LA LA - Ellis Baudean, 4, in water near Twin Canals Trail, Jean Laffite Nat Hist Park, 15 Jul 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
60f215cc34d2a.image.jpg

Ellis Boudean, 4, went missing in Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve Thursday evening, leading to a massive search at the park that stretched into Friday night. Ellis, was with his mother and a 3-year-old sibling near the Twin Canals Trail in the park in the 6300 block of Barataria Boulevard about 5:30 p.m. Thursday when he disappeared and searchers concentrated on the canal and other waterways in the swampy park.

Search becomes recovery mission for 4-year-old missing in Jean Lafitte National Park

SBM

Authorities searching for a 4-year-old autistic boy who disappeared in the swampy waters of Jean Laffite National Historical Park and Preserve said Friday they had little hope of finding him alive. "At this point in time, it's a recovery mission," Jefferson Parish Sheriff Joe Lopinto said just before noon. "The child never resurfaced."

Snip

"The mother was walking back to her car and heard something. She didn't know if it was a splash," Lopinto said. When the woman turned around, Ellis was gone and the 3-year-old was pointing toward the water. The woman jumped in but wasn't able to find her son, authorities said.

#more at link including photos & vids (linked in post below)

https://www.katc.com/news/covering-...-jean-lafitte-national-park-for-missing-child

They say that search efforts have been continuous since that time with the assistance of the National Park Service, St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office, Jean Lafitte Police Department, Jefferson Parish Fire Department, and Southeast Louisiana Underwater Search and Recovery. "The best available sonar and search equipment, divers, and multiple watercraft have been deployed as part of the search efforts. While we currently have adequate manpower and the equipment necessary to conduct an exhaustive search, we appreciate the offers of assistance from multiple agencies and organizations including the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office and the Cajun Navy, and know that they stand ready if we need further assistance," a Facebook post states.

JPSO FB post regarding the search for Ellis. A few of the nearly 800 comments may or may not provide more information, especially the ones about flying or fixing a kite and walking back to a car. :confused: I hope they can find little Ellis quickly. :(

Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office
BBM
16 July 2021

Sheriff Joseph Lopinto reports that the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office is currently engaged in a search and rescue operation inside the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve in the 6300 block of Barataria Boulevard in Marrero. A 4-year-old Marrero boy went into the water at the Twin Canals around 5:30 pm yesterday and has not been seen since. Search efforts have been continuous since that time with the assistance of the National Park Service, St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office, Jean Lafitte Police Department, Jefferson Parish Fire Department, and Southeast Louisiana Underwater Search and Recovery.

The best available sonar and search equipment, divers, and multiple watercraft have been deployed as part of the search efforts. While we currently have adequate manpower and the equipment necessary to conduct an exhaustive search, we appreciate the offers of assistance from multiple agencies and organizations including the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office and the Cajun Navy, and know that they stand ready if we need further assistance.

We currently have no evidence that the child is on land, and search efforts are now focused on the area waterways. The land in the area the child was last seen has been thoroughly searched by multiple parties. While access to the park is not restricted at this time, please remember that the area is a nature preserve. It is swampy, covered in dense vegetation, and teeming with potentially dangerous wildlife, including snakes and alligators.

WTOK-TV
16 Jul 2021
A family member said Ellis Boudean was walking with his mom and his 3-year-old brother when they stopped to fly a kite. The boy’s mother was fixing the kite when he went into the water.

4-year-old missing in Louisiana national park swamp waters ‘teeming with dangerous wildlife’
A family member said Ellis Boudean was walking with his mom and his 3-year-old brother when they stopped to fly a kite. The boy’s mother was fixing the kite when he went into the water.

Snip

One of his shoes was found floating in the water.

“They came here because they wanted to stop. I love the trails. They loved running on the trails, so she pulled over. She just wanted them to have fun before they went home. She was getting the kite ready and not even 45 seconds. You can’t look away from a child with autism. That’s it,” the mother’s sister B. A. said.

NOLA.com
17 Jul 2021
The search continues for 4-year-old Ellis Boudean who vanished Thursday evening while visiting the Marrero park with his mother and 3-year-old sibling.

Search resumes for signs of Ellis Boudean, 4-year-old missing in Jean Lafitte National Park
17 Jul 2021

Searchers returned to the swamp Saturday for signs of Ellis Boudean, the 4-year-old autistic boy who disappeared two days earlier in Jean Laffite National Historical Park and Preserve. They found none, however.

Snip

Ellis vanished Thursday evening while visiting the Marrero park with his mother and 3-year-old sibling. WVUE television said a relative reported that they stopped to fly a kite, and that the mother was handling the kite when she heard a noise. She turned around, saw the younger child pointing toward the water and realized Ellis was missing, authorities said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing that he was autistic makes me even more concerned for the welfare of this 4-year-old child.

Ellis vanished Thursday evening while visiting the Marrero park with his mother and 3-year-old sibling. WVUE television said a relative reported that they stopped to fly a kite, and that the mother was handling the kite when she heard a noise. She turned around, saw the younger child pointing toward the water and realized Ellis was missing, authorities said.

Autistic children usually tend to go wander off sometimes, they just simply enjoy exploring. Maybe he did exactly that and accidentally fell into the water. While he wasn't found by his mother when she searched for him in the water, they did find his shoes.

Last edited:
MOO Based on this article and other things I've read, I think Ellis' surname is spelled Baudean.

Authorities attempting to find the remains of a 4-year-old boy who went missing in national park

SBM

The boy, Ellis Baudean, was accompanied by his mother and 3-year-old sibling around 5:30 p.m. on Thursday. While walking back to their vehicle, the mother heard a splash and turned around to find Ellis missing.

The family was near Twin Canals Trail in the 6300 block of Barataria Boulevard when the tragic incident took place. The mother dived into the murky waters but was unable to locate her son.

did he fall or was he dragged in by a gator? or what?

Apparently, he either went in by himself, or fell in. His mother turned away to get something from her vehicle, or to fix the kite and was not watching him closely. She thought she heard something (a splash maybe) and turned to look. She noticed her three-year-old pointing to the water, and did not see him anywhere.

His shoes were found in the water. I wonder what kind of shoes they were. If tennis shoes, they'd be harder to come off of his feet. If flip flops or sandals, they'd probably come off easier.

My kids are now 27, 16 & 10. I was always telling them "I don't have eyes in the back of my head. I can't see you" when they would walk behind me.
I always made sure they were walking in front of me.
It sadly sounds like a gator got him. I hope they find him. Poor baby.

HEARTBREAKING: The sister of Ellis Baudean, the 4-year-old boy missing in the water in the Jean Lafitte National...

HAPPENING NOW: Cadaver dogs are on the scene where Jefferson Parish officials are searching for missing 4-year-...
Neither link works for me.
HEARTBREAKING: The sister of Ellis Baudean, the 4-year-old boy missing in the water in the Jean Lafitte National Park, thanks those who came out to help search for her brother >> https://bit.ly/3wPfaeJ

HAPPENING NOW: Cadaver dogs are on the scene where Jefferson Parish officials are searching for missing 4-year-old Ellis Baudean. >> https://bit.ly/3xRBhCY

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back