard said.

Nelson County Jail Logs–Dec. 16-17, 2015

http://nelsoncountygazette.com/?p=27250

What's with all the libel/slander charges in that county ? Do they arrest you for trash talkin' in Nelson County ?

I bet that judge would love to get his hands on some of us sleuthers.............

I will say this again. The only way for the Rogers family to get things moving and to get answers is by filling a civil suit against the police department since the brother was LE and was probably on duty during certain stages of the probable cover up for his brother.

A civil suit will force LE to provide everything on the officers whereabouts and texts on the days in question. They can also sue hubby as well. Jmo.

I truly think a civil suit against LE will make them accountable for making their former LE employee accountable. Jmo

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...d-perjury-charges-crystal-rogers-case-n481886

More than five months after Kentucky mother Crystal Rogers vanished, police have arrested a man for lying to authorities early on in the investigation.

Danny L. Singleton, reportedly a close friend and longtime employee of Crystal's boyfriend Brooks Houck, is charged with 38 counts of perjury for lying to investigators under oath. Singleton was arrested at his home in Bardstown, Kentucky late Wednesday evening.
[...]
The family also reportedly participated in a rally Thursday morning at the Justice Center in Bardstown to bring attention to Crystal's case and other unsolved murders in the area.

I will say this again. The only way for the Rogers family to get things moving and to get answers is by filling a civil suit against the police department since the brother was LE and was probably on duty during certain stages of the probable cover up for his brother.

A civil suit will force LE to provide everything on the officers whereabouts and texts on the days in question. They can also sue hubby as well. Jmo.

I truly think a civil suit against LE will make them accountable for making their former LE employee accountable. Jmo

The FBI has joined the search for a missing Nelson County mother.

Crystal Rogers hasn't been seen since July.

WHAS TV reports that twelve FBI agents, including a dive team from Florida, searched two Marion County lakes Wednesday, for any clues in the case.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/FBI-joins-search-for-missing-Nelson-County-mother--351616771.html

The guys bolded in red will do all the throat squeezing necessary, down at the local PD, in order to get all the information they need about who did what and when.

We all know the only thing lawsuits do is cause a log jam. Everybody clams up and nobody will comment about a single thing due to the "ongoing litigation". Filing a lawsuit at this point is going to create a complete information black-out and may stall things out all together. It sounds as if they're slowly piecing this puzzle together, at least the feds anyway.

The arrest of Singleton is bound to lead to other developments. At least the wheels are in motion again now, there for awhile it seemed as if the entire case had settled down for a long winters nap.

His response does not sit well with me. I think to put the blame on the public because LE can't solve a case is unprofessional and downright crap. Rumors are always going to happen, especially in a small town. I'd bet money that rumors lead to more arrests in cases like this than cases where no one is talking. I just can't fathom how the public could prevent them from doing their jobs. And to sit there and say that Nick wasn't involved in some kind of cover-up or at least give Brooks a heads up is just more crap. But if he admits Nick knew and was involved, then he admits he let a criminal continue to work at the office. Not exactly a confidence boosting measure.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I need more coffee. But I think if they want the public to solve crime, they maybe should consider paying them to do so, after all, that's what LE's paycheck is for.

When law enforcement is up against a wall we ask the public for help. We are not shy to do so. When we do not have the appropriate evidence that the law requires, we ask for help. We get help on thefts, burglaries, drugs, yet when three high profile, horrible incidents occur everyone becomes "scared to talk" at a time when talking is more important than ever. These families, The Ellis's, Netherlands, and Ballards deserve closure. They deserve it more than we, the police, because they are family. So my challenge extends to those who know what happened is to talk: talk and give these families the closure they are long overdue for. At this point do NOT do it for the police agencies investigating, do it for the families.
http://www.whas11.com/story/news/lo...own-chief-responds-police-criticism/77593788/

Boy, that police chief is an emotional little fella', isn't he ?

I guess that pretty much answers my question up there about what's the deal with all the libel/slander charges ? If you have the nerve to criticize the cops....off to jail you go.

Maybe the police chief is targeting people on social media and charging them for slander.........after reading his angry protest letter, it wouldn't really surprise me much.

What the police chief fails to realize, is that people would talk if they knew anything. Crystals family has put up a huge reward asking for information. A whole lot of people in that town could use the $50 grand, but they don't have any information to share. There is only a couple of people that know what happened to her, and they aren't talking because they are responsible for it. He seems to be implying that half the town knows what happened to her, but nobody is willing to talk.

We have three people here, a police officer, a sheriff candidate, and a handyman, all intertwined together.......and all silent. I don't think anybody else was involved in the scheme, and they didn't bother blabbing to anyone about it either. So far it appears that when they do open their mouths to speak, it's pretty much all lies that come out.

The police chief needs to be aware that this is very similar to coaching a losing football team. The fans have a tendency to turn on you after awhile when you can't win any games. There have been four recent murders in that small town, none of them solved to date. The excuses fall on deaf ears after awhile. Try just solving one murder, and see if your fan base improves, along with their opinion of you as a coach.

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/lo...own-chief-responds-police-criticism/77593788/

Boy, that police chief is an emotional little fella', isn't he ?

I guess that pretty much answers my question up there about what's the deal with all the libel/slander charges ? If you have the nerve to criticize the cops....off to jail you go.

Maybe the police chief is targeting people on social media and charging them for slander.........after reading his angry protest letter, it wouldn't really surprise me much.

What the police chief fails to realize, is that people would talk if they knew anything. Crystals family has put up a huge reward asking for information. A whole lot of people in that town could use the $50 grand, but they don't have any information to share. There is only a couple of people that know what happened to her, and they aren't talking because they are responsible for it. He seems to be implying that half the town knows what happened to her, but nobody is willing to talk.

We have three people here, a police officer, a sheriff candidate, and a handyman, all intertwined together.......and all silent. I don't think anybody else was involved in the scheme, and they didn't bother blabbing to anyone about it either. So far it appears that when they do open their mouths to speak, it's pretty much all lies that come out.

The police chief needs to be aware that this is very similar to coaching a losing football team. The fans have a tendency to turn on you after awhile when you can't win any games. There have been four recent murders in that small town, none of them solved to date. The excuses fall on deaf ears after awhile. Try just solving one murder, and see if your fan base improves, along with their opinion of you as a coach.

Snipped from your link:

"Stop with these rumors because as I said 6 months ago in a letter I put out, it is going to hurt this case because it has already hurt two cases and sadly my words have come true which I wish I were wrong, here we are six months out, another high profile case and because of this conspiracy corruption, rumor mill theory we have three unsolved cases.

I understand there are unsolved cases. Honestly, I do. But blaming the public is not the way to go. Rumors will always fly. Speculation will always be rampant. There will always be conspiracy theories. But to say the people of Bardstown are responsible for keeping these high profile cases from being solved? I think he may be skeered.

Snipped from your link:

"Stop with these rumors because as I said 6 months ago in a letter I put out, it is going to hurt this case because it has already hurt two cases and sadly my words have come true which I wish I were wrong, here we are six months out, another high profile case and because of this conspiracy corruption, rumor mill theory we have three unsolved cases.

I understand there are unsolved cases. Honestly, I do. But blaming the public is not the way to go. Rumors will always fly. Speculation will always be rampant. There will always be conspiracy theories. But to say the people of Bardstown are responsible for keeping these high profile cases from being solved? I think he may be skeered.

Lol. The bartender should have cut off his drinks before letting him type that message. Lol

The mayor or whomever may want to sit the chief down and start drawing up resignation papers. Jmo

His response does not sit well with me. I think to put the blame on the public because LE can't solve a case is unprofessional and downright crap. Rumors are always going to happen, especially in a small town. I'd bet money that rumors lead to more arrests in cases like this than cases where no one is talking. I just can't fathom how the public could prevent them from doing their jobs. And to sit there and say that Nick wasn't involved in some kind of cover-up or at least give Brooks a heads up is just more crap. But if he admits Nick knew and was involved, then he admits he let a criminal continue to work at the office. Not exactly a confidence boosting measure.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I need more coffee. But I think if they want the public to solve crime, they maybe should consider paying them to do so, after all, that's what LE's paycheck is for.

I wonder if he'd like some cheese with that whine.......??
I agree, and this isn't his first crazy "open letter" rant on this case, bashing the public. At the very least, he lacks professionalism.

Lol. The bartender should have cut off his drinks before letting him type that message. Lol

The mayor or whomever may want to sit the chief down and start drawing up resignation papers. Jmo

Or drug dealer, but he'll most likely get some kind of commendation for his statement.

The arrest made for perjury is a smart move. He's the weakest link. It could pay off big time. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth