Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which volunteer search organizations are active in the Portland area?

It benefitted the case by keeping Kyron's name in the media.

Maybe someone heard the interview and will offer to help pay for the search.

JMO

My thinking exactly. Perhaps the key areas are under water or in the thickest of brush where wild animals roam or in deep caverns. Only professionals would be able to search these places.
I do hope they can find an organization to help.
Let us know if we WSers can do anything to request an agency help precious Kyron come home.

Which volunteer search organizations are active in the Portland area?

I wouldn't even begin to know. If you find out (or anyone else has the expertise to find out) and we can lend support thru e-mails, donations, etc, Please let us know

Has Desiree ever been in touch with Marc Klaas, I wonder? I know his group would help, if LE did not resist. As would TES, especially knowing that LE has certain areas designated for searching, that is one of the criteria he likes to have. TES could do a major job on those remaining areas, to let Desiree know one way or the other.

Has Desiree ever been in touch with Marc Klaas, I wonder? I know his group would help, if LE did not resist. As would TES, especially knowing that LE has certain areas designated for searching, that is one of the criteria he likes to have. TES could do a major job on those remaining areas, to let Desiree know one way or the other.

The two mentioned groups would have come early on if requested unless LE resisted I would think. Early on while evidence would have been more fresh and people's memories better would have given better results.

I thank JVM for having her on and just maybe more pressure can be put on those who can make the evil step monster face the music. My heart just breaks for Desiree, she lives this 24/7.

Bless her. She can't even go to Hogwarts for a couple of hours to get away from it all without crying about Kyron. It is so hard to watch and she has to live it.

And how awful for the siblings, too. Not only losing their brother, but not being able to live normal, happy lives themselves. And it drags on more than it would when a child dies of illness or accident, because of the horrifying nature of his disappearance, and the unresolved situation with Terry, and not having any answers. . .

The two mentioned groups would have come early on if requested unless LE resisted I would think. Early on while evidence would have been more fresh and people's memories better would have given better results.

I thank JVM for having her on and just maybe more pressure can be put on those who can make the evil step monster face the music. My heart just breaks for Desiree, she lives this 24/7.

They don't need fresh evidence at this point, just to find Kyron, and Desiree said that the searches have not been completed due to lack of resources. I wish we knew what she meant by that.

JVM said that Kaine is welcome on the show so let's hope he makes plans to also make an appearance.

If the sherriff does not have the resources, why doesnt Desiree and Kaine hire Klaaskids to search these vital areas? Kaine could put use to the money he has been raising over the past year.

I hope they can, and God bless Kyron and Kaine and Desiree and Tony

This same segment is on JVM again today...I thought maybe she was returning and was hoping she would talk more about the searches being stalled but it is a rerun...? Kind of odd...

Just tuned in to HLN and JVM on -- this must be re-run of last night's show with Desiree.

:( It is HEARTBREAKING to see Desiree talk about Kyron ... I don't know how she does it ! :(

And Desiree looks great !

:waitasec: I wish the State of Oregon had the "Sunshine Law" so we could see those e-mails that Terrie Horman sent out ! They must be very "telling" ...:maddening:

Prayers for Desiree, Tony and Kaine ...

And "Extra Prayers" that Kyron is found soon !

:praying:

I was shocked to hear that the searches of the "targeted areas" have not been completed from the searches we saw over 7 months ago. QUOTE]

I was a taken aback by DY's comment regarding the lack of "resources" to search the three remaining areas. There are SAR teams aplenty in the Portland area and throughout the PNW. These teams are trained volunteers. And, while I recognize it takes "staff time" by MSCO personnel to coordinate these searches ... the term "lack of resources" made me say, "Huh?" Both KH and DY, in media moments, apparently held the belief searches would be ongoing. And now this comment from DY. So I ask:

Are the SAR volunteers in the area fed up with MSCO's bumbling and waste of the SAR orgs time? A local who posts here (sorry, don't remember who) mentioned that at least one of the "intensive search" areas toward Dixie Mountain had been logged/clear cut in the months following the Jan/Feb search. Was the latest Ky search the equivilant of an "environmental impact statement" vis a vis the hunt for Kyron? Is this how SAR volunteers saw it? In other words: Volunteer your time to clear this area, so we can harvest the trees? Is that why there is now a "lack of resources" (people unwilling to volunteer)?

