LA-Frances Jane Schultz,73, found tied up with multiple gunshots by husband returning from funeral

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
strange ... did someone know she would be alone with husband gone to the funeral? the home is modest & doesn't look like an obvious target for a home invasion

does the son have an alibi? I know he lives elsewhere ...

Three arrested in death of 74-year-old Zachary woman found tied up

The suspects were taken into custody Friday morning. They include Courtland Curtis, Adrian Curtis and Donovan Brown. They are all charged with first-degree murder and aggravated robbery. Courtland and Donovan are brothers.

Gautreaux said one of the suspects worked for the couple last spring. Investigators were able to get a lead on their investigation after they found a notebook in the home that had a suspect’s name written on it. Gautreaux said the couple often kept records of their day in the notebook, and the suspect’s name was written in the wife’s handwriting.

3 arrests in 'hideous, evil' robbery, shooting of Zachary woman who was found tied up in her home

Schultz' husband was not home at the time the three men came to the home, which Gautreaux called fortunate. He said otherwise, he expects they would be investigating a double homicide.

Gautreaux said there were signs of forced entry into the house as well as evidence that people had gone through drawers. Adrian Curtis' name was also written on a notepad in the breezeway of the house, where the couple often wrote down important information, which investigators believe Schultz wrote that night when he first approached her, possibly thinking he had showed up to complete some work for the couple. Investigators were also able to match DNA from Schultz' fingernails with Adrian Curtis.

I say take a razor blade to their testicles.
I'm very glad they caught the b------s, and quickly. I am teary-eyed thinking of what that poor woman endured, and that her dear husband is now without her. I usually believe that "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord," but the human part of me wouldn't mind some.

Thoughts of what she suffered at the hands of these evil punks makes me physically ill. She solved her own murder, though, by writing one of the perp's names down on the pad where she and her husband left notes for each other. My heart aches for her husband and all who love her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back