Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also confused about the purse situation. Could someone explain this to me? Maybe I haven't read the correct msm articles yet so I'm behind.
I thought they said they found her purse in the her car ( her mother's car)
Was there two separate purses?
The security footage shows SS carrying a crossbody style purse. Did she have two purses with her that night?
If not, that would suggest that they stopped by her car and she left the purse in it before heading to the home or that could also mean someone placed that purse inside of her car at some point during the night/ morning hours.
Fwiw I understand it's technically her mother's car but it's just easier to refer to it as her car right now.
I'm hoping someone could clear this up for me as I'm not understanding. Thanks

I'm going with the direct quote from Lt. Col. Rodney Richardson (Richmond PD).
[“We know when she left the bar, she ended up in a residence in Garrard county,” Richardson explained, but said they had not found her phone or any other evidence of her in their investigation. Her purse was found in her vehicle in Lexington, but Richardson told Radar exclusively the cross-body bag she was wearing in the surveillance {} video had not been found.] The source isn't always reliable but it is a direct quote from the named officer and it makes sense.
Missing Kentucky Mom: Cops 'Worried' For Her Life After She Went To A Home With 3 Men

A bloodhound might be dif.
I believe in tracking dogs & love seeing them used for SAR.
However, I think they have limitations.
The weather we’ve experienced has got to have some effect, imo.

"Our Team in Kentucky is down this morning, K9 Pepper was injured yesterday. The injury isn't bad. She will she a Vet today and should be back in service tomorrow. Injuries like she received is common in our line of work, our K9's typically walk several miles a day in all types of terrain. Pepper is a special girl and loves to work. A day off for her will hurt her more than her foot does. She will just get a little extra snuggle time with her dad today.— with Toney Wade."

51400234_782068565460377_8322901837959135232_n.jpg

Cajun Coast Search & Rescue Team
Awe, poor Pepper. I hope she's not injured too badly. Bless their hearts, for all that they do during searches. I hope she gets a nice steak dinner or a special treat- she deserves to be pampered and spoiled while recovering!

I'm still wondering about the dogs and their tracking skills. I looked it up earlier and made a couple of posts about finding a bloodhound can track a scent up to 300 hours old.

After reading the recent post about the dog hurting her foot I looked again.

This info seems correct to me and all dogs are different but it does sound like the majority, if not all dogs, can not successfully track a scent that is weeks or months old.

Still wondering if it's been too long for these dogs to have success tracking for Savannah, I hope not.

https://www.caninetrainingacademy.com/ctaarticle1
Cadaver dogs can pickup the scent for years. It permeates into whatever came in contact.

I'm going with the direct quote from Lt. Col. Rodney Richardson (Richmond PD).
[“We know when she left the bar, she ended up in a residence in Garrard county,” Richardson explained, but said they had not found her phone or any other evidence of her in their investigation. Her purse was found in her vehicle in Lexington, but Richardson told Radar exclusively the cross-body bag she was wearing in the surveillance {} video had not been found.] The source isn't always reliable but it is a direct quote from the named officer and it makes sense.
Missing Kentucky Mom: Cops 'Worried' For Her Life After She Went To A Home With 3 Men

Richardson also said this

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Spurlock reported left in a car with two men, while the third man followed them in a different car.

“We know that she ended up at a home in Garrard County some time after leaving the bar with these three men,” Richardson said. “They did not know Savannah prior to meeting her at the bar.”

Authorities confirmed they have evidence to suggest Spurlock went to the home, but nothing to show she ever left. Her phone was turned off around 8:30 a.m. the following morning, according to police. The men reportedly told police that Spurlock left the home by foot and they haven’t seen or heard from her since.

“We were told that she left that location. That’s just something we can’t confirm right now,” Richardson added. “So we’re looking for any information in regards to that. If somebody saw something, saw her, saw anything, just to let us know.”

Richardson said the car Spurlock drove to the bar on January 4 was located in Lexington with her purse and coat inside. Her cellphone has not been found. Surveillance footage captured on the night in question showed Savannah holding her purse while walking with the men. However, she may have put her purse in her car before leaving with them.

“There was a purse found in a car that Savannah took to Lexington. We do not have her cellphone. We would like to have her cellphone. We are looking for her and the cellphone, but we know for sure the cellphone went out of service around 8:30 – 8:45 that morning. How it went out of service we don’t know, but we know that it did and it hasn’t been turned back on.”

Savannah Spurlock: Search team zeros in on rural area where unknown men took missing mom of newborn twins [Report]

They're saying Richardson said what's highlighted but there are no quote marks. Do you think that's the reporters opinion?

Last edited:
Awe, poor Pepper. I hope she's not injured too badly. Bless their hearts, for all that they do during searches. I hope she gets a nice steak dinner or a special treat- she deserves to be pampered and spoiled while recovering!
He will get tons of attention from Dad. And Dad won't let him back in the search until he knows it is safe. If you ever watched the videos at their site he almost lost his oldest dog Guss (not from an accident) and it was heartbreaking.

Richardson also said this

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Spurlock reported left in a car with two men, while the third man followed them in a different car.

“We know that she ended up at a home in Garrard County some time after leaving the bar with these three men,” Richardson said. “They did not know Savannah prior to meeting her at the bar.”

Authorities confirmed they have evidence to suggest Spurlock went to the home, but nothing to show she ever left. Her phone was turned off around 8:30 a.m. the following morning, according to police. The men reportedly told police that Spurlock left the home by foot and they haven’t seen or heard from her since.