I recognize the Columbia River, the Gorge, the fast-running tributaries to the Columbia ... Mt Hood/Mt Adams/Mt St Helens, the Cascade foothills ... in all of these places, people are lost/endangered and in need of SAR help, day-in and day-out throughout our pitifully short summer (yes, during the winter, too).

I'm just sayin' ... My gut tells me MSCO screwed the pooch when calling upon trained, volunteer SAR teams. In some way ... not sure how ... MSCO pissed them off, making the SAR volunteers unwilling to direct their efforts toward a long-missing child and away from the essential rescue efforts they daily perform.

Through MSM interviews, we know the SAR teams want to find Kyron. So why, now, is there a "lack of resources?" I don't read that statement as meaning $$$. IMO, Staton and team pissed off a bunch of well-meaning volunteers ... none of whom (unlike Staton) need to worry about re-election.

This is an OP-ED comment. MOO.

well it is hard for me to say but these search organizations might say that they wll come to search for any family that asks them to but really I think it is because they were not offered any money funds to aid in the search. These organzations are businesses even though they don't say as much. The people that start them have to live and they need to get paid to do the searching jobs. The volunteers dont get paid but the board most certainly does. Heck the Anthonys have a non profit organization that they don't have to report the money they take home.
they are starting another one too....now they will have disability, two foundations and blood money that they make from all of their non paid "interviews" .

well it is hard for me to say but these search organizations might say that they wll come to search for any family that asks them to but really I think it is because they were not offered any money funds to aid in the search. These organzations are businesses even though they don't say as much. The people that start them have to live and they need to get paid to do the searching jobs. The volunteers dont get paid but the board most certainly does. Heck the Anthonys have a non profit organization that they don't have to report the money they take home.
they are starting another one too....now they will have disability, two foundations and blood money that they make from all of their non paid "interviews" .

BBM

Both Kaine and Desiree have full time jobs so they could use every penny raised by the foundation to go towards the search efforts to find Kyron. In the early searches, I recall MSM relaying that the searchers have everything they need and they was no need to send anymore food or water. People responded to help these searches back then and they will respond if asked again. All the money raised by the Kyron fund to-date could go towards offsetting LE overtime wages since the volunteers are actually volunteering their time JMO. Anybody here have an idea what might be in that coffer right now? I don't recall hearing about any of it being spent on any search.

I am not a follower of the Anthonys' situation but I just can't see the government letting a "non profit" collect a whole lot of money with signing officers walking off with any money tax free - that just ain't going happen, no where, no how. Give that case some time and a little bit more rope.

Maybe Desiree speaking out about the searches being on hold due to lack of resources will bring some action from MCSO and maybe that is why she said it, at least I hope so.

Desiree makes some more noise for Kyron. Good for her.

She's chosen to cut off communication with Kaine based on what she's learned from the investigation. I can understand her disagreeing with Kaine's choices as she learns more about Terri. But I wonder how Desiree refusing to talk with Kaine and continue a mutually supportive relationship is helpful with regard to finding Kyron?

:dunno:

Desiree makes some more noise for Kyron. Good for her.

She's chosen to cut off communication with Kaine based on what she's learned from the investigation. I can understand her disagreeing with Kaine's choices as she learns more about Terri. But I wonder how Desiree refusing to talk with Kaine and continue a mutually supportive relationship is helpful with regard to finding Kyron?

:dunno:

She said that she does communicate with him as needed with regards to the investigation and anything to do with Kyron but that things she has learned about their lifestyle has only served to make her angry as she would never have allowed Kyron to remain in the home, if Kaine had been honest with her.

I just hope the searching resumes; I don't think it matters much right now whether or not Desiree is speaking to Kaine, other than as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove