KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember either a podcast or a TV documentary where they interviewed a woman (or man) who had seen a car that matched the Hauck's grandmother's car at the scene of where Crystal's car was found? The interview had to be done hiding the identity of that person since he or she did not want to be revealed. She was scared to death about being found out.

i think that may have been on the oxygen series they did. I don’t remember which episode number it was though.

i was wondering if it was maybe from the day Tommy was killed but I wish I could see the actual trees better. They look too full and green for it to be in November. It’s too hard to see though to be for sure so it might even be my eyes playing tricks on me. I also remember it being rainy the weekend Crystal went missing, specifically that night. It was that really annoying misty rain we get sometimes bc I remember driving to my parents lake house in it. It didn’t rain the entire time though. When I drove back home that Sunday, it was hot and sunny and I remember seeing a TON of cruisers on the side of the BG walking up and down the shoulder. I thought maybe there had been a chase or something. I didn’t even realize what I had driven past until later that night when I saw a bunch of posts that people had been sharing about her being missing.

I also don’t remember it being rainy the morning Tommy was shot but it may have been really early before I woke up. We were celebrating Thanksgiving a wk early with part of my family and I just remember it was pretty cold. We had a stretch of really warm weather that November and then it seems like that morning was the first day it actually felt like fall.

Agreed re wishing the pictures showed the trees a bit clearer. There appears to be some foliage on the tree in foreground, but even that is a bit fuzzy.

Regarding weather the day Tommy was shot (11/19/16), I found archived climate data from the National Weather Service (linked below). Louisville’s airport recorded 0.19 inches of rain on the 19th (other reporting stations in KY recorded some rain that day as well). So not a washout by any means, and not sure what times rain was falling, but some rain fell that day. https://w2.weather.gov/climate/getclimate.php?wfo=lmk

New to the discussion here. Some thoughts from surveillance camera images of vehicles.

Regarding the picture date/time stamped 7/4/15 at about 3:42 a.m., from looking at aerials and video footage of the area of the Houck Farm, that picture appears to have been taken from camera at back of the house located at the corner of Balltown Road and Paschal Ballard Road (camera faces back towards out building with garage doors and Paschal Ballard Road). So it appears to capture image of a car on Paschal Ballard Road just before it exits onto Balltown Road. In other words, that car was leaving the area of the Houck farm. Paschal Ballard Road dead ends into their farm, so obviously should not be much traffic at any time, much less at that hour. I believe there may have been only one house back from where that car was coming from at the time (Brooks’ mother’s House). All one can see in the image are headlights and taillights, so not sure if the experts have any means of identifying or eliminating certain makes and models with that type of image at night.

The other picture is very interesting to me as well. That image was apparently captured from a surveillance camera on the front of the Heaven Hill Distilleries building on Loretta Road. That location is not near the Houck farm. Curiously, the FBI did not provide the date and time of that picture. Picture quality is not great, so it’s is tough to say exactly what time of year that image was captured. If I head to guess, I would say the picture was not taken in the summer (tree line off far in the distance does not appear to be fully leafed). It was a rainy day in that picture. I believe it was raining the day Tommy Ballard was shot on November 19, 2016. The location of that camera is not terribly far from where Tommy Ballard was shot, and Loretta Road would be one of several conceivable “getaway route” for Tommy’s shooter. I can’t help but wonder if that picture might relate to the Tommy Ballard case - By not providing a particular date or range of dates, and not specifying whether they are interested in the white or red SUV, I am not sure the authorities can reasonably expect the public to offer helpful information regarding who was driving those cars. Seems like this could be an example of the FBI releasing that photo to send a message of sorts that they have more than certain suspects might expect, for the purpose of applying pressure.

By the way, the FBI task force released those photos on the task force website at least a day before any media outlets reported on same. Hopefully more info will be made available on that website.

Welcome to Websleuths, Fletch.

Thanks for your excellent sleuthing on the photo locations, I have added them to the map.

Shay McAlister 17h

SHARE!
1f6a8.png

Today the FBI released new pictures showing a vehicle of interest in Crystal Rogers’ case- they say they want to know more about the driver. The red SUV shown below was seen driving near My Old Kentucky Home campground in Bardstown. The second picture was taken near Paschal Ballard Road at 3:45 a.m. on July 4, 2015 (the night Crystal went missing).
Any information about these vehicles should be reported to 1-800-CALL-FBI.

=AZWQ42mmDkkx9bTjaeRajYhziXNK37pVKB6f02otyyMsHOooxHVR-8hTD65m9VOwddHZcAj7E7ySx55qGa3ruw-shagVOaShBnHiHupMB8HvJlydhzeXw3V9bZXGoKSamcJRYkMiZ6yHxEd89tCDjiw3xfNBXdr6Zx1dHQRtUHP0gg&__tn__=*bH-R']
=AZWQ42mmDkkx9bTjaeRajYhziXNK37pVKB6f02otyyMsHOooxHVR-8hTD65m9VOwddHZcAj7E7ySx55qGa3ruw-shagVOaShBnHiHupMB8HvJlydhzeXw3V9bZXGoKSamcJRYkMiZ6yHxEd89tCDjiw3xfNBXdr6Zx1dHQRtUHP0gg&__tn__=*bH-R']

Agreed re wishing the pictures showed the trees a bit clearer. There appears to be some foliage on the tree in foreground, but even that is a bit fuzzy.

