Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.05.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&amp]Millard now takes the jury through parts of his cross-examination of Marlena Meneses, Mark Smich's then girlfriend.

Meneses said Smich called her "the *****."

Millard reminds the jury about Smich's rap song, where he refers to "the *****" -- Millard says Meneses told them who "the *****" is.
... from Shannon Martin's live blog

Actually, though?
If THIS is your explanation for the content of the rap ... and zero explanation for the tarp?

Not buying it.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Millard, "I say just like the red bag is a red herring, the blue tarp is a blue herring."

by Shannon Martin 2:58 PM

One fish two fish, red fish blue fish. I keep hearing Rabbit reading to her little lamb.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
50s50 seconds ago
Millard had money and didn't need the machine to go through the company for "his own nefarious plans," But the machine was put through the company books. "You can see the tremendous amount of effort to make the thing legal and meet every regulation."

You mean street legal???

I think it was in evidence that he had his Caddy at home and his dad's van was at his hanger.
DM's vehicle of choice was the Yukon but that was out of action that week and he was using an Oldsmobile convertible. As members on here noted earlier there is a vehicle door showing in the tarp pic which was identified as WM's Dodge Caravan. He's trying to say that if LB is in the tarp then he would have had to bring the body to the hangar in the Olds then switch it to the van. I think this is another case of trying to anticipate the Crown's closing and denying it before it's raised. As no forensic evidence was entered re the van, I personally can't see the Crown even having to mention it.

Well personally I wouldn't want my name associated with his. And we have all seen pictures of her and references of how she was sleeping with DM as was CN?
She's moved away and has her own life. I think it's irrelevant for her to be brought into it but JMO
Next trial I'm sure will be different

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I doubt it. She was at the home the night WM died.

One fish two fish, red fish blue fish. I keep hearing Rabbit reading to her little lamb.
LOL, I couldn't put my finger on what that statement reminded me of, and you just nailed it. :laughing:

Problem is you guys are writing Dell off based on the TB trial. There is a very strong chace he's innocent. You guys need to detach yourselves from the past. Hopefully the jury is not like the posters here. Every crime needs to be judged separately. Too much prejudice here.

If you were on trial for M1, wouldn't you want to do everything possible to resolve these false charges against you? Seems to me that with all the money DM had, and the fact his dear mother is still alive, they would use that money to try to FIND LB. I mean, fly to Montreal, put up flyers, and present the very girl who he is trying to say "may be alive". Right? Or find ONE person in Montreal that has seen her? Anyone in Ontario that saw her after July 4th? That's how to absolve the charges. Just like the mysterious buried gun could have exonerated MS or DM (who shot the gun, after all), wouldn't a logical, non-guilty person have everyone they knew digging up Oakville to find the piece of evidence to exonerate me? That's what sealed it for me that MS pulled the trigger, and what sealed it for me that DM murdered Laura (among all of the other evidence). I don't see it as prejudice. Heck, even I thought for more than a couple days that DM might have actually had to "clean up Mark's mess". But in the end, they both were guilty because their explanations were not backed up by evidence. In this case, I could have bought the overdose and then disposal of LB's remains. But the totality of the texts, the incinerator, the notes are just too too much. I respect your opinion. I have no judgment on DM's acting as his own lawyer. No doubt it is crazy difficult. But I just don't believe he is innocent.

3m3 minutes ago
Millard wants to talk about the bone experts now. One archaeologist didn't think the photos were clear enough to identify bones. Dr. Rogers the forensic anthropologist is used to being in court and on the stand. She works in the field with police, #Millard tells jury to consider

2m2 minutes ago
His witness, archaeologist Rufalo, is an expert in animal bones, in contrast to Dr. Rogers, #Millard says. "Just because human bones are not his specialty doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about."
Yes, you don't need to train as a lawyer to present yourself as one.

Lol, okay DM. So the song's about MM? If you go swimming you can find MM's phone?
Then MS admit the rap is true, that they murdered/burned the girl...MM still? The same MM who's standing outside the garage?

That video. MS actually raps "if you go swimming you can find her bone. Find her bone? Find her phone!" Freudian slip. Don't know why that's never mentioned...or has it?

1m1 minute ago
"What's the significance?" he says "it's what I know about serial numbers."

He knows what a serial number is, clearly. #LauraBabcock

Gold star.

So he decided to attack evidence/witnesses. And when he can't attack an evidence, he attacks the witness.

He forgets that probabilities multiply. If probability of A is 10% and probability of B is 20%, then the probability of seeing both A and B is 2%. That is, if they are not correlated. However, when you kill someone all the improbable evidence become correlated and appear all at once.

He shouldn't underestimate the jury. If it was 5 minutes to the farm and 10 to the hangar, he could have dropped off the body, go to the hangar and then come back to the farm by car to take the blue tarp photo. Isn't that what he would do if he had a body in the truck?

Hangar is huge. You think SS is watching every move DM makes? Besides, is there some reason to believe he didnt drive the van there, manufacture contingency photos, then continue on to the farm?

That video. MS actually raps "if you go swimming you can find her bone. Find her bone? Find her phone!" Freudian slip. Don't know why that's never mentioned...or has it?
Is there a transcript that says this somewhere? Everywhere has been reported that I saw never said the word bone.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

2m2 minutes ago
Photo of ID and credit cards found in #Millard's vehicle upon arrest. Some were for company purchases. Shane Schlatman had a red one for business use.

21s22 seconds ago
Millard has emails about the incinerator. July 12, Shane Schlatman is trying to get incinerator ready. Millard would ask Schlatman to work late, or through the weekend, if the work was a rush and important. In this case, Schlatman gets four days off.

Oh right, I forgot you tried to hide that Eliminator receipt before LE learned you bought that thing, standing in plain sight in the swamp.

Hey Everyone,

Please remember we do not allow comments from other forums.

Thank you,
Tricia

Please clue me in. What expenses are we contributing towards?
If we contribute by way of Go Fund Me they take 10% or something of the top.
Can we contribute direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member