Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.09.17 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when MS testified and said that DM rolled Tim up in a tarp at the barn. Even though he was lying through most of the testimony, using the tarp was probably true. Poor Laura had suffered the same fate months before. These two are so evil. My only fear is that MS won't be charged with M1.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Millard is now showing a screen capture from Falconer's report. Shows some text messages, but I'm not sure between whom, and it's tough to read. #LauraBabcock

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 31s32 seconds ago
"The purpose of this report was not to provide a fulsome record ... it was to provide a timeline in a very concise fashion," Falconer says. Millard seems to be saying some texts have been cut off. #LauraBabcock

This is exactly what I thought would happen once experts got on the stand he’d have no f’n clue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember when MS testified and said that DM rolled Tim up in a tarp at the barn. Even though he was lying through most of the testimony, using the tarp was probably true. Poor Laura had suffered the same fate months before. These two are so evil. My only fear is that MS won't be charged with M1.

MS has been charged with M1 but not yet convicted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's no way CN would've adorned something that had belonged to LB. (And I'm sure she would've known, considering the hamsa necklace is pretty identifiable and not worn by everyone) jmo

No but she'd probably like to keep it close. To make her feel all safe and warm. :rolleyes:

MOO

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
We've seen these texts before. One of them says "Dell told me not to talk to u." I think these texts are between Babcock and "Kowalski," but it's tough to figure out. #LauraBabcock

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Falconer says this number is associated with Andrew Michalski. Millard says you "can't know for sure" if Michalski was using the phone at the time. Falconer says it appears Michalski was the user of that phone. #LauraBabcock

Now Millard is moving on to another series of texts. It's from June 24, 2012. #LauraBabcock

Millard says "I'm just trying to fill out the record." This is incredibly disjointed. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Not sure #Millard has made much of a point yet. He's pointing out June 25 text messages now, asking for an explanation of the date discrepancy. Universal Time Code issue? Falconer says there may have been an error on that page

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 19s20 seconds ago
It looks to be texts between Michalski and Millard. Millard is talking to him about having Noudga over after "breaking it off with her a few weeks ago." Michalski says "f---ing amazing! I missed her so it was really nice to see her again." #LauraBabcock

I thought AM was in Winnipeg at this time? So who is using his phone? :waitasec:

ETA: It appears they are also talking about his girlfriend Danica. That is what DM is trying to suggest. There are two conversations going on at the same time.

Michalski also asks "what happened" with Noudga. Millard says "caught her texting other guys f--k invitations, had to put some space between us." These appear to be from June 2012. #LauraBabcock

Millard is now going through the messages, asking if it's "linked" to the previous "Rubix" screen cap. Falconer says it's not really his job to make that determination. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 53s54 seconds ago
Millard is reading a message from June 25th where he tells his friend Michelski he'd broken up with Christina a few weeks back but had her back that weekend. He wants to point out dates. #LauraBabcock

Did CN not state at the TB trial that she was not friends with AM?? Am I remembering that correctly? This trial there are texts of her calling him family, and him saying how much he missed her..

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
The text message breakup with Rubix was June 9, they establish. #Millard is telling Michelski in the conversation it was f'ing amazing, he had missed her, and she was leaving soon for Europe.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Oh, what happened? Michelski asks. He actually loves Danica, he says, but he's too young to settle down, Michelski says.

Millard seems to be making some inference that sometimes in text message conversations, people talk over each other, and have more than one conversation at once. Again, tough to follow. #LauraBabcock

"You're asking him inferences about content Mr. Millard ... he's simply a searching officer ... it's for the jury to draw inferences," Justice Code says. #LauraBabcock

Millard now showing another snippet from a report. Hard to read. He's asking Falconer to confirm if it's from his report. Falconer is checking. #LauraBabcock

Having knowledge of and participating = 2 diff things - but still doesn't say much about their character, morals, etc.

Doesn't having knowledge of make you an 'accessory' to murder? I'm so stunned that she isn't locked up! I haven't followed this case as closely as others have but is it certain that she didn't 'strike a deal'?

Now a long silence while Falconer is searching. Odd to have an analyst searching this much on the fly like this. #LauraBabcock

Everything about this trial is odd AC. LOL

I thought DM had an appointed attorney to at least help him out with what he can and cannot do? :waitasec:

Judge has warned #Millard not to expect this forensic computer examiner to interpret the data he's presenting.

#Millard reading a text from a backup of Noudga's phone about love, cheating and marriage. Can't read the details.

Millard is showing a note that appears to be coming from a data backup from Noudga's phone: "I wonder what's worse. Being in love with a man who was engaged, and still f--king his ex while he was with you even after he said he loved you, note* will probably never want to marry you or being engaged, only to be dumped.. Yet still have the attention and love of the man while he's with another woman. Note* he still genuinely cares for you and is in your life."
by Adam Carter 4:02 PM

I'm really not sure what that was in relation to.
by Adam Carter 4:03 PM

Now we're seeing a photo. Millard says it's an image that officers took searching his maple gate home.
by Adam Carter 4:03 PM

I bet DM had a field day going through the notes and messages in CN's phone.

It's a picture of a picture frame with certificates in it. One is a "certificate of completion" to "Evan Millard." Millard says that's his middle name. The certificate is for autocad level one. #LauraBabcock

There's a Certificate of Completion for Evan Millard (Dellen's middle name) for an auto CAD level one course. #Millard is asking Falconer about it but he's never used the program.

He asks Falconer if he knows what Autocad is. Falconer says he's never used it, but heard of it. "I've never had a need to research it or use it myself."
by Adam Carter 4:05 PM

The certificates all appear to be for different levels of Autocad certification.

Now Millard is showing a business card for Dellen Millard. Has listings for 3D modelling, animation, texturing, video editing, motion capture and visual effects.
by Adam Carter 4:06 PM

Millard is asking if he recognizes these programs. Falconer says he's most familiar with photoshop.
by Adam Carter 4:07 PM

Millard says they're all programs used to manipulate images and video.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Millard is now showing us his completed certificates for auto CAD levels 2 and 3. Now a business card with #Millard's name on top, and a list of computer programs he's purporting to be qualified to operate. Including 3D modeling and animation, photoshop, video editing.

Falconer says he's not always the person who determines whether a piece of information is relevant to an investigation. #LauraBabcock

He's now moving on to asking Falconer about determining the relevancy of the extraction reports he sees in his line of work. #LauraBabcock

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 42s43 seconds ago
"Is part of the investigative process ever to turn your mind to if an image is authentic or has been manipulated?" Millard asks. Falconer says "of course, that's always a consideration." #LauraBabcock

It's a picture of a picture frame with certificates in it. One is a "certificate of completion" to "Evan Millard." Millard says that's his middle name. The certificate is for autocad level one. #LauraBabcock

There's a Certificate of Completion for Evan Millard (Dellen's middle name) for an auto CAD level one course. #Millard is asking Falconer about it but he's never used the program.

He asks Falconer if he knows what Autocad is. Falconer says he's never used it, but heard of it. "I've never had a need to research it or use it myself."

The certificates all appear to be for different levels of Autocad certification.

Now Millard is showing a business card for Dellen Millard. Has listings for 3D modelling, animation, texturing, video editing, motion capture and visual effects.
by Adam Carter 4:06 PM

Millard is asking if he recognizes these programs. Falconer says he's most familiar with photoshop.

Millard says they're all programs used to manipulate images and video.

Ugh.. I see where this is going.. DM created all those photos??? And level 1 is only learning the basics for crying out loud.. Pretty sure Falconer already testified that the digital info was not manipulated and original..

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 47s47 seconds ago
"Do you know what an Easter egg is?" #Millard asks. It's a surprise embedded in a piece of software, Falconer says. Millard shows pic of blond woman "I believe that may be a former relation of yours," Falconer says, when asked.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 43s43 seconds ago
Now we're seeing a photo of a blonde woman standing in the foreground. "I believe that may be a former relation of yours," Falconer says. #LauraBabcock

Are these being put into evidence or is he just continuing to ask about things that he's randomly plucked out of his own discovery? :waitasec:

Maybe we'll get to see the "blonde woman" today? Former relation? Would fiance count as a former relation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413