Lance Armstrong Doping Scandal

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lance tried to be the Carl Lewis of cycling. Instead he's the Ben Jonson.

IOC ready to take away Armstrong's Olympic bronze

By STEPHEN WILSON, AP
2 hours ago

LONDON — His seven Tour de France titles erased from cycling's record books, Lance Armstrong still holds claim to one piece of sports hardware — an Olympic medal.

But for how much longer?

The fate of Armstrong's medal will be addressed when the International Olympic Committee executive board meets next week in Lausanne, Switzerland.

Twelve years after Armstrong won bronze in the road time trial at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, the IOC wants the medal back after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency's report of widespread doping by Armstrong and some teammates during his seven Tour de France victories from 1999-2005...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20121130/OLY.IOC.Armstrong.Medal/

Lance Armstrong eyes peddling drug confession

Cycling legend Lance Armstrong has told his associates he is considering a public admission that he doped during his athletic career, according to a published report.

Armstrong, 41, has spent recent months weighing his options while vacationing with family in Hawaii, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Possibilities include going on television, writing a book, or making a public statement in the near future about his alleged doping.

A public confession would allow Armstrong to begin restoring his badly damaged reputation.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/lance_eyes_peddling_drug_confession_kqMflQtRj8kAPHNsEGUH3H

A "confession" is not required because he has already been royally busted. Anyone with half a brain knows he was doped to the gills. A thorough apology to the public, and more importantly to all the people he bullied over the years, would be more appropriate. But Lance is all about Lance, and whatever he does is disingenuous IMO.

A "confession" is not required because he has already been royally busted. Anyone with half a brain knows he was doped to the gills. A thorough apology to the public, and more importantly to all the people he bullied over the years, would be more appropriate. But Lance is all about Lance, and whatever he does is disingenuous IMO.

Yep---only because HE wants to do triathalons and HE might write a book so HE can make money. And why do I suspect getting past the doping police is far easier in a triathalon?

According to the investigation, Armstrong’s professional relationship with Dr. Michele Ferrari, who was a consulting physician to him and some of his cycling teammates and who received a lifetime ban from the agency in July, “continued even into preparation for Armstrong’s new career in triathlon.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/s...-triathlon-community.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

You got that right, Busted!

He can never be Trusted, EVER. He is the lowest of the low to me.

Representatives of Lance Armstrong offered 250G ‘donation’ to USADA in 2004: ‘60 Minutes Sports’ report

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i...onation-usada-article-1.1235928#ixzz2HTEbhoCD

This is a typical Armstrong tactic to get things going his way. He essentially bribes authorities with donations. Thankfully, USADA wanted nothing to do with his shenanigans. Travis Tygart's appearance on 60 Minutes tonight will probably be more revealing than Lance's no-holds-barred (ha!) Oprah show interview next week. Does anyone else get the feeling that Mr. Armstrong likes a rigged game?

This is a typical Armstrong tactic to get things going his way. He essentially bribes authorities with donations. Thankfully, USADA wanted nothing to do with his shenanigans. Travis Tygart's appearance on 60 Minutes tonight will probably be more revealing than Lance's no-holds-barred (ha!) Oprah show interview next week. Does anyone else get the feeling that Mr. Armstrong likes a rigged game?

To me, the worst part of what he did was how he treated people who tried to tell the truth. Honestly, I bet some of those people felt their lives were ruined, at least at the time. I don't think there is anything he can say that can mitigate that behavior.

To me, the worst part of what he did was how he treated people who tried to tell the truth. Honestly, I bet some of those people felt their lives were ruined, at least at the time. I don't think there is anything he can say that can mitigate that behavior.

I feel the same way. As corny as it sounds, Lance was the Al Capone of the cycling world.

So now he's gonna "do the Oprah thang." IMO, if you want to 'confess' to something as major as this (after 14 years of lies, deceit and bullying), you should hold a proper news conference. Invite all major media. Face the music. Answer their questions. Be the alpha male you claim to be. Going on Oprah? Oprah is as soft and spongy as cellulite. What a wimpy way out.

I feel the same way. As corny as it sounds, Lance was the Al Capone of the cycling world.

So now he's gonna "do the Oprah thang." IMO, if you want to 'confess' to something as major as this (after 14 years of lies, deceit and bullying), you should hold a proper news conference. Invite all major media. Face the music. Answer their questions. Be the alpha male you claim to be. Going on Oprah? Oprah is as soft and spongy as cellulite. What a wimpy way out.

I agree. At least Tiger Woods had the guts to do it that way.

Way to go, Lance! Why didn't you tell the truth in Court? :waitasec: Oprah must be paying you handsomely to come clean :rolleyes:

AUSTIN, Texas - Lance Armstrong said he will answer questions "directly, honestly and candidly" during an interview with Oprah Winfrey next week. He will also apologize and make a limited confession to using performance-enhancing drugs, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Is it possible to make a "limited" confession and be candid and honest at the same time? Setting limits to a confession sounds like you're still going to run in circles around the truth if you can get away with it.

Based upon the fact that he has lied in court over this (or under oath) which is perjury, I can hardly believe that what he will say on Oprah will be the full truth. It will likely be his version of damage control and minimizing what he did. It way be way to little and wayyyy too late. His credibility is shot.

AP source: Armstrong tells Oprah he doped

By JIM VERTUNO and JIM LITKE, AP
1 hour ago

AUSTIN, Texas — Lance Armstrong confessed to Oprah Winfrey during an interview Monday that he used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the interview is to be broadcast Thursday on Winfrey's network...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20130113/CYC.Armstrong.Oprah//?cid=hero_media

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kagguk
Back