Regarding weather the day Tommy was shot (11/19/16), I found archived climate data from the National Weather Service (linked below). Louisville’s airport recorded 0.19 inches of rain on the 19th (other reporting stations in KY recorded some rain that day as well). So not a washout by any means, and not sure what times rain was falling, but some rain fell that day. https://w2.weather.gov/climate/getclimate.php?wfo=lmk

The only issue I have with the report is that it can be raining in Louisville all day and the opposite in Bardstown. There may have been a frost that morning, but I don’t remember rain and I had to take the BG out to Hodgenville pretty early that day.

@watergirl62 Are you using Anna Whiteside’s address for Nick’s house? He moved out of his house shortly after Crystal’s disappearance but he hasn’t always lived at his gma’s house.

Okay.... just to keep my notes straight - who is Anna Whiteside? Here's what I have for the search warrants served - incorrect on the grandmother below??

And as of this morning (8/6/20) more than 150 state & federal law enforcement officers connected to the case have started to execute nine federal search warrants & will be conducting more than 50 interviews in Bardstown, Kentucky. Police arrived & served search warrants at Brooks Houck's home about 5:45am & put up tape. His brother Nick Houck's (former Bardstown Police officer) home & the family farm (their grandmother, Rosemary Houck's home).

TIA!

Okay.... just to keep my notes straight - who is Anna Whiteside? Here's what I have for the search warrants served - incorrect on the grandmother below??

And as of this morning (8/6/20) more than 150 state & federal law enforcement officers connected to the case have started to execute nine federal search warrants & will be conducting more than 50 interviews in Bardstown, Kentucky. Police arrived & served search warrants at Brooks Houck's home about 5:45am & put up tape. His brother Nick Houck's (former Bardstown Police officer) home & the family farm (their grandmother, Rosemary Houck's home).

TIA!

she’s the other grandma who had the white Buick but sold it before they realized it was important. She invoked her 5th amendment right when she was questioned. Nick moved in with her not long after every thing went down. Her residence has been searched multiple times. It had tape all around it the other morning. According to one of the reporters, crystals brother, uncles and grandpa were standing over at the cemetery that day watching as the FBI were going in and out of the house.

Prime suspect's grandmother in Crystal Rogers' disappearance refuses to testify

The only issue I have with the report is that it can be raining in Louisville all day and the opposite in Bardstown. There may have been a frost that morning, but I don’t remember rain and I had to take the BG out to Hodgenville pretty early that day.

The picture in question may very well been from another date. It was certainly raining in early July of 2015, so the photograph could have been from that time frame. I looked up weather data on kymesonet.org, which has weather reporting stations in counties throughout the state. Although they do not have a station in Nelson County, there are stations (and therefore data for) Larue County, (northern) Marion County, Bullitt County, and Mercer County, among many others. Each of those stations recorded no less than a tenth of an inch of rainfall on 11/19/16 . Again, not saying it was raining during any particular time frame that calendar day, but it looks very likely at least some rain fell at some point that day. From a street level view of the front of the Heaven Hill building, there has been a decorative fence added since the picture was taken (stone columns with black board fencing between). I do not live in Bardstown - any of you from Nelson County recall roughly when that fence was added?

I do find it odd that the FBI did not confirm the date of that picture. From the FBI Louisville's tweet late yesterday, I would not be surprised if they continue to periodically release odds and ends types of evidence/details on the task force website.

No idea... I am using the house that was searched last week. Is that incorrect?

That’s where he currently lives with his gma, Anna Whiteside’s. She’s the one who had the Buick but sold it to a dealership in Louisville before it popped up on LE’s radar. She was called up to testify at one point but invoked her fifth amendment right. When Crystal first went missing though, that’s not where Nick was living.

That’s where he currently lives with his gma, Anna Whiteside’s. She’s the one who had the Buick but sold it to a dealership in Louisville before it popped up on LE’s radar. She was called up to testify at one point but invoked her fifth amendment right. When Crystal first went missing though, that’s not where Nick was living.

Thanks for explaining, jULIA_bEE.
If you cant tell me his old address, I will add it and fix the existing label to clarify.

The picture in question may very well been from another date. It was certainly raining in early July of 2015, so the photograph could have been from that time frame. I looked up weather data on kymesonet.org, which has weather reporting stations in counties throughout the state. Although they do not have a station in Nelson County, there are stations (and therefore data for) Larue County, (northern) Marion County, Bullitt County, and Mercer County, among many others. Each of those stations recorded no less than a tenth of an inch of rainfall on 11/19/16 . Again, not saying it was raining during any particular time frame that calendar day, but it looks very likely at least some rain fell at some point that day. From a street level view of the front of the Heaven Hill building, there has been a decorative fence added since the picture was taken (stone columns with black board fencing between). I do not live in Bardstown - any of you from Nelson County recall roughly when that fence was added?

I do find it odd that the FBI did not confirm the date of that picture. From the FBI Louisville's tweet late yesterday, I would not be surprised if they continue to periodically release odds and ends types of evidence/details on the task force website.

i think it was towards the end of 2018 when they announced the plan to expand and renovate the visitors center. It took about a year to finish the first phase and they’ve started the second one. I don’t remember exactly when it went up though bc I don’t ever really drive past it.

I believe search warrants have to be specific areas - whether it be the whole house, or certain personal items IN the house - it's all how the warrant is worded. Maybe they played it safe, and the additional 4 could be - outdoor items, like sheds, garages, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow