Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is charged with murder even if drugs were found in her system she shouldn't be blamed for her own murder.

Although I have no doubt his DT will go the victim bashing route.

It wont be the first or last time a DT has put the victim on trial. Sigh.

Jmho

I agree. I recently followed the Sydney Loofe case and it was pathetic. It didn't do the DT or their client any good as the accused was convicted of first degree murder and he may get the death penalty.

Yes, he is innocent until proven guilty.

My husband has been an avid deer hunter for 50 years, but I've never heard of deer tape. Would you please explain what deer tape is since none of my family, and friends have ever used tape of any kind. Many have ATVs now, and they transport the deer put of the woods that way or they will pull the deer by the antlers if a buck.

What type of tape did he use to bind her ankles?

Imo, he used the ankle binding to restrain her from fleeing his home before killing her.

OT: the two teen spree killers in Canada have been found dead. Too bad they won't face justice for murdering three innocent victims.

Jmho

My understanding is that shipping tape was used to bind her ankles. I have some at home - powerful stuff. Here's a source:

Body of missing mom found in shallow grave, bound with shipping tape on suspect’s property

SFSBM

If this was a brutal murder there would have been evidence of that seen during the initial autopsy. Which apparently there wasn't because we would have heard about it by now. If the ME is waiting on toxicology reports to determine the cause and manner of death, chances are the death was related to an overdose or some other unseen by the naked eye cause.

JMO
I know what JMO stands for but you referenced an initial autopsy report, which is what I questioned.

My understanding from the July 11 press conference is that Savannah had been identified but the cause of death had not yet been determined as the autopsy was on-going.

There was no mention in the presser whether the manner of death had been established at that time. If the ME had determined the manner of death to be homicide at the time of the presser, I would not find it unusual that LE did not mention this as the investigation was on-going.

JMO
@molly1255 My original post is quoted above. PLEASE tell me where I referenced a REPORT?? Or in any of my posts.

If you can't, please don't put words in my mouth and say something that I didn't.

I'm not seeing any mention of an autopsy at all in this article.
You could have thanked me for taking the time to look this up. The tattoo and fingerprints were determined in the preliminary autopsy, I found more than one article when I Googled some said autopsy and some didn't. I just assumed you would realize this was the preliminary autopsy. You posted initial and I thought you meant the preliminary which usually comes out in 24 to 48 hrs.

@molly1255 My original post is quoted above. PLEASE tell me where I referenced a REPORT?? Or in any of my posts.

If you can't, please don't put words in my mouth and say something that I didn't.

Sorry if you feel I was trying to put words in your mouth. That wasn't my intention.

You referenced "initial autopsy" and I used the word "report". My bad. But you do reference reports - specifically toxicology reports .

Peace.

There is actually no proof what so ever that savannah actually used drugs and there still isn't. A dui could of been drink. She could of been drinking a lot as was going through a rough patch in life. She went to a bar and her mum said she was intoxicated, still could be drink. It is highly insulting for people to keep bringing up an overdose tbh. Savannah did not look like a heavy drug user at all. Also this just does not look like an accident. I don't know why people keep trying to pretend it does. If this was a differnet woman who went missing from somewhere else ie not a bar and was found in a shallow grave naked with her feet bound then would you be so quick to say it was an accident? People drink, and they don't normally wind up dead in a shallow grave after a night out. We don't have any proof that savannah was involved in any other substances.

We also have no proof she drank alcohol that evening and morning but her Mom said she was highly intoxicated. Looks like we're all assuming, even her Mother. Savannah may have drank water, juice or a soft drink at the bar or possibly didn't drink anything. Possibly she left with these three men to go have a weiner roast. or just chat. We're all speculating and David hasn't been charged with murder and Law Enforcement is still investigating. Hopefully we find out soon if LE is charging anyone with murder.

I would think that since her body was found naked and bound with tape, there is probably already enough evidence for the GJ to indict on some sort of murder charge.
I believe the Grand Jury would only look at the charges DS is currently charged with to determine if there is enough evidence to likely get a conviction and if so bring an indictment.
It's my understanding charges of murder would need to be added by the prosecution before the Grand Jury would consider them.

I believe the Grand Jury would only look at the charges DS is currently charged with to determine if there is enough evidence to likely get a conviction and if so bring an indictment.
It's my understanding charges of murder would need to be added by the prosecution before the Grand Jury would consider them.
We don't know what the prosecutor will present to the GJ. DS is being held on the current charges. Those charges were brought in my opinion just to get him in custody while the more serious charges are developed and presented to the GJ. I believe we will see some sort of charges related to her death in an indictment from the GJ (some degree of murder or manslaughter).

I would think that since her body was found naked and bound with tape, there is probably already enough evidence for the GJ to indict on some sort of murder charge.

Given the way in which her body was found, do you think it's likely the ME examiner was able to establish manner of death as homicide? If you don't want to give an opinion on this, I certainly respect that.

I'm not an attorney, but in the Laci Peterson and Caylee Anthony cases, manner of death was established as homicide, even though the ME could not establish the cause of death. That's not to say cause of death has not been established in this case, though some are concerned about that.

Given the way in which her body was found, do you think it's likely the ME examiner was able to establish manner of death as homicide? If you don't want to give an opinion on this, I certainly respect that.

I'm not an attorney, but in the Laci Peterson and Caylee Anthony cases, manner of death was established as homicide, even though the ME could not establish the cause of death. That's not to say cause of death has not been established in this case, though some are concerned about that.
I honestly don't know I can answer that. We simply don't know what the ME found. They could very well know COD, or they might not have a clue and are waiting for toxicology. But even if they do know, I think they will keep that from the public for now.

Take your pick. It is the sad reality of the world we now live in where gaggles of people online take joy in taking potshots at victims and insinuating they somehow were responsible for their own death.

The most hideous example I've ever seen is the Shanann Watts case and a year later, it still continues.

I was commenting on a poster saying "they" ( I assume DT ) will try to blame her death on herself. Not people on social media.

It seems many times in cases like this people state the victim was murdered even though the manner of death has yet to be determined. I read it time after time on this forum that the victim was murdered before the ME has even determined the manner or cause of death.

JMO
Agree -- I expect we will hear this is a homicide, and things will move from there.

Do we know if Savannah had a vaginal birth or a section? If she had a section then odds would increase she was still on some type of pain meds. Which in addition to not going out for a while, might also contribute to her not realizing her limits that night. Not just the alcohol but the combination of the two.

There are too many recent cases to list here where a murder victim's remains were discovered in the killer's back yard. I also want to know what happened and hopefully we'll find out soon.

I can think of a few myself. I cannot however think of any (serial killers excluded) where an adult victim was murdered in another location.... then brought to the killer's backyard and buried there. I can think of several where they were initially buried in the backyard and then moved...

SFSBM

If this was a brutal murder there would have been evidence of that seen during the initial autopsy. Which apparently there wasn't because we would have heard about it by now. If the ME is waiting on toxicology reports to determine the cause and manner of death, chances are the death was related to an overdose or some other unseen by the naked eye cause.

JMO

There may have been evidence during autopsy and we just didn't hear about it. The cause of death isn't final until toxicology is done anyway.

So even if they know she had a stroke, or was strangled, until toxicology comes back they aren't going to release that. There also may be additional charges based on toxicology so they may want to charge everything at once.

I also don't think they'd absolutely charge him the second they had proof of murder. He's already locked up, they can take the time to build their case. No need to be hasty.

Last edited:
My understanding for toxicology testing for the autopsy is, a preliminary tox test is done which shows if there were or were not drugs in the system. If it comes out negative they don't do further testing and the tox test would be complete. If it shows positive for drugs they do further testing which usually takes 6 to 8 weeks, depending on the testing needed to be done.

I would assume if they are waiting on toxicology testing to be completed she did test positive for drugs being in her system.

Do we know if Savannah had a vaginal birth or a section? If she had a section then odds would increase she was still on some type of pain meds. Which in addition to not going out for a while, might also contribute to her not realizing her limits that night. Not just the alcohol but the combination of the two.

I can think of a few myself. I cannot however think of any (serial killers excluded) where an adult victim was murdered in another location.... then brought to the killer's backyard and buried there. I can think of several where they were initially buried in the backyard and then moved...

There may have been evidence during autopsy and we just didn't hear about it. The cause of death isn't final until toxicology is done anyway.

So even if they know she had a stroke, or was strangled, until toxicology comes back they aren't going to release that. There also may be additional charges based on toxicology so they may want to charge everything at once.

I also don't think they'd absolutely charge him the second they had proof of murder. He's already locked up, they can take the time to build their case. No need to be hasty.

It's been said a csection but not sure if family confirmed that. I'll add some to this becuase I just realized one of my posts was deleted because it lacked verification so I'll say

To Savannah's Aunt, Did Savannah have a c-section or natural birth with the twins? If this question isn't allowed I apologize because at this time I don't understand why it wouldn't be alright to ask.

Is there a way I can see the post the Mod deleted so I can know what I said that he or she thought was against the forum rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova