GUILTY KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Friday, Sept. 6th:
*Arraignment Hearing (on murder charges) (@ 10:30am ET) - KY – Savannah Marie Spurlock (22) (Jan. 4, 2019, missing-left “The Other Bar’ in Lexington; found July 10, 2019 @ Fall Lick Rd residence, buried on suspect’s parents’ property) – *David Sparks (23) arrested (7/11/19), indicted (8/28/19) with murder (while manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death to her and thereby caused her death) & charged (7/11/19) & arraigned (7/11/19) with tampering with evidence & abuse of a corpse. Plead not guilty. $500K cash bond.
*Indicted (8/28/19) with murder. Held on $500K cash bond.
1/19/19 LE spoke to 2 men seen leaving with her.
7/11/19 Update: Plead not guilty & appointed a public defender. Preliminary hearing on 7/15.
7/15/19 Update: Judge Bill Oliver found probably cause after a Kentucky State Police detective’s testimony. The case was waived to a grand jury, & Sparks is being held without bond. The judge said his bond will be reviewed. After hearing testimony Monday, Garrard District Judge Bill Oliver found probable cause to send the case before the grand jury, which is expected to meet Wednesday and could return an indictment Friday, 7/19.
7/19/19 Update: Judge orders gag order on case. Sparks’ case will be heard by the Garrard County grand jury on August 14. The grand jury will return indictments on August 16.
8/13/19 Update: The Grand Jury will not be hearing Savannah’s case on 8/14. Has been put to Grand Jury on 9/4. Could return indictment on 9/6.
8/28/19 Update: Grand jury indictment warrant was served on Sparks Wednesday (8/28/19) at the Lincoln County Detention Center and indicted on a charge of murder. He will be arraigned Friday, Sept. 6.

The not guilty plea is really no surprise, in most cases in fact.

I am happy that the wheels of justice are finally starting to slowly roll for Savannah and her loved ones.
I believe there will be a plea bargain once all the cards are on the table. It is not wise to plead guilty. I think they have enough of a confession to prove the murder even if he's weaseling around intent and what could be accidental. There will be more of a fight without a capital charge. It's easier to bargain with your own life on the line.

I believe there will be a plea bargain once all the cards are on the table. It is not wise to plead guilty. I think they have enough of a confession to prove the murder even if he's weaseling around intent and what could be accidental. There will be more of a fight without a capital charge. It's easier to bargain with your own life on the line.
What confession?

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article234790382.html

Privacy...I remember when we used to have that. Someone has taken that from our family and his own family. I’ll probably try to bow out of here more during the Justice phase. I really appreciate the respectful discussion on this page, and the outpouring of support you’ve given. I’ll chime in if I need to, but in general family is really stepping back per the prosecutor’s request.

SAVANNAH SPURLOCK CASE TIMELINE:

January 4: Savannah Spurlock goes out to a Lexington bar with a friend at about 10pm. It's the first time she has been out in months because she gave birth to twins in December. Her friend leaves the bar after the pair have a fight because Savannah wants to stay out longer.

January 5: She is caught on surveillance video leaving the bar with three men.

Savannah is driven to a rural home 40 miles away in Garrard County in the back of a car with two of the men while another vehicle driven by the third man follows behind.

She video calls her mother at about 2.30am saying she'll be home later in the morning. Savannah is not heard from again and her phone is switched off, or dies, at about 8am.

January 8: Police appeal for help looking for Savannah and the men she was seen leaving the bar with. They release the surveillance images of them leaving the bar.

They launch a wide scale search for her.

January 22: Police reveal they've located the men she left the bar with and are questioning them.

They execute a search warrant on a home in Garrard County that belongs to one of the men. It is believed to be the home where Savannah was last seen. Investigators seize a car from the property.

January 28: Police say they have questioned the men but no charges have been filed.

Search and rescue teams scour the area near the home.

February 4: Police reveal that one of the men told them she left the property 'later that morning' but do not say how she left. Investigators are unable to confirm this.

February 5: Searchers spend Savannah's 23rd birthday scouring corn fields and an area near a bridge in Garrard County.

July 10: Police say they have found human remains connected to the case at the home they previously searched. They searched it after receiving a tip about a foul odor on the property.

July 11: Police arrest David Sparks, 23, and charge him with abuse of a corpse and tampering with physical evidence. He is believed to be one of the three men last seen with Spurlock and lived at the property with his parents.

August 28: Sparks is indicted on a murder charge by a grand jury.

September 6: Sparks pleads not guilty to all charges.

David Sparks pleads not guilty to murdering Kentucky mom Savannah Spurlock, 23, | Daily Mail Online

Sparks is expected to be back in court on Nov. 1, but [attorney Erica] Roland said that due to the volume of evidence, the hearing could be delayed.

Sparks is being held in the Lincoln County jail. Judge Hunter Daugherty said at Friday’s arraignment that since Sparks could not afford an attorney, he would continue to be represented by a public defender.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article234790382.html

The Garrard County docket for 9/6/2019 indicates the following:

10:30 AM - Room C

19-CR-00078 COMMONWEALTH VS. SPARKS, DAVID
(ARRAIGNMENT)

1 0091500 MURDER
2 0502300 TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
3 0026000 ABUSE OF CORPSE

KCOJ Docket

The Garrard County docket for Friday, 11/1/2019 indicates the following:

10:30 AM - Room C

19-CR-00078 COMMONWEALTH VS. SPARKS, DAVID
(STATUS HEARING)

1 0091500 MURDER
2 0502300 TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
3 0026000 ABUSE OF CORPSE

KCOJ Docket

@Niner

David Sparks, suspect in Savannah Spurlock murder, maintains innocence at arraignment

No COD after 8 months? How can there be a MOD? This could be a real problem. jmo
Well, it has not even been two months since the autopsy.
They have not released the results yet, but I'm sure there is both a COD and MOD.
Sometimes there are specific reasons why they are not released to the public.
It can take at least two months for some toxicology and DNA results to come back. Imo

Almost every single day I hear on the news that someone has gotten shot or shot at in central Kentucky. It is almost like it has become accepted. And this is a high profile murder with a lot of people taking sides.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga
Back