GUILTY KY - Paige Johnson, 17, found deceased, Florence, 23 Sept 2010 *arrest in 2020*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police said the last person to see Paige was Jacob Bumpass. He has not been named as a suspect.

Bumpass told investigators he dropped Paige off in Covington that night but police said his cell phone pinged off of a tower near East Fork Lake.

Investigators said Paige's remains were found about 1 1/2 miles from that tower.

Remains of Paige Johnson found nearly 10 years after her disappearance

Did I just read in that link correctly?? A burned skull???

Hoping for an arrest very soon!

Well, she certainly didn't find her way there herself and burn her own skull. Who was the last person to be with her? Occam's Razor says.....he did it. I mean, obviously. Maybe with help. His free days are numbered, I hope.

Very strong circumstantial evidence and people have definitely been convicted on circumstantial evidence. I predict an arrest on a charge of first degree murder then a plea bargain down to maybe just abuse of a corpse with the maximum sentence. I doubt he'll spend much more than ten years in prison which is a shame.

Very strong circumstantial evidence and people have definitely been convicted on circumstantial evidence. I predict an arrest on a charge of first degree murder then a plea bargain down to maybe just abuse of a corpse with the maximum sentence. I doubt he'll spend much more than ten years in prison which is a shame.

As much as I'd hate it for her family, who really wants to believe she just overdosed, I kinda hope she had some sort of massive head injury to prove murder. :(

Join us on Websleuths YouTube live stream.

We are live every night starting at 10:00 PM Eastern. We'll discuss the sad news of the discovery of Paige's body and a lot more.

Our chat room is a great place to hang out and meet others like you who are interested in true crime and who enjoy Websleuths too.

CLICK HERE TONIGHT AT 10:00 PM EASTERN FOR WEBSLEUTHS YOUTUBE LIVE

After this much time plus being burned I don't know if they could determine for sure if even something like that was postmortem or not.
Why would anyone cause severe blunt force trauma on someone who is already dead?
(no snark intended, I may have misunderstood your post.)

However she died, I hope it was quick, and I hope there will be enough evidence for an arrest.

Why would anyone cause severe blunt force trauma on someone who is already dead?
(no snark intended, I may have misunderstood your post.)

However she died, I hope it was quick, and I hope there will be enough evidence for an arrest.
Trying to further break down partially cremated remains, animal activity, accidental impact from hunters' ATVs, adolescent vandalism... Probably lots more.

WILLIAMSBURG TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WKRC) - Detectives and volunteer searchers returned Thursday to a wooded area off of Marsh Road where a man found the remains of missing Northern Kentucky teenager, Paige Johnson.

Officials said more remains had been recovered, but some of the bones discovered may be animal bones. Paige’s remains were identified Tuesday using dental records at the Hamilton County Coroner’s Office.

Dave Rader of the Ohio chapter of Texas Equusearch and his team participated in the search of the area. He said trying to find bones in that area is challenging.

“There’s a lot of vegetation, and it’s very muddy,” Rader said. “It’s swamp-like. I mean, it’s just a nasty area for these guys to go through. The chainsaws we had to cut our way through to do the grid patterns...but we’re making progress.
Detectives return to Mathis Road to search for clues in Paige Johnson's death

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
This is Mathis Road just two miles NE of East Fork State Park and at the NW edge of Williamsburg OH.
If this is the correct location then its definitely not what I expected....being right next to the highway I mean.
Its hard to imagine someone burning a body there without being noticed.

Looking back at page 34 on this thread there's mention of a Nov. 10, 2010 emergency run to a certain POI's brother's house on report of illegal burning during a period of time in which a "burn ban" was in place due to drought....interesting...many interesting things in that post.

One thing learned from this location is it's correlation to the mentioned cell phone tower. The massive search in the state park several years ago and this location are both within a 3 mile radius of the tower. Reminds me of lessons learned from the Holly Bobo case and the testimony from an expert witness on the science of cell tower signal
reception....very useful info to have when searching.
And like other cases, I have once again given the perp way to much credit (imo) in searching for their disposal site...but then 9 1/2 yrs is a long time. I was about 6 miles off on this one. All the time looking at maps...if i never noticed this little woods...it would just seem too obvious. But maybe to a drunk and drugged up jackass...it was perfect.

Not sure how I ended up there but does anyone think there are similarities between Paige johnson and jade humball? I may have read it hear in earlier posts so if already discussed please delete. I was digging and found an article about a man named arkin. Just thought maybe connections?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab
Back