GUILTY KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He did not show any remorse today. Through a trial, the highest sentence he could get was life w possible parole at 20. He could also file appeals. Because they couldn’t prove aggravating circumstances, that would be the highest. 50 was the next “best” option. Thank u all here for your support. His face popping up on the zoom camera was truly soul shaking. My only speculation is that he was protecting his family from having to testify. Or he figured he’d parol in 20. We will fight hard to prevent that.
You were amazing the entire time !!! Thank God he is behind bars . My opinion his father knew the whole time . I think he got a heads up from the forensics from Price Ct. JS - I believe he knew and helped David keep her hidden.

He did not show any remorse today. Through a trial, the highest sentence he could get was life w possible parole at 20. He could also file appeals. Because they couldn’t prove aggravating circumstances, that would be the highest. 50 was the next “best” option. Thank u all here for your support. His face popping up on the zoom camera was truly soul shaking. My only speculation is that he was protecting his family from having to testify. Or he figured he’d parol in 20. We will fight hard to prevent that.
You were amazing the entire time !!! Thank God he is behind bars . My opinion his father knew the whole time . JS - I believe he knew and helped David keep her hidden.

Last edited:
He is where he belongs. He won't find life a breeze in there. Well deserved, I'm happy he's outta the way.

I've been praying for the children that as they grow up they won't find much about what went on by looking online as there was no trial. Let them grow up happy children with family looking after them. When the time is right, family can explain.
@MarieWS you did the family proud, you've toughed this out to the end so far. Don't worry about parol in 20 sweetheart, WS will still be here for you.

I am disappointed that no charges can be brought against the men who were with Sparks, and shared videos.

And, I'd love to slap Sparks brother.

I followed this pretty closely as I have friends and family there. I didn't comment here much though. I don't know any details, but if you are speaking of JS, he passed away, in November of last year.

You were amazing the entire time !!! Thank God he is behind bars . My opinion his father knew the whole time . JS - I believe he knew and helped David keep her hidden.

I haven't posted a lot, mainly followed in the news, and popped in here now and then. I do not believe the parents knew, but, had I been them, I'd have had some concerns, just b/c of what was circulating. After the father found the body, he and DS called LE. The family has permanently closed their church for now. I have always had a theory about DS having had some help, but, it's a moot point now.

TY for the update about JS, rsd1200.

How awful for the parents. Do you know how JS died?

No, but I've not asked. I do feel that it was unexpected though, and no mention of an accident. Not much said at all. I feel for his family. JS, would likely have still been under probation or parole had he lived (just a guess from his last arrest info in 2018).

DS is being held in Muhlenberg County Jail. When the virus eases up, it's probable that he'll be transferred to a state prison. Long term prisoners are normally sent to one of the prisons in the state. His new look is a bit different.

No, but I've not asked. I do feel that it was unexpected though, and no mention of an accident. Not much said at all. I feel for his family. JS, would likely have still been under probation or parole had he lived (just a guess from his last arrest info in 2018).

DS is being held in Muhlenberg County Jail. When the virus eases up, it's probable that he'll be transferred to a state prison. Long term prisoners are normally sent to one of the prisons in the state. His new look is a bit different.
Thank you @rsd1200 for the updates. I often think of dear Savannah's children and the frightening reality of just how many women could have been DS's victim. :(

Thank you @rsd1200 for the updates. I often think of dear Savannah's children and the frightening reality of just how many women could have been DS's victim. :(

I don't personally know him, but one of his neighbors had said; he was the last guy you'd think of, to do something like that, but that's what everyone says when they arrest someone like him.

I personally think she was his only victim. If they hadn't caught him, I don't think she'd have been the last victim. He'd have learned from mistakes.

Thanks to all of y'all for following the case on here and documenting everything. RIP SS

I don't personally know him, but one of his neighbors had said; he was the last guy you'd think of, to do something like that, but that's what everyone says when they arrest someone like him.

I personally think she was his only victim. If they hadn't caught him, I don't think she'd have been the last victim. He'd have learned from mistakes.

Thanks to all of y'all for following the case on here and documenting everything. RIP SS
My message was unclear and I apologize. I don't think DS has other or unsolved victims either. What I meant to say was that every woman in the tavern that night was a potential victim of DS. He was a predator that pounced on the weakest link. I also agree that fantasy would no longer satisfy him and there would probably be others had he not been caught.

Just saw this:

LEX 18 INVESTIGATES: The case of Savannah Spurlock generated a firestorm of tips and public interest, but when David Sparks pleaded guilty to her murder in 2020, there were many questions unanswered.
We've now obtained the nearly 300-page investigative file, including interviews with the men who were with Sparks and Spurlock on the night of her disappearance. LEX 18 Investigates takes a closer look tonight at 7 on Evening Edition.

Interview in Savannah Spurlock case following disappearance

https://www.lex18.com/news/lex-18-i...-after-the-disappearance-of-savannah-spurlock

Hearing his voice is pretty disturbing. He is so calm and those jail drawings so spooky.
From the video with Sgt Frazee, I didn't recall that the family farm had been searched (with cadaver dogs) much earlier without results:

The six-month-long search for Spurlock included multiple agencies and spanned several counties, but ultimately her body was found buried and bound in a place police had already searched – Sparks’ parents’ farm.

“That's something that I ask myself still when I think about Savannah is how did we not find her?” Fraze said. “How did I not find her? I actually stood on the strawberry patch, like where it was, I can't answer that.”

In hindsight, Fraze said she believes that Sparks, who always kept a close eye when police searched, was particularly zeroed in on the garden during early searches of his parents’ property.

According to VINELink, DS finally transferred to his permanent DOC home in Wheelwright, KY earlier this year.

Custody Status Date Jan 03, 2022 09:05 PM EST

Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Southeast State Correctional Complex
Book Date Dec 17, 2020 12:00 AM EST

VINELink

FPD3Z88XMAEwb0g

On June 28th, #DavidSparks was messaging a friend about it being so hot, he was going to jump in the pool. On July 10th, he turned himself in for the murder of #SavannahSpurlock. The pool was 30ish yds away from where he'd buried her. He put her in his dad's strawberry garden.

FPD3e_ZXMAUgEH-

FPD3ic2X0AAoGMy

https://twitter.com/Ericevans89/status/1508985255721635842

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member