Found Deceased LA - Joyce "B. U." Thomas, adult, Deaf/mute, Ville Platte, 26 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
They've released a few pics of her but not a physical description. I hope they can find her quickly as they're experiencing freezing temps which isn't an everyday thing there. I hope she's dressed warmly and found safe quickly.

Ville Platte Police searching for missing woman

The Ville Platte Police Department is asking for the public's help in locating a woman missing since Wednesday.

Police say the woman, Joyce Thomas, can not speak or hear but can communicate. The family believes she may be in danger.
#

Ville Platte Police Department

Ville Platte Police searching for missing deaf and mute woman

Kujuan Dwight, who identified himself as Thomas’ grandson, called for assistance on Facebook and asked for anyone with knowledge of Thomas’ whereabouts to call the Ville Platte Police Department. He wrote Thomas was last seen Wednesday and her family is concerned she’s in danger.

“Everyone that knows my granny, knows she’s unable to defend herself. She’s strong but she’s still my granny. I love you and want you to come back home,” Dwight wrote.

FEB 29, 2020
Man Facing Charges In Connection With Missing Ville Platte Woman

• State police confirmed that Phillip Dewoody. 53, is facing one charge of aggravated kidnapping in connection with Joyce Thomas' disappearance.
  • Louisiana State Police are now in charge of the investigation.
  • This morning, there was a heavy police presence along I-49 between Sunset and Opelousas as police were investigating activity related to the case.
  • A home and vehicle were blocked off by crime scene tape but the scene is now clear.
FEB 28, 2020
UPDATE: Arrest made following search for missing Ville Platte woman
Arrest records show that Dewoody was arrested Friday afternoon and will be transferred to the Evangeline Parish Sheriff's Office.

Referencing: Ville Platte Police Department

Last edited:
FEB 29, 2020

• State police confirmed that Phillip Dewoody. 53, is facing one charge of aggravated kidnapping in connection with Joyce Thomas' disappearance.
  • This morning, there was a heavy police presence along I-49 between Sunset and Opelousas as police were investigating activity related to the case.
  • A home and vehicle were blocked off by crime scene tape but the scene is now clear.
FEB 28, 2020
Arrest records show that Dewoody was arrested Friday afternoon and will be transferred to the Evangeline Parish Sheriff's Office.

It takes a special kind of sicko to harm someone so defenseless. :mad: MOO.

FEB 29, 2020

FEB 28, 2020

Wasn’t expecting this turn of events! Such a tragic incident. I’ll never understand the actions of some people.

FEB 29, 2020
Ville Platte woman missing, family speaks out for her safe return
[...]

Joyce’s grandson, Lance, says, “I love her. We miss her. We are worried about her. I don’t know what to do, what to feel.”

[...]

Joyce is the mom of four and the grandmother of thirteen.

Her grandson, Lance, says his family needs her home.

“My grandmother is the backbone. She is the reason people are the way they are. She raised everyone. She’s done her job as a mother as a grandmother as a human being,” Lance adds.

[...]

:(

FEB 29, 2020
Suspect in South Louisiana missing woman case has lengthy criminal record in the ArkLaTex
[...]

Thomas' grandson, KD, took to Facebook on Wednesday, asking for help in finding his grandmother. He posted photos of her, including a surveillance photo of a man the family says is the last person to be seen with Thomas at her apartment facility.

5e5b48c0237f0.image.jpg

(Timestamp reads 2020-02-26 10:50: )

[...]

... It has not been confirmed that the picture posted from Thomas' grandson is in fact DeWoody.

[...]

Family members also tell KATC that they believe Thomas knew the suspect, and may have initially went with him voluntarily when she disappeared Wednesday. They also told us that police have indicated the suspect wanted money in exchange for information on where Thomas was. Police have not verified that information.

[...]

Parole dockets show that DeWoody was granted parole in June of 2019.

(Article includes extensive details regarding DeWoody's criminal history.)

FEB 29, 2020
Suspect in South Louisiana missing woman case has lengthy criminal record in the ArkLaTex
[...]

Thomas' grandson, KD, took to Facebook on Wednesday, asking for help in finding his grandmother. He posted photos of her, including a surveillance photo of a man the family says is the last person to be seen with Thomas at her apartment facility.

5e5b48c0237f0.image.jpg

(Timestamp reads 2020-02-26 10:50: )

[...]

... It has not been confirmed that the picture posted from Thomas' grandson is in fact DeWoody.

[...]

Family members also tell KATC that they believe Thomas knew the suspect, and may have initially went with him voluntarily when she disappeared Wednesday. They also told us that police have indicated the suspect wanted money in exchange for information on where Thomas was. Police have not verified that information.

[...]

Parole dockets show that DeWoody was granted parole in June of 2019.

(Article includes extensive details regarding DeWoody's criminal history.)

Doubting that it is of any importance, but I wonder what that is in his hands on that time stamp photo?

It would make sense that Miss Joyce may be familiar with the guy. The deaf community is fairly tight and when with hearing friends or the like who don't sign may keep that relationship for convenience.

Such a vibrant and lovely woman. Come home, please.

Doubting that it is of any importance, but I wonder what that is in his hands on that time stamp photo?

It would make sense that Miss Joyce may be familiar with the guy. The deaf community is fairly tight and when with hearing friends or the like who don't sign may keep that relationship for convenience.

Such a vibrant and lovely woman. Come home, please.
I've blown that photo up and I still can't tell what the heck that is. :( MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back