Lance Armstrong Doping Scandal

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
also: I read that he wanted to say "sorry" so that he can race ironmans and the like.

I hope and pray that NEVER happens. My DH is an ironman triathlete: the kind that does it drug free and there is no room for LA in this sport. Not now. Not ever. If he starts racing at ironmans I will never let DH enter another one.

Ditto! I'd say the odds were on just that...

When I read all about it, it makes me very sad as my husband died of Cancer he was young not as young as Mr. Lance but it still upsets me as my husband who was still working went through Radiation, and Chemo, but to no avail could he overcome the end result, and he tried every thinkable way to possibly overcome it, and then Mr. Lance was so very blessed to overcome his Cancer, and he used it to his advantage, by making people believe , that everything that he went through with his treatment he would never ever have used any kind of foreign drugs, (which now appears to be a Cocktail of every Banned substance allowed!)
I feel the most empathy for his children, as I believe he has Twins, and a young toddler, not him, he will survive one way or another, but his children will live on with this stigma for the rest of their lives, now that is SAD!

When I read all about it, it makes me very sad as my husband died of Cancer he was young not as young as Mr. Lance but it still upsets me as my husband who was still working went through Radiation, and Chemo, but to no avail could he overcome the end result, and he tried every thinkable way to possibly overcome it, and then Mr. Lance was so very blessed to overcome his Cancer, and he used it to his advantage, by making people believe , that everything that he went through with his treatment he would never ever have used any kind of foreign drugs, (which now appears to be a Cocktail of every Banned substance allowed!)
I feel the most empathy for his children, as I believe he has Twins, and a young toddler, not him, he will survive one way or another, but his children will live on with this stigma for the rest of their lives, now that is SAD!

OH Ontariolynn-I am so very sorry to hear about your husband
I have been thinking about his children a lot lately and wonder-what he has told them.like when they ask-where are all your yellow shirts or where did all your medals go?
I for one would not want to be in that moment with a child!!

He is saying 2005 was the last time he doped!!

he said he was a bully-but did not make people dope to be on the team

The live stream works even here ... I'm amazed .. he is denying influencing others much. OK at least he's owning leading by example....it's good actually. And isn't he TINY!

Admits to being a bully to control the narrative too ... how good! He is being pretty honest here and not really holding back from uncomfortable truths about himself as if he's on the 'couch' maybe he's been needing to cough all this up for awhile. Think it'll be good for him as a human, he might end up a lot poorer financially, but as a human it's way healthier.

His only saving grace, as far as I'm concerned, is having named his coffee house in Austin's Warehouse District "Juan Pelota."

He is saying 2005 was the last time he doped!!

he said he was a bully-but did not make people dope to be on the team
He's only saying he stopped in 2005 because he wants an 8 year ban from competition backdated to then. So he could go back to competing in triathlons this year.

He's still lying about a lot of stuff.

I saw only some clips of the interview on CNN (Piers Morgan) and noticed the simplicity of the "yes" or "no" answers for Lance Armstrong to questions posed by Oprah. Armstrong had little/no 'splaining to do - simple answer, yes/no, next question. I'm sure that this was among the terms agreed to when the interview was negotiated. :moo:

I have a question for Lance Armstrong: How many zeroes are there in the $ figure to which you agreed for this prime-time visit to the confessional?

On the first page of this thread, I made a couple of ill informed posts, basically saying that I thought the USADA was on a witch hunt. Not too long after that, I came to understand more about the USADA authority, and my opinion about them and the whole process started to change. As I said then, I didn't really care all that much for Lance and that has not changed.

Watching only a portion of the livestream tonight because I am also trying to watch a live Pac12net basketball game and the Oprah show doesn't air here again for a little bit, but... I am finding him to be very slippery in this tell all interview. I still don't like him, and I don't like him even more than before. At least now I have really solid reasons for not liking him and essentially not fully believing him in this interview. He isn't telling the whole truth, in my opinion.

OH Ontariolynn-I am so very sorry to hear about your husband
I have been thinking about his children a lot lately and wonder-what he has told them.like when they ask-where are all your yellow shirts or where did all your medals go?
I for one would not want to be in that moment with a child!!

I doubt they would ask. He is vile inside and out, they're probably scared to death of him.

Didn't watch and I see I missed nothing from the reactions I've read this morning calling him a narcissist and a sociopath. Yep. That's pretty much it.

Lance Armstrong, arrogant and unaware, did little to repair his image in mea culpa with Oprah (sports.yahoo.com)
---
At one point during the interview, he couldn't recall how many people he'd sued. Really. He not only didn't know the number, he couldn't even be sure when asked about specific individuals that his mighty, powerful legal team relentlessly tried to bury.

It's worth noting that many of the people he's sued through the years in an effort to protect his lies and glory were one-time close friends, roommates, teammates, business partners and associates.

Is there another person in America who has sued so many people he once liked – for telling the truth, mind you – that he can't remember all of them? Anyone?

What you and your bank account and those sleepless nights you can't forget -- he can't remember.

Good Lord, what a guy.
---
more at the link

I couldn't watch it but going from the quotes he seems to do some distancing, talking about himself in the third person or passive voice.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lance-...-image-in-mea-culpa-with-oprah-062222144.html
"She got run over, got bullied," he continued. He was in the wrong tense then. She got run over, got bullied. Not, "I ran her over. I bullied her." Because make no mistake, it was him. It was only him.

On and on it went.

"Look at this arrogant prick," he said as he watched video of his 2005 testimony when he denied he'd ever used performance-enhancing drugs, and, well, on that he was telling the trut
h.

'
'It's a major flaw, and it's a guy who expected to get whatever he wanted and to control every outcome. And it's inexcusable. And when I say there are people who will hear this and never forgive me, I understand that. I do. ...
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/armstrong-admits-doping-oprah-022942677--spt.html

''I'm not comfortable talking about other people,'' Armstrong said. ''I don't want to accuse anybody.''
It seems a little late for that... after all the people he's run over over the years

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/armstrong-admits-doping-oprah-022942677--spt.html
''Do you regret now coming back?''

''I do. We wouldn't be sitting here if I didn't come back,'' he said.
Which pretty much says he's only saying sorry now because he's sorry about getting caught. If not for that he'd still be carrying on the way he used to be able to, bullying and lying.

That's not true repentance to me o this means nothing to me.

I stopped watching the interview after half an hour because I still got the sense he wasn't telling the whole truth and there was really no remorse for what he's done, particularly the other people whose lives he turned upside down. It was just more of the same, a now admitted liar, continuing to not tell the whole truth. He's a cold man. I feel for those who had to run up against him. Another sense I got in the half hour I watched was that Oprah was not too warm and fuzzy about him. Anybody else sense that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back