GUILTY LA - Justin Bloxom, 12, abducted & murdered, Stonewall, 31 March 2010 *death penalty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/shreveporttimes/obituary.aspx?n=justin-mcclain-bloxom&pid=141374052
legacy.com / Shreveport Times --Shreveport, LA

Justin McClain Bloxom Obituary

0001298919-01-1_234335.jpg

Justin McClain Bloxom

Snipped:

Justin was born May 29, 1997 in Shreveport, Louisiana to Amy Nicole Witham and Kevin McClain Bloxom and was called home Tuesday, March 30, 2010 in Stonewall, Louisiana. Justin enjoyed skateboarding, karate, mud riding, jumping on the trampoline, and playing the drums. Justin was on the Honor-roll, and on the superintendents list at North Desoto Middle School. Justin won first place in the Science Fair and was a member of the 4-H club. Justin enjoyed drawing, was a member of the Griffins Football Team, and enjoyed helping Pa-Paw with his cows. Justin will be remembered most for the kind, caring soul God blessed him with.

----- End of Snip -----

There is no telling what kind of greatness Justin could have achieved in his lifetime.

Gone . . . but not forgotten!

~~~ RIP Justin Bloxom ~~~
405740.gif

This thread has not been posted on since May, 2012. Wow.

I hope folks have not forgotten about Justin Bloxom.

The Brian Horn murder trial begins today, 3-11-14, with jury selection in East Baton Rouge Parish, LA.

The trial will be in DeSota Parish, LA.

The DeSoto District Attorney’s office (State of LA) is seeking the death penalty.

The following is an informative article:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...on-begins-Tuesday-DeSoto-capital-murder-trial
Shreveport Times - Shreveport, LA -- 3/10/14

Jury selection begins Tuesday in DeSoto capital murder trial
Pool of 300 potential jurors first will be asked their stance on the death penalty.

I haven't forgotten. Such a sad case.

Thanks to the person who moved this thread into Current Trials.

Why does the title of this thread say 1992?

Why does the title of this thread say 1992?
I don't know. Probably a typo. Perhaps whoever changed the title will correct it.

Justin was murdered in 2010 and he was born in 1997. The year 1992 would not pertain to Justin.

Per this older article (2010 with a 2013 update), it appears the family of Brian Horn will not support him. This was in 2010/2013. The family does not condone a murderer per snip below.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=12248486
KSLA - Shreveport, LA -- Posted: Apr 02, 2010 1:14 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 24, 2013 11:24 AM CDT

Statement from Kevin Horn; DeSoto murder suspect's brother

Snipped:

I, Kevin Horn, brought my brother to DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Substation immediately after finding out that Brian was the prime suspect in this heinous crime. Brian will not find any support from us because we do not condone a murderer.

Sara Machi, a reporter for KTBS - Shreveport, LA, is in Baton Rouge to cover the jury selection in the Brian Horn trial. We can expect a report on the KTBS news tonight.

For your info, Baton Rouge, LA is approximately 3 hours from Shreveport, LA
~~~~~~~

KTBS 3 News - Facebook
25 minutes ago - 3/11/14

KTBS 3's Sara Machi is in Baton Rouge for jury selection in the Brian Horn trial. Horn's accused of killing Stonewall teenager Justin Bloxom in 2010. Join us tonight and 9 and 10 for the latest.

Source:

https://www.facebook.com/KTBS3?rf=109546909071799
KTBS - Shreveport, LA -- Facebook

tweet from Vicki Welborn, reporter with Shreveport Times:

3/11/14

Vickie Welborn ‏@vawelborn · 59m
Process slow going in Brian Horn capital murder jury selection. Preliminary matters involving juror attendance, hardships take up most a.m.

Source:

https://twitter.com/vawelborn
Twitter - Vickie Welborn (reporter @ Shreveport Times - Shreveport, LA)

This thread has not been posted on since May, 2012. Wow.

I hope folks have not forgotten about Justin Bloxom.

The Brian Horn murder trial begins today, 3-11-14, with jury selection in East Baton Rouge Parish, LA.

The trial will be in DeSota Parish, LA.

The DeSoto District Attorney’s office (State of LA) is seeking the death penalty.

The following is an informative article:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...on-begins-Tuesday-DeSoto-capital-murder-trial
Shreveport Times - Shreveport, LA -- 3/10/14

Jury selection begins Tuesday in DeSoto capital murder trial
Pool of 300 potential jurors first will be asked their stance on the death penalty.

I have not forgotten Justin. Wow I had no clue the trial was starting. Thanks for the updates.

I called Judge Robert Burgess' office in DeSota Parish, LA to inquire if the Brian Horn trial will be streamed "live" and if tweeting "live" from the court room will be allowed.

One of his staff told me Judge Burgess is in Baton Rouge, LA today re jury selection for the Brian Horn murder trial.

She said Judge Burgess is probably establishing 'Housekeeping rules' re media today. She does not know that to be a fact though since she is in DeSota Parish and he and other staff are in Baton Rouge.

She told me that, to her knowledge, Judge Burgess is not going to allow cameras in the court room for a "live" stream.

She does not know about allowing reporters to tweet "live" from the court room. She said based on past trials, she doubts it will be allowed 'live' from the court room during trial proceedings.

In the past, reporters have covered updates regarding the pending trial of Brian Horn; but not "live" stream.

If the above is true, then we will have to rely on the reporters who will be attending the trial.

Hopefully, the reporters will be able to tweet updates during their breaks and write articles regarding the trial proceedings.

Are there any locals from the DeSota parish area that plan to attend this trial? If so, I hope they share updates with us.

Brian Horn is currently in East Baton Rouge Parish Jail - LA during jury selection. In some of the media articles (don't recall which ones), it was indicated that he would be in the East Baton Rouge Jail during jury selection. I notice DeSota Parish Jail has not updated custody status.

To view this at the linked site, you will probably have to type in Brian Horn in the appropriate boxes or use Brian Horn's Offender ID: 2010030280

ttps://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/searchResultsAction.do?searchType=offender&siteId=19000&lang_value=en&searchWhere=state&doc=19000%7C900&agency=1&id=&lastName=Horn&firstName=Brian&dob=&ageRange=0&methodToCall=search
VINElink.com - LA - Brian Horn

Name Date of Birth Age Custody Status Agency/Reason Reporting Agency

HORN, BRIAN D 02/15/1976 38 In Custody De Soto Parish Jail De Soto Parish Jail

HORN, BRIAN 02/15/1976 38 In Custody East Baton Rouge Parish Jail East Baton Rouge Parish Jail

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/detailsAction.do?siteId=19000&agency=16&id=2010030280&searchType=offender
VINElink.com -LA -- Brian Horn

Offender Name: BRIAN D HORN

Offender ID:2010030280

Date of Birth:02/15/1976

Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody

Location of Offender: De Soto Parish Jail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aliases
HORN, JOHN P

Offender Name: BRIAN HORN

Offender ID:1400036179
Date of Birth:02/15/1976
Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender: East Baton Rouge Parish Jail

It may appear that I am "hogging" this thread. That is not my intention.

I am home most of today and thought I'd do some updates on this thread.

There are many days that I am not available during the day or I am out of town. While I am here today, I just want to share info on this thread.

I may not have this opportunity again.

~~~ Justice for Justin Bloxom ~ ~ ~

It may appear that I am "hogging" this thread. That is not my intention.

I am home most of today and thought I'd do some updates on this thread.

There are many days that I am not available during the day or I am out of town. While I am here today, I just want to share info on this thread.

I may not have this opportunity again.

~~~ Justice for Justin Bloxom ~ ~ ~

Your updates are greatly appreciated!

Earlier today I e-mailed an Anchor/multimedia journalist with KTBS - Shreveport, LA inquiring about coverage of the Brian Horn murder trial.

The following is snipped from the personal e-mail response (KTBS - Anchor) sent to me:

Thank you for your email. Louisiana does not allow cameras or cell phones into courtrooms.

We will have live reports at 5,6 and updates at 9 and 10. We will do updates on facebook and our website ktbs.com We will probably be tweeting about the case as well.

Thanks again for your inquiry.

~~~~ End of Snip ~~~~

http://www.ktbs.com/
KTBS - Shreveport, LA - Homepage

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...excuses-consume-first-day-Horn-jury-selection
Shreveport Times - Shreveport, LA -- Mar. 11, 2014 8:58 PM

Hardship excuses consume first day of Horn jury selection
Jurors are being selected in East Baton Rouge Parish for DeSoto Parish trial.

Snipped:

Selection of the jurors who will determine Horn’s fate is expected to take through week’s end and possible into the weekend. Once the 12 jurors and three alternates are selected, they will be transported to Mansfield, where the trial will be held.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back