Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.09.17 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
The thing Millard appears to be doing here is trying to get more text messages into evidence that weren't in Lockhart's presentation, for "context." He's having trouble with this. #LauraBabcock

Millard says he's now skipping ahead in his cross. #LauraBabcock

So DM is suggesting he is also certified in manipulating people too? :rolleyes:

Millard is zooming in on her sunglasses in the photo. You can see someone sort of in the reflection. Looks like the person might be taking a picture. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
There's a man in front of a shop window in the shot. The woman in the foreground is pointing down at him, he looks small due to perspective. Millard is zooming into the woman's sunglasses to show the reflection of the photographer. #LauraBabcock

Has anyone been in court lately?? PLEASE tell me the juror's have the same expression that I have when this bozo opens his mouth??.. please...

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
"Im going to suggest to you sir those reflections are easter eggs, left there as a telltale clue this image was modified, digitally," Millard says. Falconer says he doesn't understand. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 13s14 seconds ago
"I don't understand how you come to that conclusion, no," says Falconer. Millard says it's two photos that have been manipulated and you can tell that because of the reflections. Falconer admits it's possible

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 53s54 seconds ago
Millard asks if it's possible this is a manipulated image. Falconer says that's possible. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Now a photo in the dark, next to yellow jeep. Can't tell what people are doing in the photo. Dancing? Fighting? Another angle "night time snow setting," now one person standing on jeep bumper.

Now we're seeing a photo of a yellow jeep, out in the snow, at night. There are two men standing on the jeep. Falconer says he recognizes. Millard say's the image has been altered, asks if there's any "telltale signs of that."
by Adam Carter 4:17 PM

Now we're seeing the same image, but with only one person in it.
by Adam Carter 4:17 PM

Nice try DM but those pictures are from your computer where you get to play around with them. And they are not in evidence. The one's that are in evidence are from your phone where you can not manipulate them other than to take a picture of a picture.

MOO

Listening to DM in cross examination is painful. However it is amazing how little self awareness he has. Such a narcissist that I am sure that he has convinced himself that he is smarter than the attorneys and the experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millard is showing another photo. It appears that these two images were mashed up together in photoshop. #LauraBabcock

Millard says he's trying to point out the process involved in manipulating a digital image. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Millard is now showing all the photos to show how he used photo shop to pull a bunch of images together. Falconer says metadata of a photo would show if it was created in Photoshop. #LauraBabcock

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 54s55 seconds ago
Falconer is now talking about how metadata can show that photoshop has been used on a photo. #LauraBabcock

Not so smart now DM. :notgood:

Doesn't having knowledge of make you an 'accessory' to murder? I'm so stunned that she isn't locked up! I haven't followed this case as closely as others have but is it certain that she didn't 'strike a deal'?

No. There is no law that requires you to rat someone out in any common law jurisdiction that I know of, with the exception of certain unique circumstances involving lawyers and psychiatrists and knowledge of imminent harm..

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
Another photo has two jeeps, one yellow, one green, and four men in front of them. #Millard is one of them. Calls them "four young men."

Adam Carter‏Verified account
@AdamCarterCBC
2m2 minutes ago
Now Millard is showing another image. It appears to be of four men sitting/standing in front of two different Jeeps. Millard is one of them. #LauraBabcock

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC
2m2 minutes ago
Millard asks if Falconer can see anything that would show the image has been modified. He now switches to another image, and Millard is no longer in the picture. He switches to another -- Millard is back, but one of the other guys is gone. #LauraBabcock

1m1 minute ago
Falconer is asked whether he can tell whether the jeep photos were modified. Millard shows another version of the image where his face & body are not there. #LauraBabcock

1m1 minute ago
"It looks like you superimposed one picture over another using some sort of software," Falconer says. #LauraBabcock

1m1 minute ago
Now Millard seems to be showing two photos of himself, side by side, with a close up of his face. On the left, Millard appears to have a cut on his nose. On the right, his face has neither. #LauraBabcock

43s43 seconds ago
Another photo series appears to be similar to Millard, with a sore on nose. Title is "makeup versus photoshop." Falconer can't confirm whether man in photo is wearing makeup or has been photoshopped.

1m1 minute ago
Millard says he's "making the suggestion that that's makeup." Asks Falconer if he can confirm that. Falconer says no. Millard says the image on the right is a digitally manipulated version of the one on the left. #LauraBabcock

27s28 seconds ago
We're now taking a ten minute afternoon break. #LauraBabcock

59s60 seconds ago
#Millard wants an afternoon break. I'm going to duck out for the day to prepare for 6pm @CHCHNews See the videos then.

1m1 minute ago
"It looks like you superimposed one picture over another using some sort of software," Falconer says. #LauraBabcock

OMG Millard! You have been in the clink for far too long. A five year old can manipulate an image on an iPad in about 5 mins. What’s your point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is this questioning about? Expert is not expert? Checking his memory if he went through all pictures and sorted them into manipulated or not?
What are those manipulated pictures?

Not sure what Millard is on about. This guy's testimony was about text messages was damning. The photos were just gravy. So he's trying to say he wasn't standing on a bucket? I don't get it?

There's no way CN would've adorned something that had belonged to LB. (And I'm sure she would've known, considering the hamsa necklace is pretty identifiable and not worn by everyone) jmo

sorry, LB wore a specific necklace? Never heard this part. I just looked up online and Hamsa is to ward off evil. WOW.

The gist of DM's cross.....

"I broke up with CN and then got back together with her."
"Pictures can be digitally altered and I am an expert at manipulation."

2 hours of my life and one headache later......and I still have no clue where he is going with this.....he can't be expecting the jury will believe the damning photographic evidence/texts were altered? Shaking my head.....MOO

So DM thought he could fool people into believing that you can manipulate photos and the meta data wouldn't change? I guess he figured there's no way they've figured out that these ones have been modified so I'm going to use that. Except they weren't looking at those pics as evidence so they didn't look at the metadata on them.

So DM thinks that just be showing them in the courtroom, but not providing the metadata on them, will suffice to make the jury believe that any picture can be modified and LE wouldn't even be able to tell.

I hope the Detective is getting the point across that this is not the case.

MOO

Nov 26, 2012, "Some people already know too much, can't talk about that real life ****." #Millard #Smich

Did Daddy know too much??????

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Or did CN know too much ? Would she eventually have met the same fate as Laura ? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413