Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my opinion savannahs body was decomposed to the point they could not make an initial I'd, which suggests any obvious wounds would not have been there after all that time. Apart from gunshots or trauma to the head.. although it's to my knowledge it would be hard to prove strangulation or suffocation after so long as there would be no obvious signs. And also the case was sealed. So I don't think if they did have the autopsy they would have released it lately anyway. So we are both as clueless as each other still. But to say there would be obvious signs is false.
Savannah body was found just before midnight on the 10th and she was ID'ed and a press conference was held on the 11th to announce she had been found. That's a pretty fast turn around for someone that would have been decomposed to the point they could not make an initial ID during the autopsy. I'm not sure exactly what time the press conference was but I think it would take longer than it took to ID her if using a DNA profile or dental records due to decomposition. (ME starts autopsy at 8:00 on the 11th, press conference a few hours later)

If I remember correctly she was partially ID'ed by her tattoo, correct me if I'm wrong. If her tattoo is still recognizable I think bruising around the neck would be too if she was strangled. If she was suffocated maybe not so obvious. But if she was strangled or suffocated how is the blood explained? (I guess now all those in favor of her being murdered will say the blood could have came from having sex)

As always JMO

Link to timeline: Savannah Spurlock Case: What to Know About Kentucky Mom Found Dead After Leaving Bar With 3 Men

Last edited:
SFSBM

If this was a brutal murder there would have been evidence of that seen during the initial autopsy. Which apparently there wasn't because we would have heard about it by now. If the ME is waiting on toxicology reports to determine the cause and manner of death, chances are the death was related to an overdose or some other unseen by the naked eye cause.

JMO

I'm not able to find anything online that discusses results from an "initial" autopsy. Would you please post a link?

I'm not finding any sources online that discuss the results of an "initial" autopsy. Would you post a source, please?

I am only finding there was one autopsy and those results have not been released as of this date.

I don't have a source, it is my opinion. That is what the JMO (Just My Opinion) stands for.

Don't you think if it was determined during the autopsy that Savannah was murdered it would have been announced during the press conference?

Yes I see a lot of people wanting revenge and someone to blame. I understand this but I would rather see this an accident than a murder. I also agree with you that if this was a murder the person responsibility or persons responsible be prosecuted to the fullest.
I do not like to jump to conclusions or speculate beyond facts. Speculation was all we could do until her remains were found. I have good confidence the Law Enforcement will work it out especially knowing the FBI is still involved.

Savannah body was found just before midnight on the 10th and she was ID'ed and a press conference was held on the 11th to announce she had been found. That's a pretty fast turn around for someone that would have been decomposed to the point they could not make an initial ID during the autopsy. I'm not sure exactly what time the press conference was but I think it would take longer than it took to ID her if using a DNA profile or dental records due to decomposition. (ME starts autopsy at 8:00 on the 11th, press conference a few hours later)

If I remember correctly she was partially ID'ed by her tattoo, correct me if I'm wrong. (If her tattoo is still recognizable I think bruising around the neck would be too if she was strangled. If she was suffocated maybe not so obvious. But if she was strangled or suffocated how is the blood explained? (I guess now all those in favor of her being murdered will say the blood could have came from having sex)

As always JMO

Link to timeline: Savannah Spurlock Case: What to Know About Kentucky Mom Found Dead After Leaving Bar With 3 Men

Tbf, in your initial post you said in your opinion there was nothing like a scratch or anything to suggest murder. You have no idea if savannah had any scratches. They are not going to release an update saying savannah was found with scratches, that would be highly unusual so where u made that assumption I don't know. You have no idea what injuries she had as I don't, so I was a bit confused as per your post quoting savannah had no scratches to suggest murder. A scratch would not constitute murder. And yet still we don't know if she had scratches or anything( as hasn't been released). Even if she was suffocated would be very hard to prove. Strangulation doesn't always cause bruising sometimes they only know from the broken thyroid and even then can be inconclusive. I don't belive the blood is from sex. At all. There are any number of ways she could of bled. He could of hit her, and caused her mouth to bleed. Anything. But as we don't have the autopsy we don't know.

It seems to me you are prematurely going with murder. Can you tell me why you think David would tape her ankles together to murder her and waht was his motive for murdering her? I posted taped after death because he's a deer hunter and was told hunters tape the legs together after killing a dear to transport it. How do you know putting a 140 pound body in a plastic garbage bag would be easy? Several garbage bags at that. My understanding is when you die you go very limp so I would assume your arms and legs would flop. I have a difficult time double sacking just my kitchen garbage. A small amount of blood was found on the closet door. They didn't tell us if chemicals had been used on the door and thought more blood had been cleaned up. If she was highly intoxicated when having sex with the man she was seen arm in arm with she wouldn't have gotten up to use the restroom and if like I suspect it was an overdose she may have just lost consciousness and laid there and died. So therefore no blood left in the bathroom after sex. Many ways a small amount of her blood could have been left on the bedroom closet door. It seems she died in the bedroom, naked and was on a bedroom rug at some time. David disposed of this rug along with her body. He may have disposed of or washed sheets etc off of the bed. Yes this may have been a brutal murder but it also could have been an overdose of drugs that took her life. Also if it was rape of course the Defense will bring up what else took place that evening and morning and most likely Savannah's lifestyle. Also it could be they won't be able to determine what caused her death and make a charge for murder. Maybe end up being inconclusive.

I would much rather see this as an accident than a murder where many more lives are going to be affected in a horrible way. Justice doesn't always help the loved ones of a victim feel better and many times the Justice served isn't satisfying to many involved. Short sentencing at times, plea deals etc. I want to see Justice served if this is murder or not accidental but we don't know at this time why Savannah lost her life and an accident seems more likely to me with all the information I have gathered from this case. If I knew what the prosecution knows I may be saying definitely murder but I don't know what they know. David is innocent until being proven guilty in a court of law.

Yes, he is innocent until proven guilty.

My husband has been an avid deer hunter for 50 years, but I've never heard of deer tape. Would you please explain what deer tape is since none of my family, and friends have ever used tape of any kind. Many have ATVs now, and they transport the deer put of the woods that way or they will pull the deer by the antlers if a buck.

What type of tape did he use to bind her ankles?

Imo, he used the ankle binding to restrain her from fleeing his home before killing her.

OT: the two teen spree killers in Canada have been found dead. Too bad they won't face justice for murdering three innocent victims.

Jmho

I don't have a source, it is my opinion. That is what the JMO (Just My Opinion) stands for.

Don't you think if it was determined during the autopsy that Savannah was murdered it would have been announced during the press conference?

I know what JMO stands for but you referenced an initial autopsy report, which is what I questioned.

My understanding from the July 11 press conference is that Savannah had been identified but the cause of death had not yet been determined as the autopsy was on-going.

There was no mention in the presser whether the manner of death had been established at that time. If the ME had determined the manner of death to be homicide at the time of the presser, I would not find it unusual that LE did not mention this as the investigation was on-going.

JMO

I've asked if anyone has knowledge of any other case like this, in which a person died accidentally or by natural causes and then was found buried, naked with their feet bound. I'll add to that, in the back yard of the last person to see them alive.

No responses yet.
Whats the point?

And I suppose you have proof there were??

It's my opinion that there was nothing like a scratch (damage to the body) to suggest Savannah was murdered.

If there were multiple wounds they would have been investigated during the autopsy and a determination would have been made if those wounds caused Savannah's death. Obviously if her body was found with a gunshot or stab wound or her head was bashed in, the manner of death and cause of death would been determined to be homicide and cause of the death to be one of the above during the autopsy, but here we sit waiting for the toxicology report. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out there were no obvious signs of damage to her body seen during the autopsy.

Again, JMO

Are you assuming these things because the autopsy report hasn't been released? Just trying to understand.

In many cases the ME will not release the autopsy results until toxicology is returned to them which can take up to 8 weeks or longer. That has become standard nowadays since its not complete or official until all procedures have been done, and known. Only then will the ME sign the official AR.

I doubt we will know anything about manner, and COD until after the GJ meets on the 14th. Its customary for the ME to testify at that time about what was found.

Since he has already been charged with other offenses already it only makes sense the DA is going to present other evidence to the GJ of additional crimes. They must be meeting for two days because the news articles I've read said an indictment could be handed down on August 16th.

Did he waive his preliminary hearing? Tia

None of us know the condition she was in when found naked, and bound. Even if the ME found evidence she was severely beaten they would have to determine if those were secondary causations or primary.

As,an aside:

Does anyone know in this state if it requires a GJ to be empaneled if the top charge of first degree is to be considered?

I know in some states a DA can only file lesser charges such as his existing charges or even file second degree, but if first degree is what the DA thinks is the proper, and just charge based on the evidence only a GJ can hand down an indictment for the top charge of first degree murder. TIA

Imo

Last edited:
I think maybe it's time to take a break from this one. Maybe there will better information to discuss after next Weds.

#RIPSAVANNAH

Just dropping this here again...

I believe the reference to the original autopsy-no scratches etc etc was meaning it wasn't incredibly apparent that she was murdered immediately. LE tends to mention obvious foul play, murder etc when it's obvious. I think y'all are breaking every little thing said down unnecessarily here.

JMO

Last edited:
Tbf, in your initial post you said in your opinion there was nothing like a scratch or anything to suggest murder. You have no idea if savannah had any scratches. They are not going to release an update saying savannah was found with scratches, that would be highly unusual so where u made that assumption I don't know. You have no idea what injuries she had as I don't, so I was a bit confused as per your post quoting savannah had no scratches to suggest murder. A scratch would not constitute murder. And yet still we don't know if she had scratches or anything( as hasn't been released). Even if she was suffocated would be very hard to prove. Strangulation doesn't always cause bruising sometimes they only know from the broken thyroid and even then can be inconclusive. I don't belive the blood is from sex. At all. There are any number of ways she could of bled. He could of hit her, and caused her mouth to bleed. Anything. But as we don't have the autopsy we don't know.
I am new to following this thread but a women who has just had a baby/babies a few weeks before could definitely still be bleeding from that. Not always, but it’s a possibility, I would think.

If no drugs turn up, how can she be blamed?

If he is charged with murder even if drugs were found in her system she shouldn't be blamed for her own murder.

Although I have no doubt his DT will go the victim bashing route.

It wont be the first or last time a DT has put the victim on trial. Sigh.

Jmho

If no drugs turn up, how can she be blamed?

Take your pick. It is the sad reality of the world we now live in where gaggles of people online take joy in taking potshots at victims and insinuating they somehow were responsible for their own death.

The most hideous example I've ever seen is the Shanann Watts case and a year later, it still continues.

I am new to following this thread but a women who has just had a baby/babies a few weeks before could definitely still be bleeding from that. Not always, but it’s a possibility, I would think.

The forensic experts are able to determine that type of bleeding from other types of blood being let.

Imo

Are you assuming these things because the autopsy report hasn't been released? Just trying to understand.

In many cases the ME will not release the autopsy results until toxicology is returned to them which can take up to 8 weeks or longer. That has become standard nowadays since its not complete or official until all procedures have been done, and known. Only then will the ME sign the official AR.

I doubt we will know anything about manner, and COD until after the GJ meets on the 14th. Its customary for the ME to testify at that time about what was found.

Since he has already been charged with other offenses already it only makes sense the DA is going to present other evidence to the GJ of additional crimes. They must be meeting for two days because the news articles I've read said an indictment could be handed down on August 16th.

Did he waive his preliminary hearing? Tia

None of us know the condition she was end when found naked, and bound. Even if the ME found evidence she was severely beaten they would have to determine if those were secondary causations or primary.

As,an aside:

Does anyone know in this state if it requires a GJ to be empaneled if the top charge of first degree is to be considered?

I know in some states a DA can only file lesser charges such as his existing charges or even file second degree, but if first degree is what the DA thinks is the proper, and just charge based on the evidence only a GJ can hand down an indictment for the top charge of first degree murder. TIA

Imo
I know a lot of posters think additional charges will come out of the GJ. I don't know if that will happen. It's my understanding the current charges were to be presented to the GJ. I guess other charges could be presented but its not a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova