Kyron's Artwork

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It does look like a chipmunk to me also. I would need to need to know more about the drawing titled being named red squirrel if that was a fact or rumor. or LE made a mistake.

..... unsubstantiated rumor, since there has been no link provided. I just went back to look at as many posted pictures of it as I could find, no label on them anywhere yet.

jmoo

http://www.firstmistake.org/article_red_squirrel_survey.html
http://www.millermicro.com/chipmunk.html

Just sayin- squirrels have a completely different tail- fluffier. And, red squirrels are very red. I'm not pushing this point so much because of the differences, as much as that I just don't get the focus on analyzing a couple of pictures in order to bolster theories about who is thought to have abducted/killed a child. Especially when one of the pictures just plain is not related in that context.

I also do NOT find it relevant to the case but based on the links you provided, I would say his art is definitely closer to the red squirrel than the chipmunk. Rorry!

where do you live? I have some that I can bring over to join yours.

BTW-the chipmunk picture actually had a caption in a child's misspelled "red Squirrel". I saw it myself, but have no idea where it is.

If you'd like, I could bring over my neighbors, the Hawks & the Coyotes...:winko:

Wouldn't matter anyway. If done at school, the teacher may not have known the difference between squirrels and chipmunks, and told him to put a title on his 'red squirrel' drawing. Even if he knew it was a chipmunk, he'd have done it anyway.

I just don't get why, out of all of the really suspicious things in this case, people think these 3 drawings are more telling. And even if the picture was titled "I'm titling this picture Red Squirrel even though it's a chipmunk, and it represents my SM', that still has no meaning unless it also said "and, if I go missing, she's the one who killed me'. It is doubtful LE sifted through boxes of artwark to choose these 3 pics- no doubt the family had to choose them.

Kind of like how people looked at 64-something pictures of a happy, smiling Kyron, and then kept saying.... oh, that one picture where he isn't smiling just haunts me... and somehow taking that as proof of who/what happened to him.

As a certain famous doctor once said... sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Maybe there are acorns in the pic because chipmunks eat acorns. Maybe he's only holding one because he can't hold more than one at a time. Maybe the other acorns are up at the top of the pic near the leaf because acorns grow in trees.

That picture is NOT a red squirrel. We have red squirrels- that is not one. That is a chipmunk. This has been pointed out over and over, yet people still keep trying to make some like between this picture and SM having the nickname 'RDSQRL'. There is no corrolation.

I strongly disagree that it is reasonable to assume that Kyron, nor anyone else for that matter, knows the differences between squirrels and chipmunks very well if at all. As an intelligent and well-educated Oregonian who has seen many of both, I'm 100% certain that I've called them the wrong names. I also have to use a cheat sheet to tell crocodiles apart from alligators. And just yesterday, I asked a colleague to tell me the differences between blackbirds, crows, and ravens.

Some of us just don't know everything that other people know.

Additionally, we cannot say that the "stripe" in Kyron's drawing isn't his way of highlighting, as someone else mentioned.

Exactly, I know a 3 year old summer preschool class that I can walk into on Monday morning and hold up that picture and I absolutely guarantee you that every child in the room will say it is a chipmunk. There is NO CHANCE any of them will call it anything else. But, to each his own opinion. That is what makes the world so amazing!

jmoo

Interestingly enough, I also have a classroom full of preschoolers (mine are 3-5 years of age) that I could show the drawing to on Monday, and I'm as certain as you are that they would give me both answers. Just puttin' my own opinion, perspective, and :twocents: in.

I agree with that.
Can't decide anything without the full picture of his life and events surrounding his abduction/disappearance.

Excellent point. Everything looks different than it would in a different context.

My son, now an adult, went through a stage where he colored everything with black crayons because he knew it worried me. He thought it was funny. Although he is messy
(I will spare you the details of his dorm's appearance), he developed into a mentally healthy young man regardless of his crayon choices. :)
In other words, Kyron's choices may be meaningless, but I don't know.

LOL, so my eldest brother, in his early 50's now, had a teacher in his early school years who called my mother in because she was terribly concerned about my bro. For whatever reason, my brother was brought to the meeting, too. The teacher told my mom that she was worried my brother was disturbed or something because he only used black crayon.

My mom's response was, "Well, did you ask him why he only uses black crayons?"
The teacher replied she had not.
My mom said, "Son, why do you only use black crayons?"
My brother replied, "Because it's the only one that isn't broken."
:angel: All it took to solve that was a box of new crayons:)

Hi RubyRed, Thank you for starting this thread.

Sub-consciously it probably does. RS - color of hair and Kyron has a big bright sweet smile. I can see that the drawings were done by the same person; whether it was sweet Kyron or someone else. The use of the peace sign, feather, or leaf (I'm not sure what the item is) is in both drawings.

The peace-sign-type shape caught my eye, too, first in the drawing depicting some kind of squirrel or chipmunk-type animal (;)), then in the rays of the sun. I'm wondering if it's drawing technique or purposeful, or nothing at all and I just need to get away from my computer and go do something else :waitasec:

Great discussion here...and one last thing in my long post: Kyron is such a good little artist! He'd beat me in a drawing contest any day:) I hope today is the day he is found :pray:

His Squirrel has stuck out to me since I seen it and it makes me very sad for some reason... makes me want to cry.

am-red-squirrel.jpg

red_squirrel_MRS-2_500.jpg

red-squirrel.jpg

red-squirrel2.jpg

red-squirrel3.jpg

A very quick search of Google Images on 'red squirrel' garnered these photos. I, of course, do not know what Kyron felt he was drawing, but I believe it very well could have been a red squirrel.

RDSQRL

Here is the scoop. There have been invasive searches done about RDSQRL. And many people sleuthed that should not have been. Just because they have RDSQRL as their nick. Errors have been made linking the wrong RDSQRL. And sleuthing anyone is off limits at this point anyway!

Do you know how many Grams and Grands and Grandma nicks there are out there? I wouldn't want to be accused of something I didn't do because of my nick.....

The newspaper article stated the reason for the name is because of SM's red hair. Not that it relates to a story involving a squirrel. etc.

We are going full tilt off on this thread. The stories and the pictures are up for discussion.

Sorry Grandmaj..I didn't know for sure the nickname came from her hair color..I won't mention the book again or anything else you stated above as 'off-limits'.

The peace-sign-type shape caught my eye, too, first in the drawing depicting some kind of squirrel or chipmunk-type animal (;)), then in the rays of the sun. I'm wondering if it's drawing technique or purposeful,

FWIW, I've interpreted the peace-sign looking part as a method to accurately draw the leaf veins. I'm no artist, but used the same technique when I was a kid. I liked the symmetry of leaves and we always had a fall assignment to collect & draw fallen leaves.

File under 'sometimes a cigar is just a cigar'?

I am going to allow some discussion because Red Squirrel is the name of the story and her nik is close, although we do know that the reason is because of her red hair at least according to the newspaper.

I'm asking for responsible posting so that innocent people are not harmed. Red Squirrel is not totally off limits... be responsible and let's not start rumors here. If you post that In your opinion you think there is an association please MOO your post......

Thanks guys.

:blowkiss:

I think LE did a profile on Kyron and had their reasons for releasing the pictures they did.

Here is how I feel and what I see. Kyron was a cute lovable child who was very creative. Probably taking home things he did with such pride, wanting them on the fridge, like most kids do.

He had no idea that on June 4, 2010 life was never going to be the same. That on that stinking rotten day some selfish SOB, more than likely, took his life. Heartbreaking, just heartbreaking.

I am going to allow some discussion because Red Squirrel is the name of the story and her nik is close, although we do know that the reason is because of her red hair at least according to the newspaper.

I'm asking for responsible posting so that innocent people are not harmed. Red Squirrel is not totally off limits... be responsible and let's not start rumors here. If you post that In your opinion you think there is an association please MOO your post......

Thanks guys.

:blowkiss:

BBM

Thanks Grandmaj....for all your hard work!

Would this restriction on posting responsibly apply to making psychological proclamations about the mind of an innocent missing 7 year old???

Kyron_Sun.jpg

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

I have a question.:waitasec:

Was it writen somewhere by Kyron that this was the sun?
Because when I look at it, I first think of a joker
123582004695bwxc.jpg
which is something scary to me - kind of like clowns (some are scary looking and some aren't)

I strongly disagree that it is reasonable to assume that Kyron, nor anyone else for that matter, knows the differences between squirrels and chipmunks very well if at all. As an intelligent and well-educated Oregonian who has seen many of both, I'm 100% certain that I've called them the wrong names. I also have to use a cheat sheet to tell crocodiles apart from alligators. And just yesterday, I asked a colleague to tell me the differences between blackbirds, crows, and ravens.

Some of us just don't know everything that other people know.

Additionally, we cannot say that the "stripe" in Kyron's drawing isn't his way of highlighting, as someone else mentioned.

Interestingly enough, I also have a classroom full of preschoolers (mine are 3-5 years of age) that I could show the drawing to on Monday, and I'm as certain as you are that they would give me both answers. Just puttin' my own opinion, perspective, and :twocents: in.

Excellent point. Everything looks different than it would in a different context.

LOL, so my eldest brother, in his early 50's now, had a teacher in his early school years who called my mother in because she was terribly concerned about my bro. For whatever reason, my brother was brought to the meeting, too. The teacher told my mom that she was worried my brother was disturbed or something because he only used black crayon.

My mom's response was, "Well, did you ask him why he only uses black crayons?"
The teacher replied she had not.
My mom said, "Son, why do you only use black crayons?"
My brother replied, "Because it's the only one that isn't broken."
:angel: All it took to solve that was a box of new crayons:)

The peace-sign-type shape caught my eye, too, first in the drawing depicting some kind of squirrel or chipmunk-type animal (;)), then in the rays of the sun. I'm wondering if it's drawing technique or purposeful, or nothing at all and I just need to get away from my computer and go do something else :waitasec:

Great discussion here...and one last thing in my long post: Kyron is such a good little artist! He'd beat me in a drawing contest any day:) I hope today is the day he is found :pray:
Hi flourish,
Thank you, for your well thought out post. I can tell you are a wonderful, intelligent, and fair educator.

I love your story about your brother. LOL Thank you for sharing.

BBM

Thanks Grandmaj....for all your hard work!

Would this restriction on posting responsibly apply to making psychological proclamations about the mind of an innocent missing 7 year old???

Yes, I think that creates rumor..... We do not have any information to support those theories so no we should not be just throwing things out there wildly.

IIRC, these art pictures were released at the same time as a photo of Kyron in his soccer uniform. At the time, my thought was there was some type of connection between the items that would mean something to one person in particular but not sure about that anymore.

IMO, I think there is a time difference between the two -- maybe one at the beginning of the year and one at the end because, again, IMO, it looks like his drawing skills progressed as he got a little older.

As for any type of meaning, I'll give you an example regarding my daughter. She is an excellent artist and has been since she was younger than Kyron. In her early teens, she started doing a lot of paintings and was very good with all the minute details. One thing unusual in every single picture was that all the people were wearing sunglasses. If she had gone missing at that time and some of her paintings had been released, people would have had a field day about the meaning of nobody's eyes showing. In reality, it was very simple -- she had a real problem painting eyes but has since mastered it.

From Dictionary.com:

chip·munk   /ˈtʃɪpmʌŋk/ Show Spelled[chip-muhngk] Show IPA
–noun
any of several small, striped, terrestrial squirrels of the genera Tamias, of North America, and Eutamia, of Asia and North America, esp. T. striatus, of eastern North Americ

Origin:
1825–35, Americanism ; assimilated var. of earlier chitmunk, appar. < Ojibwa a&#269;itamo·n&#660; red squirrel, equiv, to a&#269;it- headfirst, face-down + derivational elements; so called from the squirrel's manner of descending trees

Yes, they are in the same family. (My mother has a Masters in Natural History). Problem is that they look different. Which wouldn't be a problem if people weren't trying to ascribe meaning to perfectly innocent drawings of chipmunks. Sometimes a chipmunk is just a chipmunk, or a mislabelled squirrel is just a squirrel.

Funny story, when my brother was little, my mom was called into school (this was about 40 years ago) about a picture my brother drew. He was supposed to have drawn a picture of his mother. They were worried because he drew a picture of a black lady with a huge pole looking like she was doing something violent. Which should draw flags, since my adoptive mother is very white.

Turns out, they had just built a new house built on hardpan, and my mother was having to use a metal throwbar to try to break through the hardpan in order to be able to plant trees. Sometimes a throwbar is just a throwbar.

Yes, they are in the same family. (My mother has a Masters in Natural History). Problem is that they look different. Which wouldn't be a problem if people weren't trying to ascribe meaning to perfectly innocent drawings of chipmunks. Sometimes a chipmunk is just a chipmunk, or a mislabelled squirrel is just a squirrel.

Funny story, when my brother was little, my mom was called into school (this was about 40 years ago) about a picture my brother drew. He was supposed to have drawn a picture of his mother. They were worried because he drew a picture of a black lady with a huge pole looking like she was doing something violent. Which should draw flags, since my adoptive mother is very white.

Turns out, they had just built a new house built on hardpan, and my mother was having to use a metal throwbar to try to break through the hardpan in order to be able to plant trees. Sometimes a throwbar is just a throwbar.

Just bouncing off your post.. I recalled when I was called into the school about my sons drawing..

In JK he was asked to draw a pic of his teacher who was native with long black hair (with a perm in it).

So, my 4 old drew a brown circle with then scribbled on top if it with his black crayon, when I say scribble, I mean scribble! She was horrified! So was I!! LOL ...
Special Education came down form the Head Office to observe his drawings.... they call him out of the class, have him come sit at a circular table. Then they test him... they lady directly across from him says " can you draw me a pic of your Dad" ( well I am almost pooping my pants casue he used a BLACK crayon to scribbe on the pic of his teacher) - BLACK is apparenlty BAD to these picture readers) so, my son then draws with a pencil a stick man upside down ( so that the person who asked him could see his Dad properly...
The lady to the right of him asked "can you draw me a pic of your Dad" - so he draws a stick man to the right (so she can see Dad properly_ same thing happend with the lady to the left of him - my son draws the stick man to the left) the lady asked him if his Dad was sleeping, my son rotates the pic to himself, and says "no" in the tone like she has lost her marbles..
THEN finally I say "*****, draw a picture of your Dad **note, I left out the word me* , well my son just drew a pic of a stick man "properly".

Well, to make a long story short, he was lablled a 3-d Visual Learner (2.5YEARS later) and has the ability to 360 an object with his mind (weird, I know)...

END of story: I was being "looked at" by Special Ed & school district, because my son used a black crayon... what he was doing was drawing the BACK of his teachers head!! The rest of the kids in the class drew her face..

I really don't like this idea of "reading into" pictures!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeybadger503
Back