Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I never believe any ongoing case is not being closely investigated.

The police don't have to come out with constant PCs for me to know they are diligently still hard a work continuing their ongoing investigations to solve cases.

Thank goodness our police officers don't give up assuming it's a cold case like many of us seem to prematurely assume for some strange reason.

Many criminal investigations don't result in instant gratification. As long as any case is being investigated tirelessly it certainly isn't a cold case.

I have always believed these investigators are going to find out what happen, and who all were involved.

Even if her body is never located missing body murder cases are no longer hard to prove based on an overwhelming amount of strong CE resulting in countless convictions now.

In fact I cant remember one case in recent yars where the prosecutor did not get a conviction. Times have drastucally changed.

These type of no body cases have been successfully won now more than ever before in our judicial history.

Jmho

Watching that video with Lisa, oh my, just look at the resemblance between Savannah and her Aunt Lisa.

I'm thinking that it may not be too long now before we have a positive message from LE. They're working so hard every day and I thank them for this.

I'm not a person to think negatively of LEM not being diligent in their work on this case. They aren't ever going to pop up every morning and give is a tick sheet of what they will be doing that day. Nor will they pop up with a nightly tick sheet if what the did,where they went and any discoveries made. That's all in the minds of people who perhaps don't have an understanding of how LE work.

Watching that video with Lisa, oh my, just look at the resemblance between Savannah and her Aunt Lisa.

I'm thinking that it may not be too long now before we have a positive message from LE. They're working so hard every day and I thank them for this.

I'm not a person to think negatively of LEM not being diligent in their work on this case. They aren't ever going to pop up every morning and give is a tick sheet of what they will be doing that day. Nor will they pop up with a nightly tick sheet if what the did,where they went and any discoveries made. That's all in the minds of people who perhaps don't have an understanding of how LE work.

I’ve been getting that a lot . I’m actually married into her family. I married her uncle when she was 11. He has such special memories of her early childhood. He was in undergrad at UK when she was really little and saw her very often. I met him when Savannah’s little sister was a newborn ❤️

I’ve been getting that a lot . I’m actually married into her family. I married her uncle when she was 11. He has such special memories of her early childhood. He was in undergrad at UK when she was really little and saw her very often. I met him when Savannah’s little sister was a newborn ❤️

We have that in our family too. My daughter by my first partner looks more like Mr. Carbuff's mother than she does like her own blood relatives.

I'm glad you have such happy memories of Savannah and family.

hln-on-the-story-savannah-spurlock-missing-for-5-months-about-on-the-story-with-erica-hill-on-hln_uk-hd720p.mp4

The audio cuts out at :55 for about 20 seconds. HLN is trying to get me a fixed clip. But it cuts out during the lex 18 article already posted. Day by day we fight.

Despite the audio glitch HLN prepared a good overview and you presented well for your niece SS. Sad for your family that what occurred is still not concluded by LE and that the likelihood appears to be that SS will not return. Many people care about SS and you and your family.

hln-on-the-story-savannah-spurlock-missing-for-5-months-about-on-the-story-with-erica-hill-on-hln_uk-hd720p.mp4

The audio cuts out at :55 for about 20 seconds. HLN is trying to get me a fixed clip. But it cuts out during the lex 18 article already posted. Day by day we fight.

You are what every family with a missing person needs. I believe your work will ultimately lead someone to tell the police or your family where SS is. I hope some reporter is able to convince one or all of the three into an investigative interview. Maybe Dateline NBC or John Walsh would do a good job. Parents, especially the pastor should be looking for their own children to come clean as they know the courts and jail are not the final judgement and sentence. In God's eye these guys still have a chance if they come clean and ask for forgiveness.

It looks like people were accusing CCSAR of profiting off of Savannah’s case, and that was another factor in their final decision :(
Unbelievable. This whole case, like many
In the Epperly case there was overwhelming evidence pointing to him being the killer but it is known (I believe) as the first murder conviction without a body and upheld in appeal. You would have thought it was an open and shut case but it was very tough to get a rock solid case. Murder conviction upheld in case where body never found

Sometimes it’s tough even when victims said beforehand- “if anything happens to me, look at X- he has done y, and I’m scared” and there is a surfeit of evidence
Nicole simpson comes to mind.

What a great media piece for your family. I hope those with first hand knowledge of Savannah's whereabouts feel the full weight of your family's pain and choose to speak up. Even if relatives of theirs have to use the anonymous tip line for their own safety or well being, I pray they speak loud and clear.

You are what every family with a missing person needs. I believe your work will ultimately lead someone to tell the police or your family where SS is. I hope some reporter is able to convince one or all of the three into an investigative interview. Maybe Dateline NBC or John Walsh would do a good job. Parents, especially the pastor should be looking for their own children to come clean as they know the courts and jail are not the final judgement and sentence. In God's eye these guys still have a chance if they come clean and ask for forgiveness.

Thank you for the encouragement. It’s been hard to strike a balance and walk away sometimes. Hoping a breakthru comes soon.

Great to see an update about Savannah, you did an amazing job in sharing information and relaying the importance of someone coming forward and telling what they know.

I do believe there will be answers in this case. One perp might be able to keep things quiet, but in no way do I think something won't be found out through/by of the group of 3 men having been with her during her last known sighting.

Sharing here because this could benefit any case in states it is legal. It is a good explanation of how LE are beginning to use online DNA bases in differing ways to identify criminals, victims, and more. It's based off a case most are familiar with (1st link) but I am surprised to read of its continued use and success (2nd link).
This cold case is the first genetic genealogy arrest to go to trial - CNN
The following link lists "pics" of suspects identified and or later arrested, persons of interest, and unidentified remains.
Police Predictions - Parabon® Snapshot® DNA Analysis Service

Sharing here because this could benefit any case in states it is legal. It is a good explanation of how LE are beginning to use online DNA bases in differing ways to identify criminals, victims, and more. It's based off a case most are familiar with (1st link) but I am surprised to read of its continued use and success (2nd link).
This cold case is the first genetic genealogy arrest to go to trial - CNN
The following link lists "pics" of suspects identified and or later arrested, persons of interest, and unidentified remains.
Police Predictions - Parabon® Snapshot® DNA Analysis Service
What an incredible tool. I'm thrilled to have more ammp in the fight against these perps and am thankful for resolution in cold cases for the victim's families.

Savannah Spurlock: Volunteers place tip boxes in hopes of finding missing woman

Tip boxes are in place in 4 locations in Garrard County:
Price Ct
Fall Lick Rd (on S. Flatwoods Rd sign)
Us 27 North (Shun Pike intersection)
US 27 South (on Interstate Homes sign).

These are in areas without surveillance cameras. I am thankful a couple of our local searchers had this idea. We’re hoping maybe to get tips for other missing people: Brookelyn Farthing, Michael Gorley, and Linda Price. It may not work, but if someone who’s scared can pop it in there in the middle of the night, then great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879