LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My two cents: Google is not going to give Joe Schmoe someone's license plate. :twocents:

Well, megsy, I would hope not, because if they did, how would that protect an innocent party for a lynch mob showing up at their door with false information.

Back to this:
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm guessing search efforts will come to a halt shortly if this weather keeps up.

How to deal with your fellow posters (has all kinds of helpful information):
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91915"]Best Practices Dealing with your fellow posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

ita Lera.. was just thinking that a bit ago...
yeah it hit me like say someone theft a purse, they live on A street, but they go all the way to M street to throw away the purse, but where the purse was taken the wallet will be. Something like that.

:nurse:

peeps.... kindly, do not try to tell your other posters how to post or what to say. If you see a post and you don't want to answer it just don't answer it. This is a very busy thread with 250 people and logically people are going to have questions if they are just joining in...

You are right. It's great that people are showing up here looking for answers, and so when they show up, none of us mind answering!

Originally Posted by chicken fried
You are correct!!!1 Thanks for the correction.

And that makes this whole thing more mysterious to me.... and leaves the possibly of a crazy stop-and-drop from the Whiskey Bay bridge.

It's hard to heave things out from that bank of the west side of the ext are....
You posted that awesome Google image:

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/domerally10/Whiskey_Bay.jpg

and the supporting posts about the local lingo about the various points of interests...

O/T, but it took all "this" and "that" to realize that the WB bridge is probably part of where I had the most harrowing road trip in my life. I did not take note of the names at the time. Road construction...most bumpy road ever (for an Interstate)...one lane of moving traffic...taking turns (stopped for 15 minutes or more, several times)...and I'm not good with heights and bridges (while I'm on them)...no shoulder let alone a breakdown lane...it was a round-trip...so did the nitemare in both directions. The basin bridge was nice (altho still the bridge scariness)...swamp, trees, wildlife. Stayed overnite in Lake Charles to rest and de-stress, and I don't recall where on the opposite trip. Road trips are supposed to be adventurous and fun. ;)

It's so bittersweet now, realizing that is where searches went on, and Mickey's bike was found.

Back to Mickey. Hope there is good news very soon. Like....yesterday.

There is no 'parking lot' at that funeral home. There is a wide circular driveway in 'front' which would be facing the same direction as MS is looking. I forget the name of the street that is the front of the funeral home. But there is no parking lot to it. I have been to funerals ther and I have to park on a side street. everyone has to exceptthe vehicles in the funeral procession; they line up in the circle in front.

That's not correct. There is indeed a parking lot, proving spaces on the right-facing side and back of the FH.

You guys are all doing such an amazing job. I enjoy this thread very much. It has opened my mind to so many new possibilities. I do, however, feel that a few folks might need to take a little break. It seems as though there are really random things being thrown out there with absolutely no fact behind them. It's very easy to get caught up and just start rambling off possibilities, but I think that this confuses everyone. I've noticed that some posters have been posting continuously for almost 20 hours. This can't be good. We all need a break now and then. I know I had to take one because my brain was about to explode. Keep up the good work and let's stay focused for Mickey's sake.

:moo::moo::moo:

That's not correct. There is indeed a parking lot, proving spaces on the right-facing side and back of the FH.

Yes, thanks for the confirmation. Google Earth is a miracle. An integral part of the sleuth toolkit! I think a lot of people are using regular Google, but man, it's like night and day :-)

Oh, man, some wild weather coming - my trees going in circles. going to check for tornado watch.

Maybe we should have a thread for us inexperienced locals and then you wouldn't have to worry about things being beat to death over and over.

I have been around long enough to know that even us more experienced sleuthers (if I can call myself that) often find ourselves beating things to death & going in circles. :banghead:
I do think there are certain basics that folks should familiarize themselves with before posting...for example...a great tool is to always read the first post of each thread...and the links there...then read the last post...and read a few pages back...sometimes I find myself reading entire threads backwards...:blushing:
I don't want anyone to feel unwelcome posting their questions here...the more interest then the more brainstorming! These threads are moving so quickly it is hard to even ask questions that haven't been answered somewhere.
JMO

:welcome2:

Of course, for all we know it WAS a DUI or hit and panic scenario. However, I agree with you. I would love for her parents to be told thats what happened considering the alternative scenario... I just don't see someone going through the trouble of cleaning up after theirselves to this level (where NOTHING is found to indicate the scene it went down at). I don't see someone taking her just to kill her without doing God only knows what to, first. I don't hold out hope that she's alive.. And if she is, what kind of hell must she be in right now? ::SHUDDER:: I want Mickey to be brought home and whoever responsible prosecuted.

I cannot fathom going through this level of cover up for an accident.

I'm not convinced that whoever is responsible for MS's disappearance isn't somebody she knows. Problem is we can't sleuth people out on our own. LE must be looking at her relations at the bar, who came into town for the graduation, college and friends in general and horse related people. BW mentioned she was about to sell a horse - would that affect anybody or had she recently shown it to a potential buyer. All kinds of weird scenarios, other than a stranger hit her and cleaned up the accident, could come into play. The horse industry sometimes has some weird stuff going on within the ranks. I have no clue if that could apply to MS's life in any dark way but horses are big business in some areas.

Chicken fried, there is one camera on the left side of the building that looks over the employee parking lot. I looked into the thing like I said and saw where it was pointing. given the quality of the pic of Mickey and knowing where that camera is that took that picture, I believe that the camera on the side closest to st Landry could possibly be pointed in a way that it could cover part of saint Landry St. If it does it would be covering the area between the two cameras that we know about and have pics from.

I'll go down and look to see if there's any reason why it wouldn't be able to see the street when it stops raining. I'm sure LE looked at this camera though and probably saw nothing.

:what::please::eek::(:doh:Oh man, this is gonna be UGLY!!!
Look at the radar at what's about to hit Lafayette.

Evidence go "bye-bye"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members