“We were told that she left that location. That’s just something we can’t confirm right now,” Richardson added. “So we’re looking for any information in regards to that. If somebody saw something, saw her, saw anything, just to let us know.”

Richardson said the car Spurlock drove to the bar on January 4 was located in Lexington with her purse and coat inside. Her cellphone has not been found. Surveillance footage captured on the night in question showed Savannah holding her purse while walking with the men. However, she may have put her purse in her car before leaving with them.

“There was a purse found in a car that Savannah took to Lexington. We do not have her cellphone. We would like to have her cellphone. We are looking for her and the cellphone, but we know for sure the cellphone went out of service around 8:30 – 8:45 that morning. How it went out of service we don’t know, but we know that it did and it hasn’t been turned back on.”

Savannah Spurlock: Search team zeros in on rural area where unknown men took missing mom of newborn twins [Report]
I'll go with the less confusing common sense version lol. Thats the only story I have read that says SS drove to the bar. All others say she left her car at her friends house. Seems off.

Last edited:

I'll go with the less confusing common sense version lol.

Good for you, I wish I could but I still have a little doubt. I think you're most likely right with that's the correct report. He clarifies the kind of bag it is.

Good for you, I wish I could but I still have a little doubt. I think you're most likely right with that's the correct report. He clarifies the kind of bag it is.
Sorry hit the post button before finished. That report states she drove her car to the bar,"Richardson said the car Spurlock drove to the bar on January 4". Thats the first Ive heard that scenario. Every report I've read states she left her car at her friends. Just seems off.

Sorry hit the post button before finished. That report states she drove her car to the bar,"Richardson said the car Spurlock drove to the bar on January 4". Thats the first Ive heard that scenario. Every report I've read states she left her car at her friends. Just seems off.

You're right and good catch. My understanding is she drove with her girlfriend to a male friends apt in Lexington, parked her car there and the male friend drove them to the bar.

Think this was the reporters mistake and probably a mistake about the purse.

Just an idea but I wonder if she had a larger purse in the car but pulled out a smaller one for going out. I know alot of women that do that... especially ones with small children. To my knowledge they haven't said it was THE purse in the pictures... They just said A purse. If she had gone to her car I wouldn't think she would leave her purse and not grab her coat given how cold she looks in the pictures.

Credible details of the men's activities that night have not been reported on. I am hoping they release information soon.

If, they all leave the bar around 2:30, presumably heading toward the home in Garrad County, 40 miles away from the bar. That may account for an hour of time. (2:30 am - 3:30 am)

The police department has said they can verify that SHE was at the house but how many of the three men stayed there as well (besides the owner/occupant)?

Did the other 2 AA men go to the house? Did they stay? What time did they leave?

I know the police are investigating and are going to lock down everyone's whereabouts but it's such a big piece of the timeline missing. (3:30 AM - ???)

Just because the phone last pinged around 8:30 am the next morning...means very little. She could have gone actually missing anytime after the FT call with her mother and 48 hours later when the missing person's report took effect. Or some variation of that.

One factor in the ability of a cadaver dog to alert on a scent is how long post-mortem the body remained at a location. Blowflies, which are much better than dogs at detecting the recently deceased, need about 5 minutes after death before they begin to detect the presence of a decomposing cadaver. Also, if it was cold that night and someone quickly moved the body out into the cold, it could have the effect of putting the body on ice and stunting/slowing down the process of decomposition.

And if it were an OD type situation (or any manner of death really), it's possible the individual isn't fully deceased but is presumed to be and is moved to another location where they eventually expire. This happened in the Holly Bobo case, if you buy the State's star witness's version of events.

Credible details of the men's activities that night have not been reported on. I am hoping they release information soon.

If, they all leave the bar around 2:30, presumably heading toward the home in Garrad County, 40 miles away from the bar. That may account for an hour of time. (2:30 am - 3:30 am)

The police department has said they can verify that SHE was at the house but how many of the three men stayed there as well (besides the owner/occupant)?

Did the other 2 AA men go to the house? Did they stay? What time did they leave?

I know the police are investigating and are going to lock down everyone's whereabouts but it's such a big piece of the timeline missing. (3:30 AM - ???)

Just because the phone last pinged around 8:30 am the next morning...means very little. She could have gone actually missing anytime after the FT call with her mother and 48 hours later when the missing person's report took effect. Or some variation of that.

So true.
I see HLN covering her again today. Nothing new, of course.

Get your tv on HLN, in a moment SS aunt going to update us & I think Mike said “she recalled a convo she had with her”, I am not 100% certain, had blow dryer on!

Maybe they felt the attractive pics would generate more help/interest? Wonder how many people sat next to her that night & didn’t realize until current pics were shown?

I’m not criticizing you at all, but the logic you’re describing reminds me of the classic story of the drunk looking for his car keys under the lamp post—not because he lost them there, but because the light is better there.

I’m not criticizing you at all, but the logic you’re describing reminds me of the classic story of the drunk looking for his car keys under the lamp post—not because he lost them there, but because the light is better there.

Lol.
I can’t think of one case in all my years as a newshound where such deceiving pictures were put out.
Maybe they just weren’t thinking. Other than the tattoos, I see nothing similar. Jmo, some people see similarities. Like I stated, she could have been in my passenger seat & I honestly would not have believed her if she told me her name. I think, sadly, it made no dif’, as I think the KY River holds the answers. At first, I thought she left on her own.

Now, HLN!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members