Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can fight a speeding ticket. In my state you can hire an atty to fight it or fight it yourself, but you will not be provided a free atty.

A speeding ticket is a traffic violation.

A DUI and aggravated DUIs are criminal offenses.

Thats why you can be provided a public defender for a DUI and not a speeding ticket...

I am so very sorry for all that you have gone through since your rape. No one deserves this, male or female, young or old. That is a trauma that lasts a lifetime for many victims. Even those who did speak out when it first happened still suffer years later from it, so please don't beat yourself up because you didn't talk about it when it happened. I am just grateful that you survived!

Personally, I don't know just yet if she is a victim of anything or if maybe she just couldn't cope with motherhood. She is young, only 22, just gave birth to twins- that is overwhelming for any new mom, especially with two other little ones. I also read she had a DUI or is that information incorrect? Maybe she is just overwhelmed, her hormones are fluctuating (I am sure many of us mothers will nod their head when I say, it is so hard to recover from childbirth, especially if you have them close in age- so exhausting!) and just hopefully walked away for awhile, trying to sort things out.

I truly hope she is ok, I really hate the thoughts of her going out to have some fun for a night turning into something sinister happening to her. If she did indeed walk out of the house that night, where would she have gone by herself?

It's frightening that there is no sightings of her since that video. Prayers for Savannah to be found safe and sound soon.

Thank you for the kind words. The assault ripped my world apart, but you just have to find a way to carry on. After a near successful suicide attempt, I started therapy. I’ve been doing so for many years now. I agree about the fact that we don’t know if she’s a victim. I guess with so many signs pointing to something nefarious happening, I just automatically think of her as a victim. I pray I’m wrong. I would be happy to be wrong. I just want her to be safe. jmo

You can fight a speeding ticket. In my state you can hire an atty to fight it or fight it yourself, but you will not be provided a free atty.

Anyone who is charged with a misdemeanor or felony has the right to an attorney. For smaller traffic crimes, you don’t typically need one. For crimes that could end up with you doing some time or probation, you should have one. It’s even in the Miranda rights when you get arrested.

Anyone who is charged with a misdemeanor or felony has the right to an attorney. For smaller traffic crimes, you don’t typically need one. For crimes that could end up with you doing some time or probation, you should have one. It’s even in the Miranda rights when you get arrested.
WOW I learn something here every day. I suppose you would have to prove you couldn't afford an atty.

WOW I learn something here every day. I suppose you would have to prove you couldn't afford an atty.

This is something I'm not totally sure of. I'm guessing most people can't drum up cash for an attorney. Just depends on the case.

Like if it were a murder charge, most people couldn't afford an attorney for sure. But a DUI? You can get an attorney in Lexington to fight that for a flat fee of $600 lol.

You do have to prove you can’t afford one. More often than not, people prefer to hire an attorney just because public defenders get a bad rap. They also have massive work loads. Usually if someone is requesting a public defender, it’s a last ditch request bc they can’t find one affordable.

I am smh they did not get stopped for suspected DUI. So many LE out & about.

We don't know for sure that the driver was intoxicated. They could be regulars there, or, were, as SS's former bf said, out-of-towners, just in Lex, for some reason, and decided to hang out and watch the Cats (They embarrassed Vandy that night, as an aside), and stuck around. It seems a pretty long drive, just to barhop, but they are young and it was a Friday night, and the game was a home game, so Lex was probably hoppin' around/after the game.

We don't know for sure that the driver was intoxicated. They could be regulars there, or, were, as SS's former bf said, out-of-towners, just in Lex, for some reason, and decided to hang out and watch the Cats (They embarrassed Vandy that night, as an aside), and stuck around. It seems a pretty long drive, just to barhop, but they are young and it was a Friday night, and the game was a home game, so Lex was probably hoppin' around/after the game.

Right. I’m only surprised they traveled so far w/o getting stopped whether the driver was a DD or not. We have a lot of law on the roads at night.

That was the womens basketball game, they don't get a huge crowd :( It isn't that odd for them to come to Lexington from Girrard Co. because Girarrd Co is dry. They can't buy alcohol there and they also don't serve alcohol. A lot of younger people come from the surrounding dry counties into Lexington for the sole reason of going to the bars. That's why DUI rates are so high in those areas of the state. Madison Co, where Richmond is located, is considered "moist." The county itself is dry, but Richmond allows for alcohol to be sold in establishments that sell a certain percentage of food.

A lot of my friends from EKU would drive out to Lexington because there just wasn't anything to do out there. We were all 21 and older and wanted to go out. If they didn't come to Lexington, they'd come to Louisville.

I kept thinking they were all out Friday night because technically she was last seen on the morning of the 4th, which was early Friday morning. They actually went out Thursday night. I wonder if any of the guys worked that next morning on Friday and whether or not they showed up.

Years ago (2010ish) a couple on way home from Xmas party wrecked on slick rural roads. The husband was deceased at scene. Gasp.....his wife was missing. I can’t remeber how long it took for a local farmer doing a fly over his field with a grandkid as his passenger, spotted the woman, as did a news copter. She had left the accident scene, wearing her party attire & walked, presumably to seek help. Iirc, she only had one shoe on, when her body was found. Anyone remember this case?

Here: Woman disappears from car crash that kills husband

Now, the woman was found one mile from where she went missing:
Body of Illinois woman who walked away from crash found - CNN.com

I know SS and her group did not wreck but only wanted to point out the the risk of
exposure & the danger one encounters once off the beaten path.

Last edited:
That was the womens basketball game, they don't get a huge crowd :( It isn't that odd for them to come to Lexington from Girrard Co. because Girarrd Co is dry. They can't buy alcohol there and they also don't serve alcohol. A lot of younger people come from the surrounding dry counties into Lexington for the sole reason of going to the bars. That's why DUI rates are so high in those areas of the state. Madison Co, where Richmond is located, is considered "moist." The county itself is dry, but Richmond allows for alcohol to be sold in establishments that sell a certain percentage of food.

A lot of my friends from EKU would drive out to Lexington because there just wasn't anything to do out there. We were all 21 and older and wanted to go out. If they didn't come to Lexington, they'd come to Louisville.

And Lancaster is wet. It’s crazy, driving across county lines, wet/dry/moist......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member