Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roadside ditches, streets, culverts should be searched by the new search teams. Edges of roadside ponds (with access) should be searched (you can use a swimming pool hook for shallow ponds). Is there a landfill in Lex/GC or Richmomd?...That should be searched. Mark off areas which have been searched. Rest areas north and south of Richmond on I-75 should be searched if they adjoin wooded areas.

Roadside ditches, streets, culverts should be searched by the new search teams. Edges of roadside ponds (with access) should be searched (you can use a swimming pool hook for shallow ponds). Is there a landfill in Lex/GC or Richmomd?...That should be searched. Mark off areas which have been searched. Rest areas north and south of Richmond on I-75 should be searched if they adjoin wooded areas.

The state level SAR team is on the search in addition to the volunteers and the Equusearch peeps. They're pretty good at gridding and knowing how and where to search. They have trainings several times a year and the men and women who work with SAR here are professionals with a LOT of experience. I am confident that they know how to proceed.

The state level SAR team is on the search in addition to the volunteers and the Equusearch peeps. They're pretty good at gridding and knowing how and where to search. They have trainings several times a year and the men and women who work with SAR here are professionals with a LOT of experience. I am confident that they know how to proceed.
Just wondering if the team is assembling for the search yet? I think how they go about this 'troup movement' would be interesting to all of us. Where do they set up? Facilities provided for cooking and showering!

Just wondering if the team is assembling for the search yet? I think how they go about this 'troup movement' would be interesting to all of us. Where do they set up? Facilities provided for cooking and showering!

No facilities for cooking and showering at this search, but there will be restrooms provided and, if it comes through, snacks and coffee. It's meant to start at 8, I think, and they'll gather at the church. From there they'll section off into different groups and be given different starting points. The idea will be for everyone to start in a tight center and then kind of fan out from there, moving as close to the same pace as everyone else as possible. The breaks will be coordinated. They don't want anyone to get too far ahead of anyone else. If LE has some specific places in mind then they'll give those areas to the more seasoned of the teams. Right now they're going over the maps and marking off the grids so that they'll be ready to coordinate on Saturday.

No facilities for cooking and showering at this search, but there will be restrooms provided and, if it comes through, snacks and coffee. It's meant to start at 8, I think, and they'll gather at the church. From there they'll section off into different groups and be given different starting points. The idea will be for everyone to start in a tight center and then kind of fan out from there, moving as close to the same pace as everyone else as possible. The breaks will be coordinated. They don't want anyone to get too far ahead of anyone else. If LE has some specific places in mind then they'll give those areas to the more seasoned of the teams. Right now they're going over the maps and marking off the grids so that they'll be ready to coordinate on Saturday.

It might be a good idea for the family to try and ask for donations through the media. Crystal Roger's family did a really good job with coordinating that aspect of her search. They had lines of people dropping off waters, snacks, bug spray, sunscreen. It's going to be colder than when she went missing but gloves, scarves, hand warmers etc would probably be appreciated by those who are searching this weekend. Her family is going to be her biggest advocate and the louder they are, the more attention they're going to get.

Came here scared to click on the thread, but wanting SS to be found and returned home. Still breaks my heart, especially when I read that SS's oldest called "Mommy" when he saw her picture on TV. Lordy, that'll make you some kind of sad.

I think SS's dad was going to take him to a counselor or something to help break the news IIRC. Poor little boy misses his mommy, :(

Good luck and Godspeed to all the SAR.

I sort of hate the closedown of the Topix forums. They spewed a lot of anonymous hate, threats, etc. however, people afraid to post things anywhere else would drop info there. Are there any other sorts of rumor mill sites in the Eastern Kentucky area that need to or have been looked over for leads?

Not sure if its just me, but while searching local news about this case. It sure seems like there have been a lot of missing persons case in this area in the last couple months. Is this normal for this area or just an anomaly?

What's the main reason for the people going missing? Is it connected to one thing?

I tried to quote you, julia-bee, but hit the wrong button.

I sort of hate the closedown of the Topix forums. They spewed a lot of anonymous hate, threats, etc. however, people afraid to post things anywhere else would drop info there. Are there any other sorts of rumor mill sites in the Eastern Kentucky area that need to or have been looked over for leads?

I miss Topix too. You did have to wade through a lot of BS at times, but there was also useful info that could be gleaned from there (we just couldn't publicly discuss stuff from there on this forum). I read Topix quite a bit after the Rhoden murders.

I'm willing to be there's probably some sort of FB page for locals in that area of KY, that's run by a private citizen.

Not sure if its just me, but while searching local news about this case. It sure seems like there have been a lot of missing persons case in this area in the last couple months. Is this normal for this area or just an anomaly?

We have several missing, throughout Eastern Ky., just over the past year. It's usually under circumstances that leads one to fear o.d. and/or foul play.

What's the main reason for the people going missing? Is it connected to one thing?

I tried to quote you, julia-bee, but hit the wrong button.

Drugs are definitely a big issue all across the state. Of all of the cases I’ve followed in the state in recent years, I don’t think any of them can be attributed to some random psycho picking up girls and killing them. It’s really difficult to get a commonwealth atty to prosecute without a body. Unfortunately, it’s really easy to find a place to hide a body in a lot of the more rural counties.

However, just referring to the 3 bodies that were found in Richmond and Garrard co over the past month, that’s highly unusual.
The first girl was reported missing and then found a few days later. I don’t think there’s officially been a charge but there’s a good chance that was some kind of domestic situation.
The second woman found submerged in a lake in garrard co was reported missing earlier that day. They don’t suspect foul play in that one.
The most recent body found in Richmond co was a male who was a suspect in a theft case. The cops were chasing him when he wrecked his car and he got out and ran off. I’m guessing he succumbed to his injuries or at least that’s what they’re insinuating.

I forgot to mention something else. The Good Samaritan law didn’t take place in KY until spring 2015. I do think a few cases I’ve followed would’ve had different outcomes had that law been adopted earlier. Fear of legal consequences can make people do really stupid things. It’s also been a fairly recent trend in the state to federally prosecute the dealers if they’re believed to have been the source of a drug that led to a fatal OD . That’s a mandatory minimum of 20 years and can go up to life in prison with no parole. Im not saying it’s right or wrong or that there’s no need for it, but it definitely creates a culture of fear (which is the intention).

I hope for good results with the search tomorrow. I wish I could go help but I'm a little too far away. I like that they are searching culverts and ditches etc. When you're cold you just go to basic instincts to get warm, low to ground, shelter, a ditch can keep wind off. If she really did walk home and it was cold, you could sort of guess she would have used her cellphone to plot a course or ask someone to pick her up. Since it wasn't active (As far as we are told) it may have been dead. You have to ask yourself where you would go. I would have asked the people at the house "Which way to town" or "give me a ride to town". She may have been kicked out of that house for not being what they were looking for and she could have gotten in that car for shelter (or until daylight) they ended up towing off. Walking alone would have made her more open to getting in a vehicle with just about anyone else to plot her path home. That is where a lie detector test would have helped for the 3 guys. We all know they aren't accurate and are just a tool to find the right questions to ask but they often convince more information out of a suspect. If they nail down the belief she left that home you either have an abductor, or she found an abandoned house, or she took a shortcut and was victim to the elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova