Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.09.17 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
on my way back to my cell to complete my sentence for the murder that I did commit and was convicted for. :jail:

I guess he regrets not being able to tell them in the last trial that this is just all a big misunderstanding and the real answer has been in front of our faces all along.

MOO

He's urging the conspiracy theorists to come out of the woodwork but DM isn't important enough to pique their interest.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Aug 28, 2012. "Another dead deer at the farm...." Your mission is to fill the incinerator's tank." #Millard and Shaner.

Now texts between Millard and Shaner from August 28. Millard is talking about "another dead deer at the farm." He's asking Shaner to fill up the incinerator's tank.
by Adam Carter 12:59 PM

WTF????

Is it just me or is anyone else worried that this is indicative that they killed/cremated someone else after Laura (or were at least planning to?) that they haven't yet been charged with?

I thought this witness was presenting what he found on the computers and the phone backups that were on them. Wasn't the last backup done in April? Then he wouldn't be able to talk about any communication after that.

Isn't there another witness coming who will present that information?

I will say my first thought of this picture was photoshopped ... But I don't know where he is going with this one??
Notice the light around MS head... I'm not certain this is authentic.
This is the only image I can even remotely see that could be altered but I haven't seen the others.
MOO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

The light is the yard light behind MS.
You can see it glinting off the left side of the window frame.
If the photographer would not have used MS's shadow all we see is a washed out bright spot.

Does anyone remember when he picked up the burner phone in Etobicoke from the TB trial? Maybe it's well after LB was gone but it definitely shows he had burner phones. Moo

He could have been using his normal sim card in the burned phone. that way Laura would know the number but the convos with her wouldn't show up in back ups of his regular phone

Was that not brought in when the phone company reps were on the stand near the beginning? And suggesting burner phones in this case would be a rumour. We do know he used one later in another "mission" but there is nothing to suggest he was using one to contact LB in this case.
Oh I'm not sure. I don't recall but that doesn't mean it didn't happen lol
Very possible.

He could have been using his normal sim card in the burned phone. that way Laura would know the number but the convos with her wouldn't show up in back ups of his regular phone
I think you may be giving him too much credit. I don't think he was that smart. Lol
Who uses their phones to commit crimes, has a digital trail and takes pictures of the events as they unfold? I can't believe people do this. Thankfully he did moo

So why did they say in the opening statement that she called him 8 times?

Its also possible that he had a 'loaner' phone from his phone company for a while. i.e., his normal sim card/number, but wouldn't be backing it up and it would have been completely wiped when he gave it back to the phone company

.32, and depending on model it could be what is known as a pocket pistol.

PS. The direct indictment approval is becoming clearer with every text message. moo

Interesting that Walther PPK also comes in .32 ACP. The gun in photos from TB trial was PPK chambered in 9 mm. Perhaps DM wanted particularly PPK, the "James Bond gun". Was MJ only able to locate it in .32? In this context, MJ's words make sense (not claiming this is the correct or the only explanation).
There is also Beretta 1935 (Italian take on PPK) chambered in .32 ACP.

Both PPK and Beretta 1935 are considered prohibited firearms in Canada.

To me, the most surprising part is that we didn't see any photos of that gun yet. They seem to be pretty thorough at documenting everything.

I was looking through alot of the photos a few days ago that are being brought up again into evidence, and wondered.. Mainly the marlena pics, the day after they thought Laura was murdered. She seems to be "modeling" new swim wear, couple of outfits etc. Wonder if they were from the "red luggage on wheels".. ? time will tell...

That would be odd! MM was tiny. LB was 510"

I thought this witness was presenting what he found on the computers and the phone backups that were on them. Wasn't the last backup done in April? Then he wouldn't be able to talk about any communication after that.

Isn't there another witness coming who will present that information?

The DM phones in question were an IPhone 3 that was backed up until Feb 2012, and an IPhone 4 that was backed up until Feb 2013. So the IPhone 4 information was current right up until her death and beyond. I assume he changed phones in Feb 2012.

MOO

So wait speaking of the guns. Did the crown ever say how they think LB was murdered? Do they have a theory at all as to the cause of death? And what's up with that mattress. Is that going somewhere?

But then DM was asking MJ to provide handling instructions. If he had a PPK before, he'd know....

Interesting that Walther PPK also comes in .32 ACP. The gun in photos from TB trial was PPK chambered in 9 mm. Perhaps DM wanted particularly PPK, the "James Bond gun". Was MJ only able to locate it in .32? In this context, MJ's words make sense (not claiming this is the correct or the only explanation).
There is also Beretta 1935 (Italian take on PPK) chambered in .32 ACP.

Both PPK and Beretta 1935 are considered prohibited firearms in Canada.

To me, the most surprising part is that we didn't see any photos of that gun yet. They seem to be pretty thorough at documenting everything.

I seem to remember something about a 32 "long". Any info on that?

And wasn't there a rumour that WM committed suicide with a "long" gun?

So wait speaking of the guns. Did the crown ever say how they think LB was murdered? Do they have a theory at all as to the cause of death? And what's up with that mattress. Is that going somewhere?
I don't think so. Even if they have an opinion, it's irrelevant.

Good point Matou!

Re: advertisements

I don't think there are any. I think it was a lie DM told SS to get him to get the incinerator mobile (remember SS was adding the tank and the hose was too small). This was DM's way of getting SS to get it done quicker, due to having LB's body in the barn in Roseville, imo. Had the homemade incinerator been up to DM's standard, LB would have been disposed of quicker. Remember, at first, according to SS, the homemade incinerator was for garbage. Then, after DM didn't think the "prototype" would do what he'd like, he went ahead and got the commercial one and said he was getting into the pet cremation business. That's probably how he justified it to SS. Then, in order to get it done quicker, made up the part about the "jobs" so that he could get SS to prioritize it in order to get it mobile.

I think he needed to get it mobile because there was no way DM could bring LB's body to the hangar to dispose of, due to being too long after the crime. (smell, decomp, etc) Had the homemade incinerator worked how DM envisioned it (it does look like something that could burn garbage no problem), he wouldn't have needed the commercial one. That's why I think SS is actually telling the truth about that detail. Makes sense to use burn barrels for garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16