Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, except with your last paragraph.
Didn't T send an email saying Kyron had an appointment that day? So his teacher wouldn't have been alarmed that he was absent?

Wasn't it that Kyron had an Dr. Appointment, then she blamed the teacher and her hearing?
Both of these are correct, iirc.

First, and very early on in the case, came the reporting of Kyron's appointment with the doctor on the 4th for petit mal seizure symptoms (only noticed by TMHV); however--wait--the appointment was really on the 11th but the teacher was deaf in one ear so must have gotten the dates mixed. (At some point, TMHV would change the reason for Kyron's doctor's appointment as involving possible sexual abuse).

A couple of years after Kyron's disappearance, Desiree explained that an email exists that TMHV sent to Kyron's teacher informing her that Kyron would be absent on the 4th. (This is also mentioned in the new book).

I believe it was in 2016 that Horman, herself, went on the Dr. Phil show using the deaf excuse as her own reason for failing one poly, walking out on the next poly, and failing a third poly--all administered by different FBI polygraph experts.

Hmm. Go figure, I guess.

I'm adding the following link as it highlights most of the new points that came to light in the book.

Snipped Quotes
1) Kyron's regular bus driver, along with a classmate and two of the classmate's family members witnessed Kyron walk through the school parking lot with [TMHV] and her infant daughter on June 4, 2010.

2) The book described how Terri Horman washed Kyron's jacket and backpack the day he disappeared.

3) Morris explained detectives outfitted Kaine Horman, Kyron's father with a wire to record conversations inside the family home, where relatives, including [TMHV], had gathered.

4) Police placed a tracking device on the family's truck.

5) Details the alleged circumstantial evidence surrounding Terri Horman, including claims she had emailed a friend the day before Kyron disappeared, saying she planned to leave Kaine and her marriage the next day and take her infant daughter with her.

6) The author claimed items purchased that day [June 4, 2010], including a bottle of Motrin, were never found.

7) The book also raised questions about an unexplained injury on Terri Horman's leg, a good sized gash below the knee. Horman said she dropped a weight on her leg at the gym.
Kyron Horman

Great post.
I have always believed Kyron was seen leaving the school, it sounds like there were multiple witnesses.
So with the evidence that Kyron was last seen with Terri, I speculate there was no arrest because either: Terri's Attorney Stephen Hauze's reputation or They wanted to bring Kyron home, in addition to convicting Terri. Or both? Or something else. What do you think, Truth Prevails?

Both of these are correct, iirc.

First, and very early on in the case, came the reporting of Kyron's appointment with the doctor on the 4th for petit mal seizure symptoms (only noticed by TMHV); however--wait--the appointment was really on the 11th but the teacher was deaf in one ear so must have gotten the dates mixed. (At some point, TMHV would change the reason for Kyron's doctor's appointment as involving possible sexual abuse).

A couple of years after Kyron's disappearance, Desiree explained that an email exists that TMHV sent to Kyron's teacher informing her that Kyron would be absent on the 4th. (This is also mentioned in the new book).

I believe it was in 2016 that Horman, herself, went on the Dr. Phil show using the deaf excuse as her own reason for failing one poly, walking out on the next poly, and failing a third poly--all administered by different FBI polygraph experts.

Hmm. Go figure, I guess.

I'm adding the following link as it highlights most of the new points that came to light in the book.

Snipped Quotes
1) Kyron's regular bus driver, along with a classmate and two of the classmate's family members witnessed Kyron walk through the school parking lot with [TMHV] and her infant daughter on June 4, 2010.

2) The book described how Terri Horman washed Kyron's jacket and backpack the day he disappeared.

3) Morris explained detectives outfitted Kaine Horman, Kyron's father with a wire to record conversations inside the family home, where relatives, including [TMHV], had gathered.

4) Police placed a tracking device on the family's truck.

5) Details the alleged circumstantial evidence surrounding Terri Horman, including claims she had emailed a friend the day before Kyron disappeared, saying she planned to leave Kaine and her marriage the next day and take her infant daughter with her.

6) The author claimed items purchased that day [June 4, 2010], including a bottle of Motrin, were never found.

7) The book also raised questions about an unexplained injury on Terri Horman's leg, a good sized gash below the knee. Horman said she dropped a weight on her leg at the gym.
Kyron Horman

Great post.
I have always believed Kyron was seen leaving the school, it sounds like there were multiple witnesses.
So with the evidence that Kyron was last seen with Terri, I speculate there was no arrest because either: Terri's Attorney Stephen Hauze's reputation or They wanted to bring Kyron home, in addition to convicting Terri. Or both? Or something else. What do you think, Truth Prevails?
I agree with your very first point--Houze's reputation.

The powers that be, excluding law enforcement, didn't have the courage to take him on. They let the pursuit of justice for a 7-year-old child slip away as they hid behind something they dubbed "the Casey Anthony effect." They chose the option that was in their own best interests.

I don't mean to imply that I think taking on Houze and achieving a guilty verdict would have been a cake walk. Quite to the contrary, actually.

But I think about this: she is alive and free today and able to torment Kyron's mother; a not guilty verdict wouldn't have changed that. We don't know where Kyron is or what happened to him; and a not guilty verdict wouldn't have changed that either.

How many of us believe Casey Anthony is innocent because the jury found her not guilty?

I think Desiree was really concerned because of the "double jeopardy" clause and believes that if they find Kyron's remains charges will finally be brought against her.

I'm not so sure about that now. After so many years, witnesses' memories fade; they become less reliable on the stand.

And Houze will still be her atty.

It could be like Hailey Dunn's case. We'll just keep waiting and waiting.

I know this comment is so negative that I should be ashamed of myself, but I've been around a long time now. I'm disgusted.

Maybe I'll change my mind tomorrow because someone takes their time to write a wonderful, positive comment in rebuttal. :)

I feel the same way as you Truth, I work cold cases everyday and it is frustrating to say the least. I hope Kyron is found alive, but if he is found dead, they have to prove she did it. You have to have proof, or a jury will not convict. So much time has passed and I think I would be doing the civil case by now, just to get something out of her. I know it's not justice, but maybe a civil case would get them something. IDK

No, I don't think you should appologize for being negative. I think you're being realistic. I agree with what you've said.
It's only been the last few years that I got on board with understanding that the Prosecutors in this case made mistakes. Until recently, I didn't know the sightings of Kyron leaving the school were as definite as they apppear to be now.
Now I understand why some have said since Terri was seen leaving with Kyron, that justified an arrest.
And it appears that some of the ladies on the FB sites, who bravely have posted under their own names, advocating for Terri's arrest, have been right about many things, IMO.
I continue to believe that Terri won't get away with this, and that Kyron will be brought home eventually.
And Terri? Where is Kyron?

The powers that be, excluding law enforcement, didn't have the courage to take him on. They let the pursuit of justice for a 7-year-old child slip away as they hid behind something they dubbed "the Casey Anthony effect." They chose the option that was in their own best interests.

I don't mean to imply that I think taking on Houze and achieving a guilty verdict would have been a cake walk. Quite to the contrary, actually.

But I think about this: she is alive and free today and able to torment Kyron's mother; a not guilty verdict wouldn't have changed that. We don't know where Kyron is or what happened to him; and a not guilty verdict wouldn't have changed that either.

How many of us believe Casey Anthony is innocent because the jury found her not guilty?

I think Desiree was really concerned because of the "double jeopardy" clause and believes that if they find Kyron's remains charges will finally be brought against her.

I'm not so sure about that now. After so many years, witnesses' memories fade; they become less reliable on the stand.

I know this comment is so negative that I should be ashamed of myself, but I've been around a long time now. I'm disgusted.

Maybe I'll change my mind tomorrow because someone takes their time to write a wonderful, positive comment in rebuttal. :)

I couldn’t agree more with you. I had a hard time with the double jeopardy concept when I first starting following some cases. Not that I didn’t understand it but that I was angered that no one was held accountable for a life lost, especially in the cases where a perpetrator is so obviously guilty. However, after becoming a parent myself, I believe I would want to be certain that if someone was guilty, they are convicted. The Casey Anthony case makes me sick to my stomach...and seeing the pain Kyron’s mom continues to go through, she deserves closure IMO.
Another difficult thing I found hard to accept was the lack of evidence even after finding remains in cases that had no resolution for years. How disheartening to finally find some closure only to realize the evidence is usually no longer detectable. It really does seem like some of the shows I’ve watched make it seems like every tiny fiber is a permanent fingerprint of the guilty (gotta laugh at my naivety sometimes).

I am unaware of the Hailey Dunn case but I am heading off to explore that now. Thank you for your post. Nothing wrong with being realistic.

I do hope you will keep looking for a live Kyron. I think it would be okay to share this now. Last year I ran across a boy who was his double. He was the right age, same type of glasses, even a freckle was in the same spot. So I did send it to them, it was run through facial recognition and it came back inconclusive. He was so close to Kyron's features, they couldn't rule him out. But of course we know it wasn't him because he is still missing. They did let me know the out come and we did converse on and off. We were all hopeful it was him and very sad when it wasn't. My point is, keep looking at kids you see on the internet, where ever. I still have faith, that a women who had to hire someone to kill a husband, couldn't kill a child. I pray she handed him off and hope that the person still has him.

Does anyone know if Terri took investigators on a ride to all these rural places she randomly decided to drive down on June 4th? I hope the FBI had her drive to all these places. Do we know the exact routes or any of the roads? And where did she pull-over exactly?

Last edited:
This is the longer version of the Dr. Phil interview or looks the second day, more than what's on youtube but one thing that really strikes me is how different Terri always looks. Sometimes brown eyes in some photos, then her body-builder photos are disturbing because she just looks like a different person and then those early photos of her and Kyron that she showed on the People interview and then how she looked at the infamous press conference—something I've seen before in people like Jodi Arias.

How is it a jury found her not guilty on the gun charge? She appears to have pretty solid luck sometimes.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Terri took investigators on a ride to all these rural places she randomly decided to drive down on June 4th? I hope the FBI had her drive to all these places. Do we know the exact routes or any of the roads? And where did she pull-over exactly?
Well, I believe the FBI did the driving, but they had her in the car with them re-creating the route, or trying to. This is another point Desiree briefly touched upon in the book.

It is said to be primarily in the area of where the good friend was gardening that day: the Germantown and Old Germantown Road area; then a little south to the Springville Road area where she may or may not have stopped to change the baby's diaper.

I think it's important to keep in mind that in the same time period her known cell phone allegedly pinged a tower north of Springville Road, in the area of the NW Cornelius Pass Road and Highway 30, (NW St. Helens Road).

How is it a jury found her not guilty on the gun charge? She appears to have pretty solid luck sometimes.
Apparently, the jury was "unsure if she intended to permanently keep the gun".

So, I guess the jury thinks it's okay to just borrow a gun if you're feeling paranoid or insecure on any particular day--as long as you intend to return it. After you have used it, I wonder? Hmm.

Solid luck? Nah, a good atty. I hope he charged her triple. And is haunted by the dreams of missing 7-year-child.

How do we get the same technology that was used on the Vallow case applied to this case?? I'll have to go look for it but I thought I read in one thread that phones that aren't on Sauvie Island ping there because it's the closest tower.....anyone know if this true?

I think it's important to keep in mind that in the same time period her known cell phone allegedly pinged a tower north of Springville Road, in the area of the NW Cornelius Pass Road and Highway 30, (NW St. Helens Road).

Is this close to the house?? Forgive my ignorance but which way does that creek flow? Towards Sauvie Island right? I noticed a lot of narrow bridges in that area but I doubt that creek would be able to move something very far. Also that road looks extremely busy but there are several offshoots that look to dead end. Surely they've searched those areas.

In Terrie's interviews, does this bug anyone else:

Dr. Phil: "So it would be fair to evaluate your conduct the same as any mother who has lost a child".

Terri stares and states firmly: "I've lost TWO".

ABC: "I've lost two children in two weeks. TWO children".

People: "I wake up and go to bed every night thinking of my three children and try to think of something positive, a memory something that is good about each of them".

Terri Horman, Missing Oregon Boy Kyron's Former Stepmom, Charged with Gun Theft

Just her comparing losing custody of Kierra to Kyron's disappearance is unnerving. I think Dr. Phil puts it the best: "You don't know if he is being raped and tortured and is lying cold and dead in a ditch somewhere". But she does know that Kierra is in a safe place and is being provided for. It shows her mindset and her resentment of Kyron. She doesn't want to put Kyron above Kierra even though Kyron could in human trafficking, dead or held captive in a basement somewhere. My thoughts and the priority would be with Kyron.

In Terrie's interviews, does this bug anyone else:

Dr. Phil: "So it would be fair to evaluate your conduct the same as any mother who has lost a child".

Terri stares and states firmly: "I've lost TWO".

ABC: "I've lost two children in two weeks. TWO children".

People: "I wake up and go to bed every night thinking of my three children and try to think of something positive, a memory something that is good about each of them".

Terri Horman, Missing Oregon Boy Kyron's Former Stepmom, Charged with Gun Theft

Just her comparing losing custody of Kierra to Kyron's disappearance is unnerving. I think Dr. Phil puts it the best: "You don't know if he is being raped and tortured and is lying cold and dead in a ditch somewhere". But she does know that Kierra is in a safe place and is being provided for. It shows her mindset and her resentment of Kyron. She doesn't want to put Kyron above Kierra even though Kyron could in human trafficking, dead or held captive in a basement somewhere. My thoughts and the priority would be with Kyron.
She also could have cooperated with the investigation and never lost Kiara. IIRC, she petitioned the court for visitation and was granted supervised visits. I want to say she either didn't fulfill some of the requirements, or didn't pursue because it wasn't on her terms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3