Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

It was the victims mom. Now weather she actually knows what all three told investigators, or weather she is merely assuming based on the fact that all three left the bar with ss is the big question. It very well could be that only one of them said that, or they all did. We simply can’t be certain at this time imo

It was the victims mom. Now weather she actually knows what all three told investigators, or weather she is merely assuming based on the fact that all three left the bar with ss is the big question. It very well could be that only one of them said that, or they all did. We simply can’t be certain at this time imo

oops the victims aunt.....darn it, sorry

Thanks for finding that article, I couldn't find it either at the other link.
It doesn't name the man who said she left on foot, but I thought I remember that one or both of the other men left the house early in the morning, which would leave Sparks being the one still there. But I don't know if it was ever verified, I thought none of their whereabouts were actually confirmed. But that was months ago so I would have to go back and search for articles.
I know one man left the bar in a separate car, so maybe he left the house earlier.

Either way I would find it hard to believe they did not have any knowledge of what happened, and of course they could have been involved as well. I guess we will have to wait and see if there is any more news or any more arrests. Imo

According to this video (screen shot here), Sparks told LE she left "on her own"
"6EA10B79-CAF7-432A-AAAB-CE3BC3C6296C.jpeg

"Box" removed from the property?
472829DA-5B40-4251-A015-878189A2E1DE.jpeg

Savannah Spurlock's father says 'justice has been served' after person of interest arrested

EXCLUSIVE – The father of missing Kentucky mom Savannah Spurlock said Thursday that "justice has been served" after authorities discovered human remains at a home believed to be the 23-year-old's last known location and a person of interest was arrested.

David Sparks, one of the last people believed to be with Spurlock, was taken into custody just before 2 a.m. Thursday and charged with tampering with physical evidence and abuse of a corpse. He was booked into a jail in Madison County.

Cecil Spurlock, 52, told Fox News in an exclusive interview on Thursday he "begged God" to bring the search for his missing daughter to an end

[...]

"That’s my new job in life, to make sure those boys are happy and taken care of," he said. "That’s my job."

He said he is also praying for Sparks' parents.

"Out of everything I’ve heard they’re good people and I feel bad for them," he said. "I know this is a hard time for them."
Dang, her father is a good man. He tugs at my heart.

If you call for an ambulance when someone is ODing it wouldn't mean you did anything wrong. Even if you did drugs together that doesn't mean you are guilty if you get help. If you wake up and find someone dead in your house, and they weren't drugged, raped or actually murdered, why cover that up? Decomp seems like a way to hide what actually happened.

I have a an old friend who was charged with manslaughter because him and his girlfriend, he was 18 & she was 16 took drugs together (opiods) on the eve of her 17th birthday while "partying". He woke up, she was dead in bed next to her. She brought the pills with her to his house & was a willing participant. He called 911 right away while he tried to do CPR although it was too late. He was absolutely devastated. No one thought he'd be charged, but he ended up serving 5 years for it. I think people have heard other stories like & panic when someone ODs thinking they will be held responsible.

If you call for an ambulance when someone is ODing it wouldn't mean you did anything wrong. Even if you did drugs together that doesn't mean you are guilty if you get help. If you wake up and find someone dead in your house, and they weren't drugged, raped or actually murdered, why cover that up? Decomp seems like a way to hide what actually happened.

I have a an old friend who was charged with manslaughter because him and his girlfriend, he was 18 & she was 16 took drugs together (opiods) on the eve of her 17th birthday while "partying". He woke up, she was dead in bed next to her. She brought the pills with her to his house & was a willing participant. He called 911 right away while he tried to do CPR although it was too late. He was absolutely devastated. No one thought he'd be charged, but he ended up serving 5 years for it. I think people have heard other stories like & panic when someone ODs thinking they will be held responsible.
So if she was found with her hands and or feet bound that would be a pretty unnatural position wouldn’t it?

Just the fact thatshe was inside a box, likely contorted to fit, is pretty "unnatural".

That is awful. Your friend did the right thing. Savannah wasn't a minor. Cops carry Narcan because so many people overdose. I know people that still do heroin or are on and off it. I know people that lied about their drug use for years and possibly still are. You can't be responsible for other people's decisions especially if you don't participate or are unaware. People can die of alcohol poisoning or mixing prescription drugs with alcohol and illegal ones.

Just the fact thatshe was inside a box, likely contorted to fit, is pretty "unnatural".

Your friend even though he was punished did the right thing at the age of 18. DS met Savannah that night apparently if it had been an overdose that wouldn't make it his fault.

Your friend did the correct, and responsible thing from the minute he found her. It's sad he had to serve time.

Imo, SSs death was not due to an overdose. That is why DP immediately hid her body after he murdered her.

He did not want anyone knowing how she died. If they had found her early on it would clearly show she was murdered, and show she did not overdose.

A finding of an overdose by the ME would have worked in his favor.

Yet he knew if he could hide her body from being found then no one would be able to tell she was murdered by him.

That's why he went to great lengths to make sure no one knew he had murdered SS.

I've read of a few cases when someone did overdose inside of a dwelling, and the occupants will take them out of the home, and put them in another place like an alley etc to be found by someone else to make it look like they overdosed when no one else was around.

Since he said she left on foot if she had really overdosed he would have staged the body somewhere in the surrounding woods as if she had left highly under the influence of drugs, and died from an overdose after leaving his home.

He didnt do that because he knew this had nothing to do with an overdose, and had everything to do with murder.

Jmho

Something else to keep in mind, how does an unnatural body position prove that SS was moved around and placed at fall lick months later after death? The answer is we have no idea! she may very well have been placed there much later, but what has been released is not an indication of that imo.

This guy was renting a small home in Lancaster and moved home to his parents home shortly after SS disappearance.

There are numerous possible reasons that the smell may not have been reported to authorities until much later

The most plausible is that it was extremely cold around the time of her disappearance. Additionaly its possible a seal was broken in a manner that it was now releasing gasses and making concealment much more difficult

Its likely the person charged panicked and disposed of SS on a property that he had control over and was familiar with after she died, likely mere days later.

There was a reason that LE focused on that particular property early and a location that SS was not last seen at on Fall lick rd ( as it was the price court property that she was seen on neighbors security cameras) which was almost certainly based on cell phone data IMO

Cases where a suspect moved a body to various places and ultimately placed a body later after months had passed and could be linked back to them are extremely rare as @MassGuy stated earlier

the simplest answer is almost certainly the most likely IMO

My initial thought after hearing that the property was previously searched (with zero findings) along with "unnatural body position" was that her body formed a position where she was initially placed and after taking her to the property to bury her, her body could not be maneuvered to lay in the burial site. Rigor mortis starts in the joints and muscles and starts taking place anywhere between 1 and 4 day . So even if she was placed somewhere overnight to be hidden, and her legs or arms were in a bending position, it would have been obvious to LE that the burial site was not the initial place she was placed.
I'm providing an FBI screenshot where they use the exact terminology to describe why the body was considered to be found in an unnatural position

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190714-091635_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190714-091635_Google.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 46

https://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article225959590.html

Her Aunt or Mother also commented on the statement saying she was last seen leaving the house on foot the following morning. I can't remember if it was her Mom or Aunt but one of them said that it sounded very unlike Savannah and very unlikely in general for someone to be in a county/area they're unfamiliar with and for them to just take off walking on foot. (I'm paraphrasing) but that was the gist of why they felt suspicious of that statement

Yes! Many people have tried bringing awareness to this law and having it changed because statistics showed that 80% of users use with another person but 80% of overdose victims are found alone.
Family members and loved ones that lost someone due to an overdose (and are told evidence shows that they were not alone and basically were left to die) are typically the ones fighting for this law to change so people aren't afraid to call for help, in fear of what they will face criminally, and so lives can be saved.
This created the Good Samaritan Law.
Kentucky law changed to the good samaritan law in 2018, I believe. I am only informed of this because I live on the border of IN, OH and KY.
But it isn't a law in every state. And doesn't guarantee that the person will still call if an overdose occurs. So for me, this law being in effect doesn't dismiss the theory/speculation that she may have overdosed. People freak in the moment and act out of fear. Usually while they're high as a kite. And.. well.. I would presume one would not make the best of decisions while under the influence of drugs ha. Not to mention the fact that heroin directly affects the "decision making" area in the brain.. ‍♀️

Exactly why I think a chest freezer was involved. The perp moved back home and could have had a chest freezer in his apartment. That would not look suspicious on camera as he was moving out. Then he gets to his parents house, which has already been searched, and puts the freezer in the shed. Who helped him move? His brother? A moving company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879