LATEST EVIDENCE Discuss NEW AND DEVELOPING information here

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know why the duct tape was wrapped all around the head? This makes no sense to me. If you want to shut a child up wouldn't you just put the duct tape around the mouth. I have watched countless of movies where duct tape is used and I have never seen the tape wrapped around the entire head. This baffles me.

I've been thinking about the duct tape too. A frequent way a parent kills a child (premeditated) is to smother them. So what if the duct tape were wrapped around the head twice, so as to make sure the mouth and the nose were covered? It would mean she didn't have to stop and tear or cut the tape so much.

So chloroform could have been applied to put Caylee out, then duct tape to cover her mouth and nose. She would have died within minutes, no blood or muss to explain.

CINDY ANTHONY: She told me that they had gotten into -- that she -- her and Zanny -- I mean, Raquel (ph) and Zanny were about eight cars ahead of her and Juliette and the girls. Casey had her car. Zanny had their car. So Zanny and Raquel were ahead, and somehow there was an accident (INAUDIBLE) Casey and Juliet (ph) witnessed the accident.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

How will the defense defend this story?Or will they
gloss over it and pretend she never said it?:confused:

This is one of those times when Cindy is retelling the lies Casey told HER. I don't believe Cindy is making this lie up to cover for Casey.

didn't LP say a swim suit was found in the bag? and part of a dress? :(

I keep information that LP says as "interesting but unconfirmed" until I hear it out of the mouth of an actual LE.

as script? like a 30 day script for xanex??? :crazy:

LOL, I love it. But just not to confuse anyone, the 30 day script the kidnappers gave her! Started to say more, but I am in a mood today. I type, and then backspace it. Never had a timeout and don't want one, lol!

Actually, I think that could describe her to a T.
This is just my opinion, but this whole horrifying saga reveals Casey to be someone who thinks she's got these amazingly unassailable stories--
the elaborate tales about ZFG-- down to details about how Zanny straightens her hair and the names of her extended family members. But, small problem: no phone number. no address. and no actual person.
Casey was out searching for her kidnapped daughter, stealing from Amy H. because she was "in a time of desperation." But, small problem: she wasn't searching, she was clubbing. She stole the $ to buy bras and beer. She signed her own name to Amy's checks.
Casey's got big ideas and isn't stupid-- she just cannot execute anything effectively-- IMO signs of classic psychopathy. It's like watching a swandive morph into a belly flop. Over and over and over. :waitasec:
And I do also wonder if she used the tape as an instrument of torture/silence or if it was just intelligent staging. I do hope/think there will be evidence on the tape, as you mentioned so many experts have speculated. Hopefully that will be Casey's next immaculate belly flop??
Bold is mine.

Nancy, I love your analogy. Describes this saga perfectly. I can't wait for the next belly flop...Baez's!

This is just my opinion, but this whole horrifying saga reveals Casey to be someone who thinks she's got these amazingly unassailable stories--
the elaborate tales about ZFG-- down to details about how Zanny straightens her hair and the names of her extended family members. But, small problem: no phone number. no address. and no actual person.
Casey was out searching for her kidnapped daughter, stealing from Amy H. because she was "in a time of desperation." But, small problem: she wasn't searching, she was clubbing. She stole the $ to buy bras and beer. She signed her own name to Amy's checks.
Casey's got big ideas and isn't stupid-- she just cannot execute anything effectively-- IMO signs of classic psychopathy. It's like watching a swandive morph into a belly flop. Over and over and over. :waitasec:

And I do also wonder if she used the tape as an instrument of torture/silence or if it was just intelligent staging. I do hope/think there will be evidence on the tape, as you mentioned so many experts have speculated. Hopefully that will be Casey's next immaculate belly flop??

Right on again, Nancy!

Didn't George tell LE (maybe the FBI?) that he wrote down everything so that he could keep his story straight...or something to that effect? Maybe they took George's "how to keep my story straight" notebook. ;)

We can only hope. It is amazing the amount of evidence they are examining/gathering. GO LE!!!

This is one of those times when Cindy is retelling the lies Casey told HER. I don't believe Cindy is making this lie up to cover for Casey.

Nor do I, but what a waste of YM's time it was to recount that story! It seems CA has been trying to find clues in Casey's web of lies and perhaps was hoping YM would be able to help her "decipher" that story. Such madness.

Could the duct tape have been used to reattache the head to the body after the crime occured? I'm newley retired from working with spinalcord injured pts. so this unattached, duct taped skull has me realyy troubled.

Ok, this makes sense. This means she securely wrapped the tape so that no noise would be heard which would mean that Caylee was alive whe she duct taped her. I just keep thinking that she wrapped her after she died to make it look like a real staging. But, if she knew the body would be found so that people would think that Caylee was really kidnapped, why would she leave her fingerprints on the duct tape. Michael Baden said that you cannot use gloves with duct tape. You must use your bare fingers and most likely your teeth to tear it.

So, she's smart enough to stage a real kidnapping but dumb enough to leave her fingerprints?

If you wanted it to look like a kidnapping you wouldn't leave Caylee's swimsuit by her body. Plus bedding and who knows what else from your parent's home.

The duct tape probably has her fingerprints or lint from the Anthony carpet or blankets all over it. Maybe cat hair too.

Didn't George tell LE (maybe the FBI?) that he wrote down everything so that he could keep his story straight...or something to that effect? Maybe they took George's "how to keep my story straight" notebook. ;)

Which is why they're asking for immunity and stating they'll now cooperate with LE. Good point!! I bet they did confiscate the notebooks.
The silence from the A camp is golden though isn't it?:)

The bolded part is a great and accurate description.

If indeed true that they confiscated paper from the Anthonys home, maybe they found a note (a more than wet note at that), with Caylees remains, meaning Casey staged the whole kidnapping thing ahead of tme. Any other reason they would want notebooks?

You can get an idea of what was removed by watching the tape. At aproximately 4:00 on the video you will see a container with a turquoise lid. It's easy to make out that there are papers and notebooks inside.

http://www.wftv.com/video/18262763/index.html

Most of the experts have stated that their personal opinion is that she was duct taped before she died. The only person who believes it was after death is LP. If KC was in a panic, then she must have duct taped her before she died b/c she would not have had the calmness of mind to do it while she's in a rush to get rid of the body. The body started to smell really bad after one day so I doubt she would put the duct tape on her afterwards even though this is what I want to believe.

I've been thinking about the duct tape too. A frequent way a parent kills a child (premeditated) is to smother them. So what if the duct tape were wrapped around the head twice, so as to make sure the mouth and the nose were covered? It would mean she didn't have to stop and tear or cut the tape so much.

So chloroform could have been applied to put Caylee out, then duct tape to cover her mouth and nose. She would have died within minutes, no blood or muss to explain.

According to Wikipedia people sometimes do die from being gagged with duct tape.

This article also says sometimes when the gag is removed skin and flesh can come off accidently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gag

It was first said that the Caylee's remains were unclothed. But we now know that her body had deteriorated to the point that her bones were not connected, were scattered over an area. Now we also hear that some clothing was found. So to me it looks like may Caylee wasn't unclothed when she was put there, but that in the process of her remains coming apart and spreading around that whatever she was wearing came off and was found nearby.

I truly believe the duct tape will be the same tape that was in car....only makes sense!!!!!
The body while in the car started to smell...body fluids started to leak into the car...she had the duct tape in the car....would only take a few seconds to pull over some where secluded.......maybe by the airport????? and wrapped tape around the head to stop more fluids from leaking into car. Quick fix until she had time completely wrap up the body and dump the body some where.Or even did the complete wrap up at the same time...it was all about stopping more fluids stinking up her car. I truly believe that she did ride around with the body for several days trying to act normal and bring no suspicions on herself...but also trying to figure out what to do with the body......only to end up doing a quick unplanned dump when almost bagged with body in trunk by both Tony and Dad.

Could the duct tape have been used to reattache the head to the body after the crime occured? I'm newley retired from working with spinalcord injured pts. so this unattached, duct taped skull has me realyy troubled.

The way it is taking days and they are still finding bones, it is entirely possible and I think likely that Caylee wasn't decapitated. The most likely explanation is that whatever spread her bones around also did damage to her neck area and caused her head to disconnect from her body.

LOL, I love it. But just not to confuse anyone, the 30 day script the kidnappers gave her! Started to say more, but I am in a mood today. I type, and then backspace it. Never had a timeout and don't want one, lol!

LOL. I never had one until this case and I have been a member here for a couple of days or so. Sometimes it's hard to check ones words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc