Kyron's Artwork

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey Ruby -

Is that the bridge project you're showing us up there?

If so ... more help apparent.

Again, fine with me. A lucky child to who has parents working beside him to make his school project learning more meaningful...

This one, if Kyron's, might have more Kaine in it too! LOL. :D

Seriously he is sooooo cute. Wanna hug him and tell him - "Nice bridge, Kyron" !

Hi Emma, yes that is the bridge project. Poor little guy, my heart breaks for him.

Ok, since we are analyzing.

I just have to say that one feature of Kyron’s exhibit is curious to me.

The frogs are engaged in amplexus, a mating embrace. Frogs do an external fertilization so when the female releases the eggs into the water the male sheds sperm over the eggs.

I noticed it right away but since TMH sexualized behaviors have been discussed I wondered if she thought of it as a private joke. Obviously the exhibit is not the work of a child.

I do live in a very conservative part of the country so maybe you all aren’t so repressed out there! I have helped with many an elementary science exhibit and usually reproduction is discreetly mentioned with the act, so to speak, not depicted :blushing:

All IMO

Most respectfully, I am not this repressed and do not blush to say it. ;) LOL! In fact, I think it would have been remiss in an IB Inquiry to leave out the reproductive cycle of the frogs or to deal with it obliquely. It is probably even required in the guidelines. This is standard PBS Nature stuff.

Just to bounce off your post regarding the book. In light of Kristian Horman's statement of being sexually abused by his grandfather, the website of these stories gives me the creeps.....all about secret places, hiding places, etc. The author is Kaine and Kristian's father, correct? Does anyone else find this website suspicious or do I need a vacation from WS? :) JMOO

In the circumstances of Kyron being missing I was a bit :waitasec: about a reference to some creatures who liked to befriend children behind their adults backs. It could be completely innocent, of course children would love a secret bunny friend, but in the context of missing children and sexual abuse allegations it reminded me of grooming.

That tree painting looks more in line with what my son who is Kyron's age produces but does it look a bit like it's paper cutouts of different color glued on another paper? If it's made with that technique then it couldn't be as detailed as his drawings anyway.

Edit: No, I just noticed a more detailed photo in the thread. At least the green blotches are paint. But painting with a big brush wouldn't give you much detail either.

That picture is NOT a red squirrel. We have red squirrels- that is not one. That is a chipmunk. This has been pointed out over and over, yet people still keep trying to make some like between this picture and SM having the nickname 'RDSQRL'. There is no corrolation.

I am SO glad you said that. I thought I was going nuts. Also, it doesn't appear red to me, it looks brown. :waitasec:

While it could be a chipmunk, and looks like one, it's fluffy tail resembles those of the squirrels who live in my trees. Just sayin'...

30912_1486164435128_1264414625_1357.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10003676-17.html?tag=page

FWIW, I just finished a the first week of an art camp I do in the summer, with kids who will be going INTO the 3rd grade. When drawing with pencils, crayons, etc, many kids have the dexterity to make a more detailed drawing, with tighter lines, and more detail. When we did paintings later in the week, some of the kids that produced detailed sketches and drawings weren't as controlled with their paintbrush.

You also have to take into account the materials used. If it was tempera (which i suspect) it could have been powdered tempera, which was mixed to a consistency that made it hard to produce a more detailed painting. Or he could have been given a large foam brush to use...

the materials used in the work can play a pretty big role there.

Just throwing that out there.

The frogs are engaged in amplexus, a mating embrace. Frogs do an external fertilization so when the female releases the eggs into the water the male sheds sperm over the eggs.

I noticed it right away but since TMH sexualized behaviors have been discussed I wondered if she thought of it as a private joke. Obviously the exhibit is not the work of a child.

OMG, my brain just exploded. I'm leaving this thread because I don't want to dream of frogs having sex later. :crosseyed: This is way more than I anticipated when I began reading about red squirrels. :eek: :floorlaugh:

Hi Emma, yes that is the bridge project. Poor little guy, my heart breaks for him.

I was just looking at how deep in thought he seemed to be and those precious lips of his...oh, I feel the tears coming! I tell you this case has really rocked me to my core!:frown:

The bridge project really looked to me like Dad had probably helped.

I cannot help myself- please don't lament your child's artwork- I am sure it's good, LOL.

Lamination, yeah, that works for kind of short-term saving. After a few years though, the adhesive tends to separate and bubbles appear- plus, you can't remove it without ruining the picture. I recommend framing of anything you want to keep longterm. Spray the surface with a fixative first. I am guessing the laminated pics were done in class.

I had no idea about this; thanks for this information. Now I am sad about some 'artwork' my son has drawn that is laminated. :(

Wouldn't matter anyway. If done at school, the teacher may not have known the difference between squirrels and chipmunks, and told him to put a title on his 'red squirrel' drawing. Even if he knew it was a chipmunk, he'd have done it anyway.

I just don't get why, out of all of the really suspicious things in this case, people think these 3 drawings are more telling. And even if the picture was titled "I'm titling this picture Red Squirrel even though it's a chipmunk, and it represents my SM', that still has no meaning unless it also said "and, if I go missing, she's the one who killed me'. It is doubtful LE sifted through boxes of artwark to choose these 3 pics- no doubt the family had to choose them.

Kind of like how people looked at 64-something pictures of a happy, smiling Kyron, and then kept saying.... oh, that one picture where he isn't smiling just haunts me... and somehow taking that as proof of who/what happened to him.

As a certain famous doctor once said... sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Maybe there are acorns in the pic because chipmunks eat acorns. Maybe he's only holding one because he can't hold more than one at a time. Maybe the other acorns are up at the top of the pic near the leaf because acorns grow in trees.

BBM

Thank you for this post, glorybug! I feel exactly the same way. I think everyone here loves him so much and wants nothing more than to see justice served, that they are making sure nothing is overlooked, for fear its important.

Watching my son draw and color pics, I can say sometimes he just doesn't feel like finishing coloring a picture. Sometimes he colors neat and mostly within the lines, and other times his coloring is more 'scribbling' and less attention to staying in the lines - simply because he is just not in the mood to do so at that time. Nothing more, nothing less. He did a drawing the other day of frogs in a lake. Looked like scribbles and a few lilly pads stuck in for good measure, and then his frogs. But it was what he wanted to draw and how he wanted to express himself. Who am I to tell him he needs to color it in? Kids have their own definitions of what 'finished' means, when it comes to their artwork. Like the saying goes, 'Remember that you learn more from your child than your child learns from you.'

I think sometimes we easily forget that kids are little people, and like adults, they have moods like we do, and like adults, they don't always feel like doing certain things, and that it reflects in their work, just as it does in adults.

what concerns me the most...Kyron was so excited about his project...he wanted to so show this to his FAMILY and friends...and there we go.....nuff said!

This reminds me of an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. Their son wrote a story called The Angry Family and the Barone's picked it apart, believing it was about them, feeling guilty and pointing fingers at each other.

Come to find out, The Angry Family was based on one of the boy's favorite cartoons. That's all it was. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0574233/#comment

Michael writes a story that he presents at open house in front of all the other parents. Ray, Debra, Ray's parents and Robert are horrified when they they see the title of it: "The Angry Family". Michael goes on to tell about how the mom yells, and the grandparents argue and so forth. The family sits horrified as they realize Michael is airing their dirty laundry in front of everyone. They quickly leave the open house with Michael, only to get a call later from the teacher because they missed the conference that was scheduled for after open house.

They arrange to meet the teacher next day, and promptly Debra begins talking about the book, and that it really wasn't about them. But before you know it, she starts blabbing about what she has to deal with, and her in-laws live across the street and never leave them alone and who wouldn't crack under that kind of pressure. The teacher is speechless and suggests they go to counseling.

The counseling session with the priest is hilarious as each of the Barone family members take a crack at defending themselves or accusing the others. They all leave the counseling session feeling guilty and taking home all kinds of parenting help books from the priest.

The best part is the twist at the end. Ray and Debra are reading the parenting books in bed when Michael comes in. After they mention "The Angry Family" book he did, he tells them its about a funny cartoon show he watches - so it was never about the Barones in the first place! But he sure had everyone jumping through hoops!

That picture is NOT a red squirrel. We have red squirrels- that is not one. That is a chipmunk. This has been pointed out over and over, yet people still keep trying to make some like between this picture and SM having the nickname 'RDSQRL'. There is no corrolation.

Or google Oregon's golden mantled ground squirl.

This reminds me of an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. Their son wrote a story called The Angry Family and the Barone's picked it apart, believing it was about them, feeling guilty and pointing fingers at each other.

Come to find out, The Angry Family was based on one of the boy's favorite cartoons. That's all it was. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0574233/#comment

I don't read anything sinister into any of Kyron's artwork. He's got talent. Seven year old boys are notorious for being fascinated with worms. He's very good. My sons who are now middle-aged have their halls adorned with their childhood art. It's hilarious. Anyone could pick any family apart based on their children's art I think.

I wouldn't attempt to analyze or find hidden clues from Kyron's three pictures shown on this thread. It's possible that they were randomly selected to depict Kyron's talents. There are no dates or location where art work was done. The pictures allow us to peek inside Kyron's past, but may a sad bitter reminder that Kyron was robbed of a future.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0
Back