LA - Janessa Hartley, shot in her car in neighborhood, Baton Rouge, 15 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Regit

Reaction score
Woman killed by masked gunman in Sherwood Forest was dropping off friend after dinner

This is a very strange case, and terribly sad. I hope I linked the article correctly. Janessa Hartley was dropping off a friend after dinner around 8pm in Baton Rouge, LA. A masked man approached and shot her in her car, while in her friend’s driveway. There has been very little in the news since it happened. Locally people are referring to it as an attempted carjacking gone wrong. It just doesn’t make sense though. This occurred in the very center, of a very large neighborhood. It’s an older neighborhood, but one I would consider safe. There are some sketchy areas nearby. But it is a very strange place for a carjacking to take place. The fact that the man was masked is also strange? I didn’t see this case on here, and I’m hoping some of you could take a look and see what you think. I hope they catch her killer soon.

Who was Janessa Hartley? A Baton Rouge grandmother 'so kindhearted and loving to everyone'
"Friends and colleagues said Hartley grew up in Baton Rouge and attended Redemptorist High School. She worked for many years as a classroom assistant at St. Thomas More Preschool in Baton Rouge, before retiring about five years ago to spend more time with her family.

Camilla Ponson, the preschool's receptionist, said Hartley had three children and several grandchildren. Ponson said the school's phone was ringing off the hook Wednesday with parents and past students calling to express their grief over the news of Hartley's death."

Baton Rouge police requesting home surveillance video to help solve Sherwood Forest homicide
"Baton Rouge police are asking anyone with information about the case to contact the Violent Crimes Unit at (225) 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.

The shooting occurred outside a house on Brookshire Avenue, which is part of a residential neighborhood just south of Goodwood Boulevard and north of Old Hammond Highway. The area extends from Havenwood Drive east to Woodcliff Drive.

Police requested video footage from homes in the area, not just those in close proximity to the crime scene."

Woman killed by masked gunman in Sherwood Forest was dropping off friend after dinner

This is a very strange case, and terribly sad. I hope I linked the article correctly. Janessa Hartley was dropping off a friend after dinner around 8pm in Baton Rouge, LA. A masked man approached and shot her in her car, while in her friend’s driveway. There has been very little in the news since it happened. Locally people are referring to it as an attempted carjacking gone wrong. It just doesn’t make sense though. This occurred in the very center, of a very large neighborhood. It’s an older neighborhood, but one I would consider safe. There are some sketchy areas nearby. But it is a very strange place for a carjacking to take place. The fact that the man was masked is also strange? I didn’t see this case on here, and I’m hoping some of you could take a look and see what you think. I hope they catch her killer soon.

JMO
My initial impression is I do agree with the friend's boyfriend in that I believe it was an attempted car jacking and the stupid perp didnt realize there was another person in the vehicle. I am willing to bet the other person started screaming at the top of her lungs when the shooting happened and it scared the perp into running off.

Just a guess at this point. Perps are getting very bold these days and are so quick to shoot people. Its insane anymore and very scary times. With the time of night I think it was dark outside and the perp didnt realize there was a second person. If there would have only been the driver I think he would have taken the car.

I dont think the perp knew either one of the people in the car. Thankfully there is video surveilance but he was masked so this will be a tough one to solve.

"Williams said his fiance, who didn't want to be interviewed Wednesday, was in the passenger seat of the vehicle when the shooting occurred. He said the surveillance video shows a person — who appears to be a masked man — approach the car before firing one shot into the driver's side door."

Last edited:
JMO
My initial impression is I do agree with the friend's boyfriend in that I believe it was an attempted car jacking and the stupid perp didnt realize there was another person in the vehicle. I am willing to bet the other person started screaming at the top of her lungs when the shooting happened and it scared the perp into running off.

Just a guess at this point. Perps are getting very bold these days and are so quick to shoot people. Its insane anymore and very scary times. With the time of night I think it was dark outside and the perp didnt realize there was a second person. If there would have only been the driver I think he would have taken the car.

I dont think the perp knew either one of the people in the car. Thankfully there is video surveilance but he was masked so this will be a tough one to solve.

"Williams said his fiance, who didn't want to be interviewed Wednesday, was in the passenger seat of the vehicle when the shooting occurred. He said the surveillance video shows a person — who appears to be a masked man — approach the car before firing one shot into the driver's side door."

Where is the video surveillance?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back