Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know....to me those seem quite far especially when carrying a toddler or walking a stroller. But also, if I'm driving a truck, I would unfortunately have to park away from other cars to make sure I have enough room to move.
Good points. Also wasn't it raining? T also said she went to the cleaners which is on the left side of the Walker Rd Fred Myers (in this photo) in the shopping center. So did she drive to another parking spot close to the cleaners, come back to the truck after shopping to get the clothes & then carry them with the baby in the rain to the cleaners, or take it all in do the shopping & then go to the cleaners?

And it's obvious that there are spots further away from the store's front that also has no cameras close by.

Same here. Of course, she would have no way of knowing what would show up on a camera, since she never worked at either location.

It just makes no sense to bring your (still living) victim with you to the very place where you need to be seen to create your alibi.

Yes, this passage from the Morris book is a great example of how careless it is with the facts. It does seem obvious to me that at this point, almost a decade later, Desiree does not possess the full facts or any reasonable means to get to them.

This is false information, since from the very start, PTA president Gina Zimmerman testified to seeing Terri and Kyron in front of their project in the classroom at 8:15. This is not Morris being sloppy, but an idea Desiree seems to have gotten years later. At first she claimed it was based on "technology" (metadata, one supposes), but that is mysteriously absent from the book.

Yet, 9:12 is the specific time given on the receipt Terri got at that location, not the time she was spotted driving away. If it was the Starbucks drivethrough I suppose they could match.

This, however, is way off. The police have been consistent in saying Terri's shopping run ended at 10:10 or 10:15. This is inconsistent with leaving at 9:40, but Morris also fudges the time Terri arrives at the gym (it was 11:39, but the book erroneously says 12:20), expanding the time Terri was driving around unwitnessed from 90 minutes to almost three hours.

The idea that the video showed her leaving at 9:40 falls flat on its face when you realize that the ones who studied the footage put out this flier immediately after. Why on earth would they ask for sightings of the truck at 10:00 if the footage they themselves viewed showed it leaving at 9:40?

How on earth would Terri know the angles of the cameras and how to park so that they covered exactly what she wanted to show, and nothing more?

Well, I've clearly shown that this is wrong. There are places further away and they would not be deserted. Ridiculous hyperbole from Morris.

Sure, nothing is certain. But so much of this case (at least in the public perception) relies on there only being one single way of doing things ever, only one single way of thinking of things. Because if there isn't, pretty much all of Terri's actions that day are perfectly explainable.

It was interesting, reading the old threads in this forum. When Terri's reason for driving around with the baby came out, people scoffed. "Who does that? Obvious lie!" It took a few pages before commenters started speaking up. "Well, I do, actually." "It's not that uncommon." Similarly, when the photos from the FM parking lots became public (and showed Terri had been truthful about her locations) there was more scoffing: "Who would park that far away? She must have been trying to hide something!" and again it took a bit for others to chime in: "I do, especially when I drive a larger vehicle."

It takes a lot of effort and plenty of denial (and as the Morris book shows, a hefty dose of hyperbole) to make Terri's parking choices that morning suspicious.

<modsnip>

She took pictures with her phone, no? Only need one hand for that.

Well, first, that would likely depend on how long Terri was planning on staying at the school. For a whole day, a stroller might be useful, since there might be naptime involved.

But this is yet another case of there not being just one single understandable course of action.

OK, so there would be no problem putting her down for a little while? Then I see no reason a stroller had to be used.
As to the Starbucks being a drive through. I know Fred Myers has an inside Starbucks & the one outside of

In regards to the Starbucks. There was a Starbucks inside Fred Myers on Imbrie Rd and it's still there. But another Starbucks was built outside of the Fred Meyers after Kyron disappeared. So the only one T could've used was inside the Fred Meyer. You can see below. One has a drive-thru & the other is on the store.
Screenshot_20230201-200501_Chrome.jpg

Video:
Desiree Young called for the meeting in hopes the new sheriff will dedicate time and resources to help find her son, still missing after nearly 13 years.

Video:
Desiree Young called for the meeting in hopes the new sheriff will dedicate time and resources to help find her son, still missing after nearly 13 years.

Poor woman- perhaps, as in so many cold cases, they need new eyes on the case.

Video:
It's so sad to see a mother's anguish this many years (13) after their child goes missing. Watching her break up like that makes me think she doesn't have many moments she's not thinking about him, and is likely eternally sad. It's just awful to even think about.

I hope she gets the closure she needs, and that it heels her heavy heart. And soon.

I read somewhere that Terri was also seen on camera at one of the FM's talking to an employee, assumed to be asking about a specific medicine. Was there any confirmation that she did take the baby into the store?

None of the items on the receipt, including the medicine for the baby were found. She said the baby had a fever and that's why she was fussy and needed medicine but she was also allowed to put the baby in the public daycare at a gym when policy for daycares is not to accept a child with a fever within 24 hours.

Also, I read somewhere else that someone had seen the white truck, I'm not sure if it was confirmed that it was Terri, parked on one of the fire roads. Terri's excuse for that was maybe she had pulled over to change the baby's diaper. Does anyone know if that area has been searched?

I read somewhere that Terri was also seen on camera at one of the FM's talking to an employee, assumed to be asking about a specific medicine. Was there any confirmation that she did take the baby into the store?

Nothing about the CCTV footage from within the stores has been released, but a witness from the second FM spoke to Terri and confirmed she had the baby with her.

None of the items on the receipt, including the medicine for the baby were found. She said the baby had a fever and that's why she was fussy and needed medicine but she was also allowed to put the baby in the public daycare at a gym when policy for daycares is not to accept a child with a fever within 24 hours.

I don't think I've ever seen where Terri stated that the baby had a fever that morning. That stuff from the receipt wasn't found is only sourced to the Morris book, as far as I know, which I don't hold to be all that reliable.

Also, I read somewhere else that someone had seen the white truck, I'm not sure if it was confirmed that it was Terri, parked on one of the fire roads. Terri's excuse for that was maybe she had pulled over to change the baby's diaper. Does anyone know if that area has been searched?

Yes, that area was searched.

My theory has been that Terri took Kyron to the science fair, he thought he had a doctor's appointment, like the school did so he had no issues wjth going to the science fair and then leaving. From there they picked up De De and went to FM #1 with baby and Kyron in the truck with De De, all alive and fine. Then on to FM #2 with baby and Kyron fine and alive in the truck with De De. Then maybe Terri gave both kids the medidcation to put them both to sleep. They drove around until both kids were asleep, then stopped to dump Kyron somewhere. On the fire road maybe where De De stayed in the truck with the baby while Terri carried a sleeping Kyron, and possibly a shovel to somewhere off the fire road to bury him. Hopefully, suffocated or somethin rather than buried alive. Then took De De back to her work and them to the gym. IDK. What medication could she have gotten from FM #2 that FM#1 didn't have? What else did she purchase that they didn't find? These bother me.

My theory has been that Terri took Kyron to the science fair, he thought he had a doctor's appointment, like the school did so he had no issues wjth going to the science fair and then leaving. From there they picked up De De and went to FM #1 with baby and Kyron in the truck with De De, all alive and fine.

That actually can't be true. Dede was confirmed at her worksite at 9:00 am, which is when Terri arrived at the first FM. She also wasn't said to have been missing from work until 11:30 (her car remained on site all day) which is mere minutes before Terri checked into the gym.

Then on to FM #2 with baby and Kyron fine and alive in the truck with De De. Then maybe Terri gave both kids the medidcation to put them both to sleep. They drove around until both kids were asleep, then stopped to dump Kyron somewhere. On the fire road maybe where De De stayed in the truck with the baby while Terri carried a sleeping Kyron, and possibly a shovel to somewhere off the fire road to bury him. Hopefully, suffocated or somethin rather than buried alive. Then took De De back to her work and them to the gym. IDK. What medication could she have gotten from FM #2 that FM#1 didn't have? What else did she purchase that they didn't find? These bother me.

Apparently there was a tylenol recall at the time, meaning stocks were low in several stores.

Nothing about the CCTV footage from within the stores has been released, but a witness from the second FM spoke to Terri and confirmed she had the baby with her.

I don't think I've ever seen where Terri stated that the baby had a fever that morning. That stuff from the receipt wasn't found is only sourced to the Morris book, as far as I know, which I don't hold to be all that reliable.

Yes, that area was searched.
Curious what/why you don't find the book reliable?

Curious what/why you don't find the book reliable?

Well, it is clear that Morris has had very limited information, none of it from LEOs and most of it from Desiree. The latter is my issue, since she is relying on her own notes and memories (as per the book) and I don't think she has correct information - or memories for that matter.

There are two examples that stood out for me.

1. Desiree says in the book that her suspicion was first aroused when Terri told her over the phone she last saw Kyron by his classroom from the top of the stairs. Desiree claims that Kyron's classroom wasn't visible from the top of the stairs and when she said as much Terri supposedly changed ger story. But Desiree is just plain wrong. The door to Kyron's classroom was visible from the top of every staircase, including the one Terri has always claimed to have climbed. It's a straight hallway, no walls to block the sightline. Desiree had only visited the school a couple of times, so it's hardly strange that she was wrong about this, yet the book repeats her claim as if it was correct.

2. Desiree makes the claim that Terri was caught leaving the second Fred Meyer store at 9:40 am on CCTV. However, when the MCSO sent out the posters asking if anyone had seen Terri's truck at the second Fred Meyer, they specified the time as 10:00 am. Why would the MCSO ask people if they saw a truck in a place and time when they knew it wouldn't be there? In fact, all early information in the media claims Terri was there between 9:30 and 10:00. Desiree fudges the time in the other end as well - she says Terri claimed to have arrived at the gym at 11:39, while the gym said she signed in at 12:20. First of all, we know what time Terri claimed to have signed in since her emails leaked. She said she signed in at 11:20 and signed out at 12:20. In all the early media, 11:39 is the time given by the gym - which makes sense since it is exact to the minute. This fudging increases Terri's "free time" - the only time she could have committed the crime - from 1 1/2 hours to 2 1/2 hours, giving her time to get to Sauvie Island. Yet it is based on incorrect information from Desiree.

There's more, but these are the major two that tell me that Desiree fudged a lot of her info - probably subconsciously, due to her dislike of Terri - and Morris did little to no fact-checking.

Thirteen years is a long time, but for his parents it probably seems like it was yesterday that he went missing.

I followed Kyron's case closely from the beginning. In the early days (can't remember exactly how long, but probably 3 or 4 months in) the alarm woke me up when I was in a deep sleep during a dream. In the dream I was looking at a computer screen, at a newspaper article with the heading "Seven Year Old Portland Boy Found Alive." It was such a vivid image that I felt like I couldn't fully come back to reality. I jumped out of bed and went to the computer and did a news search for Kyron's name, but of course there was nothing new. During the day at work I checked periodically with no results. When I got home that evening I looked up the Portland daily newspaper online, and as luck would have it the full paper was available to read, so I was determined to read through it from cover to cover. It didn't take long, because on the first page was the exact headline I had seen in my dream -- "Seven Year Old Portland Boy Found Alive" -- but of course the article underneath the headline wasn't about Kyron. It was about a seven year old boy from Portland who had gone missing during a family camping trip, and had been found after 2 (I think) days. I'll never forget my feeling of elation when I saw the headline of my dream, and the let down feeling when I realized it wasn't about Kyron. Of course I was happy that the other little boy had been found, but I hadn't heard of him before that. I just wish I could see a headline now saying "Portland Boy Found After 13 Years" and it would really be about Kyron.

As the anniversary of the boy’s vanishing approaches on Sunday, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office has released an updated image of what Kyron might look like as a 20-year-old man, and they’re reminding the public of a $50,000 reward for information leading to a resolution of the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.
Back