KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.whas11.com/story/news/local/2015/09/23/police-staying-quiet-officers-suspension/72703042/

The day of officer Houck's suspension on September 9, we were told by Bardstown police that more information on the suspension would be made available after 14 days. 14 days have now passed and*they are still not releasing information, but referring all questions to the Bardstown city attorney.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm almost positive they can't reveal the nature of the suspension until charges are filed or until an investigation of the suspension is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bardstown PD just released a statement saying that the mayor officially suspended NH without pay. I was unaware that the mayor is the only one who can suspend without pay. The Chief of Police can suspend with pay and send a review over to the mayor who makes the final decision. Nothing new around here besides that though. You can see the stately on the PD's fb.

Wow, wasn't he originally suspended with pay? Not looking good for this guy.....

Update:
September 24, 2015
Re: Officer Nick Houck
Officer Nick Houck has been suspended without pay until further notice.
Regards,
John Royalty, Mayor
Chief McCubbin may suspend an officer with pay and suspend police powers, which he did recently however only the mayor can suspend without pay. Mayor Royalty has reviewed the request and made his decision effective today.
At this time there are no other updates that may legally be released. When a decision is determined or adjudicated there will be further updates and releases.

https://www.facebook.com/BardstownPoliceDept?ref=ts&fref=ts

Maybe Houcks presence around the police department was simply getting to be too much of a distraction. I would imagine there is a whole lot of side glances and low-talking going on between other officers. Maybe there were numerous confrontations due to it.

Then again, maybe they're cutting him loose so it will be easier to investigate him. Suspending someone without pay is about the quickest way I know to insure they go find another job elsewhere. It's also more politically correct and friendlier than using the word "fired".

Maybe Houcks presence around the police department was simply getting to be too much of a distraction. I would imagine there is a whole lot of side glances and low-talking going on between other officers. Maybe there were numerous confrontations due to it.

Then again, maybe they're cutting him loose so it will be easier to investigate him. Suspending someone without pay is about the quickest way I know to insure they go find another job elsewhere. It's also more politically correct and friendlier than using the word "fired".
Very good points! If that is the case I wonder what Houck was told for the PD's reason for suspending him.

They probably told him goodbye and don't let the door hit you in the *advertiser censored* on your way out!

Reading upthread he wasn't a model employee!

Update:
September 24, 2015
Re: Officer Nick Houck
Officer Nick Houck has been suspended without pay until further notice.
Regards,
John Royalty, Mayor
Chief McCubbin may suspend an officer with pay and suspend police powers, which he did recently however only the mayor can suspend without pay. Mayor Royalty has reviewed the request and made his decision effective today.
At this time there are no other updates that may legally be released. When a decision is determined or adjudicated there will be further updates and releases.

https://www.facebook.com/BardstownPoliceDept?ref=ts&fref=ts

As of this morning, 81 people "liked" this post about his suspension without pay.

I just want this to signal that they're moving forward in this case. I'm sad that we haven't heard anything new about the investigation or searches for her. Does anyone know if searches are still being done?

As of this morning, 81 people "liked" this post about his suspension without pay.

I just want this to signal that they're moving forward in this case. I'm sad that we haven't heard anything new about the investigation or searches for her. Does anyone know if searches are still being done?

Yes, the searches are still ongoing.

Because of the way crystals vehicle was found at the side of the highway, when the Neal Falls case broke open, I posted here that I was concerned that falls was the type that may have have impersonated a police officer to pull her over. Yet, so far no evidence of that has been found. However, the following news article has just come out about a very scary guy that has had activity in Ohio AND Kentucky who apparently has the M.O. of pulling over people with a portable police light. I would hate for LE in Crystals case to so narrowly focus their investigation in crystals case and not take the time to see if this guy is connected to her case. It's only 113 miles from Crittenden to Bardstown. Apparently this guy has no problem traveling.

http://www.fox19.com/story/30119225/documents-reveal-suspect-motive-in-brittany-stykes-murder

Edited to add: he should also be looked at in the Chillicothe AND Fairfield cases IMO.

Because of the way crystals vehicle was found at the side of the highway, when the Neal Falls case broke open, I posted here that I was concerned that falls was the type that may have have impersonated a police officer to pull her over. Yet, so far no evidence of that has been found. However, the following news article has just come out about a very scary guy that has had activity in Ohio AND Kentucky who apparently has the M.O. of pulling over people with a portable police light. I would hate for LE in Crystals case to so narrowly focus their investigation in crystals case and not take the time to see if this guy is connected to her case. It's only 113 miles from Crittenden to Bardstown. Apparently this guy has no problem traveling.

http://www.fox19.com/story/30119225/documents-reveal-suspect-motive-in-brittany-stykes-murder

Edited to add: he should also be looked at in the Chillicothe AND Fairfield cases IMO.
This piqued my interest as well!

I'm more curious why the all the murders everywhere aren't solved? Is it because of LE, or everyone else? If everyone that witnessed a crime would let anyone else know what was going on, what would happen? Regardless of whom ever it is.

I think the ppl that do these crimes know now to keep their traps shut they get away with it.
Not many anymore admit to it or tell where they left the bodies.

My thinking is if a stranger did these crimes the bodies are usually found. Left along the side of the road or carelessly left to be found , loved ones hide their victims and are harder to find.
All JMO

Her family still go out looking most weekends also. Hunting season is coming up and I've seen a couple plays to the public to keep an eye out in the woods. It makes me sad that they have to ask for something like that.

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WDRB) -- She disappeared almost three months ago and Crystal Rogers' family is still working everyday to find her.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30165890/nearly-three-months-after-her-disappearance-crystal-rogers-family-is-still-searching

From the above link:

Judy McKee and Tammy Finci were there with their dogs from Florida to help.

"This is the furthest that we've gone," Finci said about the organization, 'Bring Them Home' search and rescue.

The dogs are trained to find human remains.

"Usually, we don't get that close to the families. Usually, we work primarily with law enforcement. This has been an exception," Finci said. "They've become our second family and we'll keep returning until they don't need us anymore."

While this is heartbreaking, it's also heartwarming to see Crystal's parents have found some professional searchers who are dedicated to helping them find their daughter. I hope they are successful and can help this family find some closure.

Check out whas11 they have the story and at the end they have documents from the hearing.

Her family still go out looking most weekends also. Hunting season is coming up and I've seen a couple plays to the public to keep an eye out in the woods. It makes me sad that they have to ask for something like that.

They should have started hunting season earlier just in case it could have helped with more hunters being out there. But maybe its they call it hunting season because the animals only migrate there during that time of the year.

So forgive me if my comment sounds a little idiotic. Lol. Iam not a hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn