Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 days after their birth? Dear whoever, this young mom needed help! Poor woman, poor babies? Where was her support? Her base? Her foundation? I am sooo terrified for her now! I was scared before...but oh, my, my twins and out 2 nights later. Not judging her, judging the people around her!

Her kids weren’t born 2 days before.

Natural delivery or C-section?

I don't know (would you even be able/allowed to drive that soon with a C-section???)... & I think the 19th because the dad posted newborn pics that day... so def not a for sure date...

C-sections typically require a four-night stay in the hospital. It’s a major surgery that requires monitoring, and trying to walk those first few days is incredibly painful. I can’t even imagine driving. Just sitting in the car on the way home on day four had me practically in tears.

That said, the alternative is pretty uncomfortable for a while as well. Does anyone know where she was going on December 21? There had to be a good reason for her to be out, IMO. Do we know if the babies were kept in the NICU longer than her hospital stay? Perhaps she was on her way to/from the hospital when she got stopped for DUI?

It isn’t so much whether they knew about the DUI, it is that she was out and about at all, instead of home with her babies. Nobody thought that was weird? What car did she take out drinking when she went missing? I assume hers was impounded and she was told not to drive until court? Did the babies get to come home with her? Did she have custody of them?

They don’t take your license here until sentencing. She would’ve sat in jail, been released, her first court appearance would be the Monday after she went missing. They would’ve likely automatically entered a not guilty plea and gave her time to find an atty and work out a plea deal at her next court date. At that date- they would’ve probably revoked her license since it was aggravated and worked out her hours for classes and fines. She could’ve also been given 30 days to serve or the option of home incarceration.

None of the custody information is factual and probably shouldn’t be discussed per TOS on this forum.

I have been following this since learning of it a few days ago, and have read all of the posts here, and several msm articles. I have intentionally stayed away from social media pages, bc they tend to be so brutal when people can hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard. I fear that this case may not have gotten the attention it deserves because of SS's perceived poor choices that MAY have at least placed her in a position to allow something bad to happen. It is easy for most people to feel the pain when someone like a Mollie Tibbets goes missing, who was, by all accounts, a wonderful university coed, well on her way to making a positive mark in the world, just out for a jog when she was abducted and killed. Or a Micky Schunick, another university coed just biking home from an evening out when she was bumped and abducted and killed. I think some people equate a person's worth with what they have, or are assumed will contribute to society. This young woman does not fit the mold some have of the "innocent" victim, and imho, that is incredibly sad. All life is precious, and SS's is no less that anyone else's. She is loved by many people, and I pray that she will be found soon, and if the worst has happened, and I fear it probably has, then I hope any and all responsible will be held fully accountable. JMO

People think she “should have been home” and so they’re disinterested? Doesn’t speak very highly of the area, then, because that’s particularly offensive.

I live in Richmond and I don't think people are disinterested. It's more like people are concerned, but they don't feel threatened so to speak. They don't feel like something/someone's terrible is lurking around here since she wasn't just taken off the street, and she is missing from Lexington, not Richmond.

I think the distance involved is a factor.

It's particularly offensive that you have chosen to group our "area" as in everyone feels that way.

That is clearly not the case or I wouldn't be concerned and posting on here.

It isn’t so much whether they knew about the DUI, it is that she was out and about at all, instead of home with her babies. Nobody thought that was weird? What car did she take out drinking when she went missing? I assume hers was impounded and she was told not to drive until court? Did the babies get to come home with her? Did she have custody of them?

BBM
Her mother let her use hers, and she lives with her mother.

Thinking if she just gave birth 2 days before, she may have gotten the DUI from medication not necessarily alcohol. She probably just would have been released from the hospital right? I'm not excusing driving under the influence of anything that impairs you, but maybe she ran out to the store for something, not necessarily went to bar and got drunk. IDK JMO

I was wondering about medications as well. Many people don't realize something is going to affect them until they've done something stupid.

Thinking if she just gave birth 2 days before, she may have gotten the DUI from medication not necessarily alcohol. She probably just would have been released from the hospital right? I'm not excusing driving under the influence of anything that impairs you, but maybe she ran out to the store for something, not necessarily went to bar and got drunk. IDK JMO

I think she had an aggravating factor, too. I'd guess her Ls got taken that day/night:

Some states such as Kentucky consider the level of the driver’s blood alcohol content (BAC) to be a potentially aggravating factor. Kentucky requires a higher penalty if the driver’s BAC was above .15 within two hours of operating the vehicle. Other aggravating factors are as follows:

Aggravating Circumstances (KRS 189A.010 [11]) Result in higher minimum jail time:

• Over 30 mph over speed limit
  • Wrong way on limited access highway
  • Causes accident resulting in death or serious physical injury
  • Alcohol level of .15 or more within 2 hours after operating
  • Refusal to submit to testing
  • Transporting passengers under 12 years of age
Kentucky Aggravated DUI

That said, the alternative is pretty uncomfortable for a while as well. Does anyone know where she was going on December 21? There had to be a good reason for her to be out, IMO. Do we know if the babies were kept in the NICU longer than her hospital stay? Perhaps she was on her way to/from the hospital when she got stopped for DUI?[/QUOTE]
If the mugshot photo is accurate, it was taken at 5:27 am...

They don’t take your license here until sentencing. She would’ve sat in jail, been released, her first court appearance would be the Monday after she went missing. They would’ve likely automatically entered a not guilty plea and gave her time to find an atty and work out a plea deal at her next court date. At that date- they would’ve probably revoked her license since it was aggravated and worked out her hours for classes and fines. She could’ve also been given 30 days to serve or the option of home incarceration.

None of the custody information is factual and probably shouldn’t be discussed per TOS on this forum.

Maybe it's different if your speeding.

When were they born, then? I saw an article from MSM posted upthread that said her twins were just days old. That came from MSM.

EDITED to add link from a couple of pages ago:

[UPDATE] Family releases new images of missing mom and pics of newborn twins born just days before her disappearance

From what I understand, the twin babies just turned seven weeks, this past week. I do not know the family, just guessing, by the dates I've read re; their ages at time of her disappearance.

Now, I'm confused. If there was a DUI arrest wasn't her driver's license revoked? Do we know where they found her mother's car?

I'll have to find the link, but, iirc, her Mom's car was found at SS's friend's house, in Fayette County. Not far from the bar area. She and the friend, switched vehicles there, and they rode with a male friend, to "The Other Bar". That's where SS met the boys from GC.

I'll have to find the link, but, iirc, her Mom's car was found at SS's friend's house, in Fayette County. Not far from the bar area. She and the friend, switched vehicles there, and they rode with a male friend, to "The Other Bar". That's where SS met the boys from GC.
Ok, so she went with two friends to The Other Bar, but left with strangers? Sorry, I am confused right now about this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova