Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was wearing red sweatpants, and IMO rescuers took them off to check for injuries. I think he looks just right!
You can see his shirt laying behind him and he appears to be sitting on his pant. I truly still believe, since Day 1 that he was lost in the woods. I am very curious to see his path of travel and where he was found. Never under estimate the power of a lively toddler!

Wow that's amazing news. Hope they get some food to this little guy quick. Now might be the parents best opportunity to get him to eat some veggies.

I think he’ll get junk food, lol, if he requests such!
Hopefully he’s asking (or demanding) candy, ice cream, fries, cheeseburgers. They need to get him a puppy, maybe of the blood hound variet. Or, better yet, an Australian Shepherd that will herd him. Moo

Update: Missing Magoffin County toddler found dehydrated, but alive

Magoffin County Sheriff Department
42 minutes ago
The Magoffin County Sheriff’s Office is happy to confirm the reports that Kenneth Howard has been FOUND !!!
According to Captain Carter Conley of the Magoffin Co Rescue Squad, he is alive, he is being attended by medics for dehydration, but is in remarkably good condition. Thanks to all who prayed, searched and helped in any way!! This is the best news ever !!!

So they had sent a search crew into Floyd County this morning and my husband was a couple of hundred yards away when they found him right over the county line. There are lots of old strip mines in that area (all over Floyd County, actually). He said it appears that he was there on his own and, in his opinion, it looked like he had been outside the entire time. In other words, it's his opinion that Kenneth has been wandering around and not that someone freaked out and just dropped him off in a place where he would be found (that was one of my thoughts). The searchers are all pretty stunned. They said he was tired, cranky, and dirty but that he seemed to be mostly okay. They were worried about hypothermia and dehydration. The searchers went in this morning thinking that it would be a recovery and not a rescue so...yay.

I don't know how much I'm allowed to say when it comes to what the rescuers did or didn't do after they found him. He was definitely being tended to while they waited for the ambulance to arrive, though. People were there with blankets, pull-ups, and water.

Thank you for the update. My heart is over joyed!!!!!

But most of all please thank your husband for giving his time to look for this child!!!!! I am so happy he was near when Kenneth was found!!!! I can not imagine how your husband must feel!!!

Time to celebrate!!!!

You can see his shirt laying behind him and he appears to be sitting on his pant. I truly still believe, since Day 1 that he was lost in the woods. I am very curious to see his path of travel and where he was found. Never under estimate the power of a lively toddler!

Goodness gracious! That was one scary adventure.

Also, would be pretty brazen for someone to risk dropping him off in an area that was being searched. This is a miracle and nothing more. JMO

Lucky that he's alive, but those of us who have had loved ones out there in the cold and rain since Sunday also give credit to the searchers. That terrain is not easy. My husband went back out early this morning before daylight and was helping to coordinate the equine searchers. He's still walking on a swollen, twisted ankle that he got the other day when he was in Gunlock. Many of the other searchers have also had minor injuries from the slick mountainsides that they've been going up and down. One had a car wreck leaving the area. This is the 6th search he's been a part of since November and those who work with them are definitely not in it for the money-many don't get paid at all. It might be a miracle, but finding him was also the product of a lot of people from that community coming together and working really hard.

FWIW, I didn't think they'd find him alive. I didn't think he was in the woods at all. I don't mind admitting that I was wrong. I've seen enough of these, however, to know how they usually end. Glad this one had a better ending that most.

Lucky that he's alive, but those of us who have had loved ones out there in the cold and rain since Sunday also give credit to the searchers. That terrain is not easy. My husband went back out early this morning before daylight and was helping to coordinate the equine searchers. He's still walking on a swollen, twisted ankle that he got the other day when he was in Gunlock. Many of the other searchers have also had minor injuries from the slick mountainsides that they've been going up and down. One had a car wreck leaving the area. This is the 6th search he's been a part of since November and those who work with them are definitely not in it for the money-many don't get paid at all. It might be a miracle, but finding him was also the product of a lot of people from that community coming together and working really hard.

FWIW, I didn't think they'd find him alive. I didn't think he was in the woods at all. I don't mind admitting that I was wrong. I've seen enough of these, however, to know how they usually end. Glad this one had a better ending that most.
Please tell your husband thank you so much :)
It's because of people like him we do get to see people found alive and we need these stories :)

Thank you for the update. My heart is over joyed!!!!!

But most of all please thank your husband for giving his time to look for this child!!!!! I am so happy he was near when Kenneth was found!!!! I can not imagine how your husband must feel!!!

Time to celebrate!!!!

On his way home he got a call about missing hikers in the Gorge (the second set in less than 3 weeks and it's not summer yet). Red River Gorge is his main area so he's trying to decide if he should head there now instead of coming home. He will stay out until someone makes him leave.

The kids get to him the most. He's also a college professor over at EKU and he will end class early if he gets a call about a child. Since our son died, he's pretty much gone into overdrive when it comes to other people's children and helping them. I'm really glad Kenneth was found. I've seen what happens to these guys when the ending is not happy. They take it personally and it never leaves them.

Oh I can't stop crying now.... Just saw sm picture of KH in the back seat of a 4wd with is family holding him....

OMG!!!!

Here’s the photo of him being brought down the hill. (This was posted by a Sayersville Independent newspaper reporter)

Ritter Mortimer

Attachments

• 0ADAB561-EDCD-43B9-907E-6FF6208CFB3D.jpeg
    0ADAB561-EDCD-43B9-907E-6FF6208CFB3D.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 142

I never lost faith that the locals would find him, if he was out there!!! And, I too, was losing faith he would be found alive.

Please, lets all keep the rescuers who gave their time, incurred injury, prayed, worried, never gave up and lost many sleepless nights to save KH in your thoughts and prayers !!!!

They are the HEROS!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lorenna