KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles *FOUND DECEASED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The video I saw described the decomposition of the body but did not show anything graphic at all.

It does seem to me that LE officers were breaking their backs trying to hunt down this man. There may be several good reasons why they missed this body, which I feel fairly certain now will be Couch.

Last week, someone on CNN said it may come down to buzzards circling the area, which turned out to be true, whether this is Couch or not. IIRC it was John Miller who IMO is almost always right about LE situations.

JMO
I've seen the full video and there's not much to see as its so grainy. It appears the upper body has decomposed/been consumed, and the lower body is clothed in boots and jeans. And yes, it was John Miller and he really is always right. He's my favorite person to quote about any event.

Oh my gosh.
No wonder he wasn't found earlier. I wanted to see the terrain so I watched the hikers' entire you tube.
Talk about rough terrain, nearly impenetrable. The guy was using a machete to get through areas.
They found him.
I think they deserve the reward.
They absolutely do. Although the search was dramatically scaled back, it would have likely wound up costing a great deal more in comparison to any reward money.

His body could have laid there for years, or never been discovered once the animals scattered everything.

WYMT-TV has reported that a news briefing will be held at 8:30 pm tonight after a body was found in the vicinity of Exit 49 off I-75.

WYMT will have the news briefing live on WYMT, WYMT.com, WYMT app, and on Facebook live.

I do know that WYMT has a YouTube channel and it may also carry the news briefing live on their YouTube channel.

Source:

Officials To Hold News Briefing After Body Found

BREAKING: Newly-obtained video shows two hikers from the Hatfield and McCoy Museum finding the body discovered near the scene of the I-75 shooting. Officials have not confirmed if this body belongs to suspected gunman Joseph Couch.
@wave3news

@wardjolles

This is an EDITED video from a live stream taken a few hours ago. We do NOT show the body, as it is graphic. From the video, it seems that most of the upper half of the body is missing. A DNA sample is being rushed to the state medical examiner's office for identification.

6:04 PM · Sep 18, 2024

Last edited:
That presser rubbed me all sorts of wrong. Ok, State Police officers were in the vicinity at the time, and they had made contact with the couple who found them. The way that was sold to us though, was that it was some sort of mutual thing, where that couple and police found him together. I didn't see that at all in the video that couple took.

This whole thing could have been done via press release, but I think they felt they needed a press conference because of the criticism at not finding him sooner (not that I blame them with that terrain).

That presser rubbed me all sorts of wrong. Ok, State Police officers were in the vicinity at the time, and they had made contact with the couple who found them. The way that was sold to us though, was that it was some sort of mutual thing, where that couple and police found him together. I didn't see that at all in the video that couple took.

This whole thing could have been done via press release, but I think they felt they needed a press conference because of the criticism at not finding him sooner (not that I blame them with that terrain).
Trying to get out of reward money?

I agree. That couple were searching for 6 days. And I think it was them who spotted the buzzards first, hence their search. I don't know if the troopers were in the vicinity more than the last day. And finally it was the hikers who actually located the body, led by the nose of Sheila principally. Give credit where credit is due.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457
Back