Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Nooo! Just checking up on Savannah and read this latest information. :(

I'm shocked they found her, I was worried it would one of those unsolved cases. It doesn't bring closure to the family, Savannah is gone and will never see another day with her beautiful children and loving family. Just maybe, they can have some peace of mind finally knowing where she is and that somebody has been arrested and will held accountable.

Poor Savannah, just a young girl/woman with a lot on her plate. Went to go have fun and ended up dead, it doesn't matter what lifestyle choices she made......it's still so wrong.

Blessings and peace to Savannah's family and friends and most importantly, her beautiful children. May justice come swiftly.

Hi my sweet friend. Ltns!

I believe the unnatural position she was found to be in supports your theory totally. Imo. She has not been there for the entire time after she was first murdered.

Imo. She was secreted away in another tight constricted container causing her body to be in an unnatural position when finally buried on the family property.

Jmho
Here is some interesting research on "unnatural position". I think she may have been moved around more than once. Also it was frigid when this occurred and for some time after so depending on where she was may have greatly slowed decomposition as opposed to hot weather the entire time. I would guess she hadn't been where she was found (if it is her) very long or the smell would have been reported earlier. PS: It's hard to even talk this way about any victim. JMO Rigor mortis in an unusual position: Forensic considerations

Last edited:
My theory about cold weather, location & decomposition was wrong. I was hoping I was right for the sake of justice.
"The remains will be taken to the State Medical Examiner's Office in Frankfort, Ky., Kentucky State Police Trooper Robert Purdy said. He said he cannot confirm the remains found are those of Spurlock at this time because they were heavily decomposed." Has anyone thought of the small possibility this wasn't the 1st time and the body is another victim. I wouldn't want there to be another victim but it's hard to come to grips that it might be SS.
BBM
Savannah Spurlock person of interest arrested on desecration charges after human remains found, cops say

Last edited:
I hope he does and, in turn, gives it to the children.
The family is the one offering the reward, so no need for him to claim it in order to give it to the children. That said, he (unfortunately, IMO) would be eligible for the reward.

From the reward details posted on the official Savannah page: "Family (herein referred to as “Makers”) is offering up to $15,000 reward (herein referred to as “Reward”) for the first tip that leads directly to the safe return of Savannah Spurlock or recovery of Savannah Spurlock’s remains, or for the first tip that leads to the successful arrest and conviction of responsible person(s), whichever occurs first and at the discretion of the Makers. This reward does not have an expiration date, though the amount may be raised or lowered by the Makers no earlier than December 17th, 2019."

The family is the one offering the reward, so no need for him to claim it in order to give it to the children. That said, he (unfortunately, IMO) would be eligible for the reward.

From the reward details posted on the official Savannah page: "Family (herein referred to as “Makers”) is offering up to $15,000 reward (herein referred to as “Reward”) for the first tip that leads directly to the safe return of Savannah Spurlock or recovery of Savannah Spurlock’s remains, or for the first tip that leads to the successful arrest and conviction of responsible person(s), whichever occurs first and at the discretion of the Makers. This reward does not have an expiration date, though the amount may be raised or lowered by the Makers no earlier than December 17th, 2019."
Oops. Thanks. I didn't know it was the family.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I mean, her body was found on her property, and all signs point to him having put her there. He was the last person seen with her leaving the bar. He's the last person to actually have seen her before she went missing/was murdered. I agree in the sense I wouldn't be immediately wishing for his death right now. But if it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck ..., JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't be unheard of that LE searched an area and completely missed finding a body, especially a buried one. It's been 6 months. Of course she's heavily decomposed. An animal might have dug around, hence the new odor that father could discern. My guess is something disturbed the burial site and that's when all this came to pass.

My theory about cold weather, location & decomposition was wrong. I was hoping I was right for the sake of justice.
"The remains will be taken to the State Medical Examiner's Office in Frankfort, Ky., Kentucky State Police Trooper Robert Purdy said. He said he cannot confirm the remains found are those of Spurlock at this time because they were heavily decomposed." Has anyone thought of the small possibility this wasn't the 1st time and the body is another victim. I wouldn't want there to be another victim but it's hard to come to grips that it might be SS.
BBM
Savannah Spurlock person of interest arrested on desecration charges after human remains found, cops say

I doubt it, it sounds like there were other items belonging to SS that were found with her body.

Arrest made after body found in connection to Savannah Spurlock's disappearance

The arrest citation says "items of evidence believed to be connected to the missing persons case were located with the human remains."

Last edited:
A person is guilty of abuse of corpse if he intentionally and unlawfully disinters, digs up, removes, conceals, mutilates or destroys a human corpse.
Just burying someone is abuse by concealment. idk, we'll have to wait and see. Either way, I'm so glad her mom has found her. It's really horrible not knowing where they are.

Wait. I meant the father of the guy that was arrested.

The latest development came after a man reported a foul odor coming from the property, where Sparks lives, according to an arrest citation for Sparks obtained by WKYT. That tip coupled with Sparks being "the primary suspect in a missing persons investigation" led to the search, during which officials say they found remains -- and other items -- buried on the property.

"These items were last known to be in the control of only two individuals, the missing person, and the above," the citation states, according to WKYT.

Lt. Col. Rodney Richardson, assistant chief of police with the Richmond Police Department, told Fox News that Spurlock’s last known location was at the home in Garrard County – located some 40 miles from the bar.

The house reportedly belongs to Sparks' parents and had been previously searched on Jan 22, police said, according to Lexington’s WLEX-TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth