KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles *FOUND DECEASED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Law enforcement continue to search for suspect Joseph Couch in connection with a Saturday shooting on Interstate 75 in London, Kentucky, that left five people injured.

On Sunday, officials confirmed Couch was formerly in the National Guard and that he purchased a gun and ammunition Saturday morning, prior to the shooting.

Officials say they found the gun and Couch's car in the vicinity of the shooting and believe he is contained to a wooded area near the interstate.

Sep 9, 2024

9:30 a.m. update: Schools in and around Laurel County cancel classes​

Laurel County Public Schools announced a closure for Monday at around 6 p.m. Sunday, with many surrounding schools following suit. Other schools that canceled classes include:

I will be going to the eye doctor this afternoon. Makes me think twice about getting out on the roads. Boy do i wish people could stop the hate and insanity. Kentucky is a wonderful State. This is such a shame.
If it makes you feel any better, you're overwhelmingly more likely to be killed in a car crash than by a sniper's bullet.

Delayed Reaction? Location of Damage to Vehicle?

@IceIce9 Good point.
I wonder whether the rounds hit victims & vehicles thru side window, windshield, door, or roof.
Yes, I see a delay in realizing what happened could depend on where the vehicle damage was and how serious the personal injury was.

Many years ago on a four lane divided highway w little traffic, I was driving along w no worries, all of a sudden, BAM.
Something exploded & hit me in my shoulder in driver's seat, leaving broken glass over front seats (and me).
I thought it was a bullet until realizing it was a marble sized piece of gravel that had been thrown thru the passenger SIDE window by a highway dept. tractor mowing down in the ditch.

If it had come thru the WINDSHIELD, I probably would have immediately thought gravel was thrown from in front of me, but there was no vehicle close enough to have caused that.
Just last month I was in a construction zone where speeds were greatly reduced. Because we were going so slowly I clearly saw the car in front of me throw up a small rock that hit my windshield. It left a round crack that looked just like a bullet hole.

Even if I hadn’t seen the rock I wouldn’t have thought “bullet” but the next time it happens I might.

He did have a page, posted upthread earlier by @MassGuy I believe. Probably in the first few pages of this thread, right after his identity was released the first night.
Yes, I found the post, thanks.
It's been taken down by family or friends, I'd assume ?
Didn't sound like he made many posts or updates.
Omo.

I wasn’t sure if a heat-seeking infrared drone could also locate a body, if he dies and is no longer emitting heat.

This forensic site has information about that.

So much I don’t know about forensics!
It's reminding me of when Brian Laundrie went off into the swamp and they tried to locate his body the same way.

If it makes you feel any better, you're overwhelmingly more likely to be killed in a car crash than by a sniper's bullet.
No kidding! At my age I’m more likely to just not wake up. Ha! No fear about that. I am ready. Still, getting on the road makes me uneasy. But here I go. Thanks MassGuy.

SEP 9, 2024
The Laurel County Sheriff’s Office released the names of the five victims.
<modsnip for copyright - (only 10% of the article can be posted) - find the names at the link>

Last edited by a moderator:
So he has more than one AR-15? Or this one belonged to someone else...?

SEP 9, 2024
On Monday, ABC News reported Couch was arrested in 2023 and charged with making terroristic threats -- a misdemeanor -- in Knox County. He allegedly pointed an AR-15 at someone in that incident.

SEP 9, 2024
On Monday, ABC News reported Couch was arrested in 2023 and charged with making terroristic threats -- a misdemeanor -- in Knox County. He allegedly pointed an AR-15 at someone in that incident.
Dammit, I saw "On Monday, ABC News reported Couch was arrested" and I gasped out loud, and then I kept reading and went "awww bummer"

SEP 9, 2024
There we go. If he pointed an AR-15 at someone in 2023 that means he had one before he bought one recently.

Sorry if bringing up a point that's already been sliced & diced.

Headline* from last night:
".... Officials said that nothing in his criminal history suggested anything like this would happen."

Sooo no hints, no clues, nothing at all? Officials said that?

Next sentence:
"A terroristic threatening charge against Couch was dismissed."

Sooo, officials glossed over his ARREST history?
Or did officials say, none of his criminal CONVICTIONS suggested....
Did presser(s?) show exactly who said this? I did not see, so IDK.

Regardless, a terrifying situation. Hoping when perp is located, his actions will become part of his criminal conviction history.

IMOO, the U.S. Marshalls are involved. They'll get their man, just maybe not as quickly as everyone would like.

Dammit, I saw "On Monday, ABC News reported Couch was arrested" and I gasped out loud, and then I kept reading and went "awww bummer"

Yes ! The same here.
Still wanting this to all go down, like today.
With no one else hurt or worse.

There we go. If he pointed an AR-15 at someone in 2023 that means he had one before he bought one recently.

Eeek.
"Armed to the teeth", as the saying goes ?
Curious if this is mental issues or an injustice collector who was fairly competent in life as long as things went his way ?
Omo.

He texted his ex-wife at 5:03 p.m. and she contacted police.

SEP 9, 2024
Shortly before opening fire on unsuspecting travelers on Interstate 75, Joseph Couch sent a chilling text to his ex-wife pledging, “I’m going to kill a lot of people.”

<modsnip for copyright - (only 10% of the article can be posted - see link>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89