Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but what has presumably happened is unfathomable to the majority, thus not usually considered. Especially when someone is so seemingly deceptive, or attempting to be. Beating themselves up is not a luxury either parent can afford right now. All emotional bandwidth should be focused on discovery and justice. Opinion only.

From the various public comments DY has made over the past few weeks, it really isn't with herself that she is placing the brunt of blame. She's the parent who is still actively searching for her son.

JMO

Oh I think Desiree does beat herself up constantly. I think she'll never forgive herself for letting Kaine have residence of Kyron. I think she blames herself for not taking Kyron back after her medical problems got better. I can understand why she left Kyron where he appeared to be settled.

She's doing what I think most parents would do, and is desperately searching for him. I hope that she gets closure and very very soon. She needs to know what has happened to her precious son.

Oh I think Desiree does beat herself up constantly. I think she'll never forgive herself for letting Kaine have residence of Kyron. I think she blames herself for not taking Kyron back after her medical problems got better. I can understand why she left Kyron where he appeared to be settled.

She's doing what I think most parents would do, and is desperately searching for him. I hope that she gets closure and very very soon. She needs to know what has happened to her precious son.

BBM. There is no reason for her to blame herself or forgive herself. Regaining custody after you've signed off on it isn't that easy. There has to be a significant change in circumstances but those "changes" were withheld from DY. I think DY's emotion is anger and it will be with her for a very long time. I hope she finds Kyron so at least she'll have peace.

JMO

Picture I took in 2010 looking in the EAST side door of school.
On the Dr Phil show the same map (below was shown) and it was said that you cannot see his classroom door from that door.
??
Just something that has been nagging at me..

Map of school

*on Dr Phil it shows classroom as 209 -note picture does not clearly show doors down hall but I cannot see the "wall" that was referenced.
(video here http://drphil.com/shows/show/2069/ the one that says he would never leave the school on his own)

added screen grab from Dr Phil

From the various public comments DY has made over the past few weeks, it really isn't with herself that she is placing the brunt of blame. She's the parent who is still actively searching for her son.

JMO

Actually that's not true - she does say that she will never forgive herself for not fighting to get Kyron to live with her. And she specifically says that she does not blame Kaine for Kyron's disappearance. She says she felt "we" failed him, meaning she and Kaine. Let's not twist her words. Clearly neither of them could have predicted what happened and neither are actually to blame, but it's understandable that they would feel the guilt any loving parent would feel in this case. DY says she does blame Terri Horman, who, as you said, has never actively searched for Kyron the way Kaine, Desiree and of course LE have.

Picture I took in 2010 looking in the EAST side door of school.
On the Dr Phil show the same map (below was shown) and it was said that you cannot see his classroom door from that door.
??
Just something that has been nagging at me..

Map of school

*on Dr Phil it shows classroom as 209 -note picture does not clearly show doors down hall but I cannot see the "wall" that was referenced.
(video here http://drphil.com/shows/show/2069/ the one that says he would never leave the school on his own)

I don't know what this means other than I am into factual things.

It sat wrong with me when I watched Dr Phil so I drove up to the school a bit ago to look again, when you look down the hall from the steps (even at bottom) at the EAST end you can see all the way to the west end (no wall)- the bright lights are the windows that are ABOVE the WEST door, the stairs go DOWN to the WEST entrance.

Again not saying anything here other than I just don't see a wall in the way to prevent someone from seeing if he walked to his classroom, according to the map (on Dr Phil) of where the classroom was indicated, Room 209.

I did see a 2nd grade classroom back in 2010 that was in the back by the playground and it was either classroom 217 or classroom 215.
Going to that area you would have to go around the corner to the right from the east entrance.
I have a picture of that room looking in the door that you would enter from the playground area.

Perhaps the map on the Dr Phil show was wrong indicating his classroom was 209?

Anyway it was nice to get out for a short drive while we had a break from the rain.

*here is Dr Phil's map of school showing his classroom as 209

This is a picture of the "other"? 2nd grade classroom, was hard to take a pic of thru the door it was taken 7/11/2010.

The door I took a picture of it through was facing the playground (east side of school) room
217 now that I look at it.

This is the door that I took above picture through (furthest to the right)
room 217 Marked 2nd grade back in 7/2010.

Here is a screen grab from the Dr Phil show.

Perhaps the room #209 was incorrect?
If his room was 217 it makes sense you could not see him from the EAST entrance at the top of the stairs by his classroom

Thank you all for my rambling about the room.
It was bothering me, as if the room #209 correct as shown on Dr Phil. there is no wall to block the view from the East entrance.

OR maybe Dr Phil or whoever got the room # wrong.

Does ANYBODY remember any links saying what his room number was?? TIA

Pay attention to those nagging feelings freefallzzzz. It's just little tidbits cobbled together that can sometimes result in a break in a case!

Pay attention to those nagging feelings freefallzzzz. It's just little tidbits cobbled together that can sometimes result in a break in a case!

Oh this has nothing to do with a break in the case, it's just bothering me that information put out there doesn't make sense.
I have full confidence that LE and FBI already know all this. -)

Or....I'm just not understanding this she couldn't see him reference.

I don't know what this means other than I am into factual things.

It sat wrong with me when I watched Dr Phil so I drove up to the school a bit ago to look again, when you look down the hall from the steps (even at bottom) at the EAST end you can see all the way to the west end (no wall)- the bright lights are the windows that are ABOVE the WEST door, the stairs go DOWN to the WEST entrance.

Again not saying anything here other than I just don't see a wall in the way to prevent someone from seeing if he walked to his classroom, according to the map (on Dr Phil) of where the classroom was indicated, Room 209.

I did see a 2nd grade classroom back in 2010 that was in the back by the playground and it was either classroom 217 or classroom 215.
Going to that area you would have to go around the corner to the right from the east entrance.
I have a picture of that room looking in the door that you would enter from the playground area.

Perhaps the map on the Dr Phil show was wrong indicating his classroom was 209?

Anyway it was nice to get out for a short drive while we had a break from the rain.

I was bothered by that statement, too! Glad you checked it out. Been combing the archives for the room number; can't find it. For some reason, I thought Ky's home room was 213, but then ... my brain is swiss cheese, so what do I know!

It was bothering me, as if the room #209 correct as shown on Dr Phil. there is no wall to block the view from the East entrance.

:tyou: for these photos !

These were very helpful !

:seeya:

So now there are TWO of us rambling about that room number. Just found a 1-year-missing story with KH standing outside Ky's classroom. It's definitely 213, next to the west-end stairs that lead to the athletic field.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/122554994.html?tab=video&c=y

I found this in the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5556949#post5556949"]08/26/2010 case review thread [/ame]

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/photo/gs00023978a-ptskylinejpg-3e4807f75305f24b.jpg

Looks like his homeroom was being reported at the time as room 213.

Maybe 209 was some slip of the tongue for some reason.

Desiree is under a lot of stress. I imagine being in Tv is not easy.

Maybe 209 was some slip of the tongue for some reason.

Desiree is under a lot of stress. I imagine being in Tv is not easy.

DY never said the room number; it was only shown on the graphic. IMO, DY knew exactly what she meant, but Dr. P's staff screwed up the graphic big time. We already know they got the room number wrong. IMO, his staff got the stairwell wrong as well.

On Dr. Phil, DY says TH claimed she waved to Ky from the top of the stairs “from that side entrance, East end of the school.” The key word here is “side entrance.” http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2069/ (1st video clip of interview). Watch DY’s hands as she describes the position of the stairwell.

IMO, the Dr. P staff did not realize the “side entrance “ to which DY referred is actually the front stairwell/main entry way. The stairway marked on the Dr. P graphic is the on the END of the school, not the side. (The actual front/side entry doesn’t even clearly show up as a stairwell on the TV map.)

During the Dr. P interview, DY would not have been in a position to easily see a “program monitor” displaying the graphic, so she would not have been aware they were broadcasting misinformation. (Trust me on this one; my background is broadcasting.)

Plus, it makes no sense that TH would exit through the throngs of kids getting off the bus and entering the school from that east end door. (IF, of course, she was still in the school at 8:35 when the buses arrived and the first bell rang.)

ALSO … Does anyone have copies (not links) of some of the original reporting? IIRC, TH’s mom (I think) said something about TH going up one stairwell and KY going up another stairwell … TH waited until Ky appeared at the top of the stairs, near his classroom, then waved. I could swear that’s one of the early iterations, but the news reports have been updated and rewritten so many times, that version of events no longer exists. Or else I’m making it up. Also possible! Although not intentional.

DY never said the room number; it was only shown on the graphic. IMO, DY knew exactly what she meant, but Dr. P's staff screwed up the graphic big time. We already know they got the room number wrong. IMO, his staff got the stairwell wrong as well.

On Dr. Phil, DY says TH claimed she waved to Ky from the top of the stairs “from that side entrance, East end of the school.” The key word here is “side entrance.” http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2069/ (1st video clip of interview). Watch DY’s hands as she describes the position of the stairwell.

IMO, the Dr. P staff did not realize the “side entrance “ to which DY referred is actually the front stairwell/main entry way. The stairway marked on the Dr. P graphic is the on the END of the school, not the side. (The actual front/side entry doesn’t even clearly show up as a stairwell on the TV map.)

During the Dr. P interview, DY would not have been in a position to easily see a “program monitor” displaying the graphic, so she would not have been aware they were broadcasting misinformation. (Trust me on this one; my background is broadcasting.)

Plus, it makes no sense that TH would exit through the throngs of kids getting off the bus and entering the school from that east end door. (IF, of course, she was still in the school at 8:35 when the buses arrived and the first bell rang.)

ALSO … Does anyone have copies (not links) of some of the original reporting? IIRC, TH’s mom (I think) said something about TH going up one stairwell and KY going up another stairwell … TH waited until Ky appeared at the top of the stairs, near his classroom, then waved. I could swear that’s one of the early iterations, but the news reports have been updated and rewritten so many times, that version of events no longer exists. Or else I’m making it up. Also possible! Although not intentional.

Very helpful post, thank you! And I'm going to be not so helpful here other than to say that yes, I definitely do remember someone saying that there were two stairwells involved. I do not have time to look right this moment, but just wanted to say that yes, I for sure remember that very early on.

Room 213 is also what was listed on the School Handbook linked below for his teacher Ms. Porter.

I think the main point was that TH eplained where she was to LE and to DY and both of them told her it didn't make sense, and then she changed her story. That's what I took away from it anyway.

I do think the show got the graphics all wrong too. Good catch Free!

Here is some old conversation about what Terri told LE as reported to MSM.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5554114#post5554114"]Kyron Horman Case Review #1: Thread #2: LE Press Conference & Release: June 6 2010 - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/files/mskach/Parentand_StudentHandbook_2010-11.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper