Kyron's doctors appointment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I looked at the gym myth being busted and in that article there is NO REFERENCE by Jaymie Finster to a conversation in the gym.

But this is maybe worse.

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day. Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.

She doesn't know if the teacher understood her. Now that is really something.

OK. I looked at the gym myth being busted and in that article there is NO REFERENCE by Jaymie Finster to a conversation in the gym.

But this is maybe worse.

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day. Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.

She doesn't know if the teacher understood her. Now that is really something.

I don't know about any hearing issues the teacher may have, but it's been established that she was definitely not in her first year of teaching. She wasn't a new teacher at the school, either. She posted in the school blog in 2008. (See Mythbusters thread)
I think Terri was lying to her friend ,in part or entirely, about this situation.

I'm perplexed as to why this thread is so long with so much speculation. IIRC, after Kaine and Desiree started holding the press conferences (the ones where there were rules) , I think the second one, they were asked about the doctor's appointment and said that Terri was vague about it and they had no information about it.

Maybe TH just say "had a hard time hearing me" and it was misinterpreted. Who knows?

I'm also having a difficult time understanding why, if there was paperwork involved in this Dr's appt, wouldn't Kaine and Desiree also have knowledge of its existence? It seems yet another aspect of their child's life they delegated to Terri to handle and didn't bother to stay informed.

If they did have information regarding it, why would they make it seem as though they didn't? What purpose does that serve?

I'm perplexed as to why this thread is so long with so much speculation. IIRC, after Kaine and Desiree started holding the press conferences (the ones where there were rules) , I think the second one, they were asked about the doctor's appointment and said that Terri was vague about it and they had no information about it.

What does that mean to you?

For me, it's the underpinning of all of this.

It's such a perfect way to get him out of the school with no one the wiser.

Lots of nice confusion.

I'm also having a difficult time understanding why, if there was paperwork involved in this Dr's appt, wouldn't Kaine and Desiree also have knowledge of its existence? It seems yet another aspect of their child's life they delegated to Terri to handle and didn't bother to stay informed.

If they did have information regarding it, why would they make it seem as though they didn't? What purpose does that serve?

I dont understand why the need to keep knocking the parents to be honest. One thing that can be said for both of them is that neither was the last known person to see a child before it disappeared.

Maybe quite simply there was never any appointment and therefore the parents couldnt have known. Or maybe an appointment had been made for the following week which they did know about..and of course...maybe they simply have been told to not say yes or no regarding was any appointments booked for Kyron.

For me, it's the underpinning of all of this.

It's such a perfect way to get him out of the school with no one the wiser.

Lots of nice confusion.

The Dr. appt. is one of the sticking points for me, too, since there has been & continues to be so much mystery surrounding it. It's one of the few things in this case that causes me to have suspicion of TH's possible involvement.

To me, this may (or may not be) a crucial element. IMO, it all falls back to whether there was indeed a communication issue, and if there was, was the lack of clarity purposeful or unintentional?

But I think it would be difficult to prove one way or the other, even if a Dr. appt. had actually been scheduled for the 11th. The teacher may remember hearing one thing, but TH may remember saying something else.

That may get back to Kaine's quote about questioning when the appointment was made.

I wonder where the idea of "paperwork" came from. I haven't read that anywhere but in here. Likewise the mention of ADHD or similar things. I haven't read anything from a reputable source about Kyron having any disorder other than poor eyesight.

That isn't saying that he didn't have a type of learning problem, but except for KH's mention that they were working on having him listen better, I've seen nothing definite in any news report.

One more thing...I don't think paperwork completed by the teacher is necessary for a routine checkup or booster shot.

I wonder where the idea of "paperwork" came from. I haven't read that anywhere but in here. Likewise the mention of ADHD or similar things. I haven't read anything from a reputable source about Kyron having any disorder other than poor eyesight.

That isn't saying that he didn't have a type of learning problem, but except for KH's mention that they were working on having him listen better, I've seen nothing definite in any news report.

One more thing...I don't think paperwork completed by the teacher is necessary for a routine checkup or booster shot.

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

Paperwork may be requested for eye appointments. For example, the teacher may be asked if the child can see the writing board, if the child has to be moved to the front of the room to see it, if the child has trouble reading books - has to hold the book close to their face to see it, etc.

The only medical related information I've seen confirmed is bad eyesight and bee sting allergy.

Better question, imo, is if there *was* an appointment, why didn't she tell KH and DY about it. Obviously, she's the one that made the appt. If, in fact, an appt. was made.

And what exactly is TH supposed to do all day if it's not to take care of issues pertaining to the children like dr. appt's and related paperwork? Especially paperwork that would need to be delivered to and picked up at the school where she volunteered so often, during hours when the other parents would have been working.jmoo

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

Paperwork may be requested for eye appointments. For example, the teacher may be asked if the child can see the writing board, if the child has to be moved to the front of the room to see it, if the child has trouble reading books - has to hold the book close to their face to see it, etc.

The only medical related information I've seen confirmed is bad eyesight and bee sting allergy.

In learning style/disability assessments in good California school districts, I've seen whole forms that go to the teacher, counselor, and other frequent student contacts to help pinpoint learning disabilities. The respondent mails them in directly to the doctor or psychologist. They help assess behavior in different settings. This process can be very stressful for the managing parent; many parents give up or don't even get this far, and the kid loses. It's a big responsibility to advocate for a child who is a different kind of learner. Desiree and Tony would have been good to include in the assessment survey. If these forms related to assessing learning, all parents should have known about it and been involved.

IMO

Not only did Kaine and Desiree not seem to know about the doctor's appointment, but they also were not aware of the talent show on the afternoon of June 4, if there was one. I can appreciate that Desiree might not be privy to absolutely every bit of information about Kyron because he wasn't with her on a daily basis, but it seems as if Kaine was also somewhat aloof in matters regarding his son. jmo

In learning style/disability assessments in good California school districts, I've seen whole forms that go to the teacher, counselor, and other frequent student contacts to help pinpoint learning disabilities. The respondent mails them in directly to the doctor or psychologist. They help assess behavior in different settings. This process can be very stressful for the managing parent; many parents give up or don't even get this far, and the kid loses. It's a big responsibility to advocate for a child who is a different kind of learner. Desiree and Tony would have been good to include in the assessment survey. If these forms related to assessing learning, all parents should have known about it and been involved.

IMO

Good points. If the assessment was for ADHD, ALL parents should have been included.

I know KH stated he did not know what the appointment was about. I also believe that DY stated the same at a press conference.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24151901/detail.html

Looks like everybody's decided Kyron has ADD/ADHD, and that's what the papers were for? What's that based on? All I've seen for medical problems is eyesight and bee allergy.

Looks like everybody's decided Kyron has ADD/ADHD, and that's what the papers were for? What's that based on? All I've seen for medical problems is eyesight and bee allergy.

Who's decided that Kyron had ADD/ADHD? Not me, to be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCO