Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is actually no proof what so ever that savannah actually used drugs and there still isn't. A dui could of been drink. She could of been drinking a lot as was going through a rough patch in life. She went to a bar and her mum said she was intoxicated, still could be drink. It is highly insulting for people to keep bringing up an overdose tbh. Savannah did not look like a heavy drug user at all. Also this just does not look like an accident. I don't know why people keep trying to pretend it does. If this was a differnet woman who went missing from somewhere else ie not a bar and was found in a shallow grave naked with her feet bound then would you be so quick to say it was an accident? People drink, and they don't normally wind up dead in a shallow grave after a night out. We don't have any proof that savannah was involved in any other substances.

Do you know if Savannah was given any prescriptions after having her twins? Pain meds or anything for mental health issues? People can die from mixing prescription drugs with alcohol. Also a person can die being a first time user of a drug, having a drug placed in their drink without knowing it was placed there and also just using drugs on occasion and not be addicted, still could die from the use of a drug and especially if combined with alcohol. Her Mom confirmed she was highly intoxicated when she talked to her and yes it could have been just alcohol but alcohol can be just as dangerous as any drug as far as killing you. maybe she chugged a fifth of Jim Beam. I doubt it but since you just want to say alcohol, have to say it can kill a person too. <modsnip>

Maybe David is just a cold blooded psychotic killer or a sociopath. Another Ted Bundy waiting to happen. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if Savannah was given any prescriptions after having her twins? Pain meds or anything for mental health issues? People can die from mixing prescription drugs with alcohol. Also a person can die being a first time user of a drug, having a drug placed in their drink without knowing it was placed there and also just using drugs on occasion and not be addicted, still could die from the use of a drug and especially if combined with alcohol. Her Mom confirmed she was highly intoxicated when she talked to her and yes it could have been just alcohol but alcohol can be just as dangerous as any drug as far as killing you. maybe she chugged a fifth of Jim Beam. I doubt it but since you just want to say alcohol, have to say it can kill a person too. From all I've heard about Savannah I think it's highly possible she used a drug or was given a drug that morning, we'll hopefully know when toxicology tests come back.

Maybe David is just a cold blooded psychotic killer or a sociopath. Another Ted Bundy waiting to happen. We'll see.

No your absolutely right I don't know. But I don't know any other case of someone dying from accidentally taking there own pain meds and drinking and oding at someone's house and being found naked in a shallow grave either. As I said if it wasn't savannah at a bar leaving with three males and she hadn't gone back to ds but was found else where in a shallow grave would u be so quick to say it was an accident ? Yes she could of drank a fith Jim beam and passed just from the drink but is there any other cases of the person going to exceptional lengths to cover this alcohol overdose? I mean to bury a naked body in trash bags in a shallow grave just screams sick individual.

"I posted taped after death because he's a deer hunter and was told hunters tape the legs together after killing a dear to transport it."

Was DS ever known to bury the bodies of the deer that he killed? I highly doubt it, because the deer was of use after it had been killed for the meat, and also the hide.

I would assume tape the deer's legs to transport to a vehicle etc.
Never considered to bury the deer.

No your absolutely right I don't know. But I don't know any other case of someone dying from accidentally taking there own pain meds and drinking and oding at someone's house and being found naked in a shallow grave either. As I said if it wasn't savannah at a bar leaving with three males and she hadn't gone back to ds but was found else where in a shallow grave would u be so quick to say it was an accident ? Yes she could of drank a fith Jim beam and passed just from the drink but is there any other cases of the person going to exceptional lengths to cover this alcohol overdose? I mean to bury a naked body in trash bags in a shallow grave just screams sick individual.

I haven't the knowledge to know how unusual his behavior would be. I know people dump the bodies of OD'd people all the time, it is not unusual. If they did bury these OD'd individuals possibly they were never found. Many a person hit by a car and the person responsible takes off. So just the little I know, After living a long life and learning about people and how people can run away from their responsibilities tells me what happened wouldn't be all that unusual. I've heard dressing a dead person would be difficult but if she was naked when she died and he was disposing of her I don't see why he would show respect and dress her.

Could be a source but I wouldn't know where to find it, was said way back in the beginning of this case. I haven't kept notes, just my memory. Sorry maybe someone else will read this and recall if there is a source for this.

The threat was said to be someone tried to run him off of the road. Probably it was posted by locals from Lancaster on FB. A lot of rumor on FB but some facts too.

It just doesn't make sense to me that he would move back home to his parents' house if he was afraid his life was in danger. Why would a person put their parents' lives in danger by moving into their home, making them a potential target, too?

And why would someone bury the body of the young woman who was "missing" in his parents' back yard if someone was threatening his life over it, to the point of trying to run him off the road?

I would assume tape the deer's legs to transport to a vehicle etc.
Never considered to bury the deer.

But your assumption is that since DS is a deer hunter, he might have taped Savannah's feet together because that is what he would have done to a deer to transport them more easily.

Not sure how to tie in being a deer hunter to the manner in which Savannah's body was found as well as where it was found. JMO

There is zero way in my mind she died of an overdose. I am sure she was drunk, maybe drugs as well, but I think murder is the COD. I am a little worried the autopsy will be inconclusive due to the body decomposition and something like a borderline toxic level of alcohol or drugs in her system that could be argued as the cause. I hope things like suffocation and strangulation still show up after so long. I would hate to see DS get away with this.

I understand if he was worried to be the provider of drugs to an overdosed girl. Even some sort of cover up of who he bought them from, etc. Cleaned out his house of drugs and called 911 after a few hours. But not bind up and bag a dead body, bury it at his parents house, get a new rug, clean up blood, and then stay silent until his face is on camera and he says she walked out. No way!

I've asked if anyone has knowledge of any other case like this, in which a person died accidentally or by natural causes and then was found buried, naked with their feet bound. I'll add to that, in the back yard of the last person to see them alive.

No responses yet.

But your assumption is that since DS is a deer hunter, he might have taped Savannah's feet together because that is what he would have done to a deer to transport them more easily.

Not sure how to tie in being a deer hunter to the manner in which Savannah's body was found as well as where it was found. JMO

Good grief, I only compared the taping of her legs to how a person may tape a deer after killing it and transporting it. Was told David was a hunter and hunted deer. Just speculation on why her ankles were taped. From what I know David does not seem like some monster who would torture and kill her. He may have but that's not my impression from all I've learned about this case. I could be wrong.

I've asked if anyone has knowledge of any other case like this, in which a person died accidentally or by natural causes and then was found buried, naked with their feet bound. I'll add to that, in the back yard of the last person to see them alive.

No responses yet.

Didn't realize you wanted answers just from the forum members. Sorry. I thought you were wondering if it's ever happened and is unusual as in all deaths that have ever happened.

There is zero way in my mind she died of an overdose. I am sure she was drunk, maybe drugs as well, but I think murder is the COD. I am a little worried the autopsy will be inconclusive due to the body decomposition and something like a borderline toxic level of alcohol or drugs in her system that could be argued as the cause. I hope things like suffocation and strangulation still show up after so long. I would hate to see DS get away with this.

I understand if he was worried to be the provider of drugs to an overdosed girl. Even some sort of cover up of who he bought them from, etc. Cleaned out his house of drugs and called 911 after a few hours. But not bind up and bag a dead body, bury it at his parents house, get a new rug, clean up blood, and then stay silent until his face is on camera and he says she walked out. No way!
Murder or homicide is the Manner of death. (natural, accident, suicide, homicide, and undetermined)

How someone is killed or dies is the COD (Cause of Death) (stabbing, gunshot, blunt force trauma, strangulation, heart attack, drowning, overdose, ect)

If he is guilty of murder why would he bury her in a 19 inch deep hole at the deepest in his parents garden? Makes no sense to me at all. Sounds like he even buried her belongings and maybe clothes there too. She was going to be found and her identity known too at his parents home in that shallow grave in there garden.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

<modsnip - personalizing>

It's my opinion that there was nothing like a scratch (damage to the body) to suggest Savannah was murdered.

If there were multiple wounds they would have been investigated during the autopsy and a determination would have been made if those wounds caused Savannah's death. Obviously if her body was found with a gunshot or stab wound or her head was bashed in, the manner of death and cause of death would been determined to be homicide and cause of the death to be one of the above during the autopsy, but here we sit waiting for the toxicology report. <modsnip - personalizing>

Again, JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
What I do know as a fact is David's cousin told me David was in fear because of being pointed out as one of the men with Savannah that morning. I would guess they felt he was safer living with the parents rather than alone at his own place in town. You make some good points but I don't have the answers. I was just pointing out she was buried in his parents yard and he moved back there sometime after she died, if she died on Jan 4th and was buried there or the 5th. Like another member posted, it was a place he knew and maybe knowing this property and being close to where she was buried was the reason he buried her there, I don't know, I'm only speculating.

I was shocked when they found her in the parents yard. I thought for sure in deep water. Also surprised the search missed the body. Also surprised such a shallow grave. Sounded like someone panicked did this to me. Just my opinion and nothing more, I could be right and I may be wrong on why she was buried the way she was.

Other than the few facts we do know, anything discussed here is really our own opinions. JMO, I've never seen a case before that was due to accidental or natural death in which a body was found buried, naked and with feet bound in the back yard of the person who last saw them alive.

I'm not local and I don't know anyone involved. I just want the truth.

And I suppose you have proof there were??

It's my opinion that there was nothing like a scratch (damage to the body) to suggest Savannah was murdered.

If there were multiple wounds they would have been investigated during the autopsy and a determination would have been made if those wounds caused Savannah's death. Obviously if her body was found with a gunshot or stab wound or her head was bashed in, the manner of death and cause of death would been determined to be homicide and cause of the death to be one of the above during the autopsy, but here we sit waiting for the toxicology report. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out there were no obvious signs of damage to her body seen during the autopsy.

Again, JMO

It's my opinion savannahs body was decomposed to the point they could not make an initial I'd, which suggests any obvious wounds would not have been there after all that time. Apart from gunshots or trauma to the head.. although it's to my knowledge it would be hard to prove strangulation or suffocation after so long as there would be no obvious signs. And also the case was sealed. So I don't think if they did have the autopsy they would have released it lately anyway. So we are both as clueless as each other still. But to say there would be obvious signs is false.

If he is guilty of murder why would he bury her in a 19 inch deep hole at the deepest in his parents garden? Makes no sense to me at all. Sounds like he even buried her belongings and maybe clothes there too. She was going to be found and her identity known too at his parents home in that shallow grave in there garden.

If her death was accidental/natural, why bury her at all?

Why all the effort to hide/deny/coverup?

I can about guarantee you DS was raised by his folks to know right from wrong. And whenever he sobered up that next day after his night out, he knew what he was doing was wrong, yet he did it anyway. MOO

You are absolutely wrong. You have no idea if savannah had a scratch or multiple wounds. None of us do. Only David. Who buried her.

Like I posted earlier, I haven't seen where SS's autopsy report has been released, so how in the world would anyone, except the investigators at this point, know what the ME discovered or didn't?

Many times we've seen here where the autopsy reports aren't released to the public/media until the toxicology reports are back. There's even been times (Rhoden family murders in OH) where LE goes to court to keep autopsy reports sealed/unreleased. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova