Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.17.17 - Day 18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
chains , I believe even if she knew more and it could help convict MS, she is not going to say anything and if she did it might incriminate her too, so she won't say anymore. IT is frustrating for the crown too, because this is all the information they will get. She claims that she knows nothing about DM planning to murder Laura or she is not saying anything about seeing Laura at Maplegate on July 4.
I don't know if I believe she does not know more, but no way to get any more information. I am sure the crown did their best.

Does DM have anything up his sleeve for MM cross? Because when I was there yesterday he asked the judge to see if it's okay with Dungey that they cross her first? DM said he won't have any questions for her ( unless something pops up)so MS defense should go first. Dungey refused.

He probably wanted to know what Dungey was going to ask so he could get some pointers lol

Nah they wouldn't bother drugging her . They could have easily not brought her. More likely that she's lying .

I think she was being honest. It sounds like MS was somewhat abusive to her and she was probably scared of him. They were also stoned out of their minds, and she said it happened often, so she was most likely used to just waiting in the car.

It seems she lied when she said she got it after the burn, if it is correct that she took a pic with it on July 5.

MS told her "Don't tell them anything" and she hasn't.

As I said before, Blockbuster to come.

Maybe there was more than one burn she was present for, but isn't admitting it.

I am forgetting ...has there been much alluding to theft, at all- for the jury? It does seem like a pretty big purchase for ONE girl.

I think DM enjoyed spending money on stupid things, and was cheap in other ways. Like it didn't bother him to ruin that backhoe, which was probably around $15-$30k I would think. So I don't find it that surprising he would spend $20k on the Eliminator. Getting away with murder would have been priceless in his mind.

I got the impression that AM had slept with LB too; as when AM texted the article to DM asking "what'd you do?" his reply was something to the effect of "made her come like you taught me she likes." (ie roughly.)

I thought that was Laura's friend who text that?

Who introduced the picture of the dog with the slippers? I wonder why they showed that photo. If they belonged to Laura, just shows how sick and bastards both DM and MS are.
One thing that is odd that if the Ipad was Laura s I am sure there had to be things on there pics and other stuff by Laura.
What happened to it, was it deleted.? IF it was still on there and given to MS he would have seen it and MM would have too I am sure.
If there was personal stuff on the Ipad of Laura s why wouldn't they question about who the Ipad belonged to.?

I found today a bit of a letdown just because I was expecting some kind of bombshell from MM. I use the term letdown because I'm on the fence about whether there is quite enough evidence against MS for M1. Not enough for a slam dunk anyway. With what we've heard so far I think the jury might be out a while deciding on MS. Personally, it's still enough for me. Does anyone think there is another witness to be called that could drop some evidence that could make it a slam dunk against MS ? I was hoping MM would be the one.

I couldn't agree more... I was truly hoping for a bombshell moment today to solidify the M1 conviction for MS, based on what I know from the TB trial. But, the evidence presented thus far in this trial has left me dubious on MS's involvement in the planning and execution of the actual murder, and the jury doesn't have the benefit of considering what we already know from the TB trial. Thankfully, we still have some witnesses to come, so... fingers crossed!

I am struggling to find MS guilty of murder with the evidence that’s been presented so far. There is no evidence that LB was shot (actually there’s no evidence yet to prove she’s deceased except for the lack of cell phone, banking, social media etc) so MS introducing DM to Isho doesn’t seem to matter. I was holding a lot of hope that MM’s testimony today would place MS at the scene of the crime. ☹️

I think a lot will depend on what in law constitutes murder, and how the jury is instructed. If the jury accepts that there was a plan to murder Laura at some future time, and accepts that MS was aware of that plan, and that he knew the incinerator he helped research was a part of that plan, is that enough? I don’t know. It’s perhaps a bit like acting to procure a gun for somebody who you know intends to commit murder with it, but otherwise having no connection to the act. Is that murder, or something else?

that explains the wheelchair ramp in the green van. but
its weird that MM would have seen WM on his scooter at home AND at the hangar but SS who worked at the hangar said WM didn't use a wheelchair, etc.
I know a scooter is not the same as a wheelchair but its an odd thing for SS to have said given the circumstances.

Surely if MM saw WM at the hangar using a scooter than SS must also have had opportunity to see WM at the hangar using a scooter.

I predict this will come up a lot more at the trial re: WM

I am not surprised..JMO but SS memory seems to be a tad self serving and distinctly loyal to his X employer. I don't hold weight with anything he says. He may have turned a blind eye, but he sure as H knew a lot more than he is letting on. Again JMO

mozzagirl , it creeps me out too, because I lived in Oakville and I am sure I did see MS and it is possible even DM.
Why would you think that? Is a big place. I lived in these parts all my life too. Pretty certain there are people I've never run into before. Jmo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

A lot of after the fact evidence for MS imo (especially the rap video - he had to see LB on ashy stone in order to write that) - would like to see someone able to pinpoint something that points to before the fact knowledge. Maybe some of us are missing it?

Did the Crown even ask about the rap video today? I don't recall.

canadiangirl, when I first heard of MS and saw his picture, he looked familiar. I knew people who lived across the street from MM s sister apt. I felt like I had seen him in that area, but not absolutely certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926