Lawmakers approve $20 million for Jaycee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I missed Geraldo and didn't know Carl was going to be on. I take it that he wasn't able to be at Thanksgiving and Christmas if he was supposed to see Jaycee in October and it didn't happen. That's sad if true. He's been through so much. I hope him and Terry can repair their rift.

Carl Probyn was on Geraldo's show tonight. He talked a little about the award of the money and how great it is for Jaycee et al.
He talked a little about how shortly after Jaycee was found, investigators started questioning Carl about if he knew Garrido or ever had any dealings with him. He felt like they were sort of covering their own behinds.
He also spoke briefly about how there had been a minor falling out with Teri back in October and that he was supposed to see Jaycee at that time, and that it still hasn't happened. He sounded fine with it, feeling that it would happen eventually, and that he is just fine. He had only words of good to say about Teri and everything. His daughter has gone back to school and is attending college.
When asked if he could say where approximately Jaycee and others are staying, he said only that they are in California.
That about wrapped it up.

I think he is just being paranoid about the investigators. They would have talked to him about Garrido to find out if PG had targeted Jaycee more specifically, for example if had seen her or had contact with her in some way before the abduction. I think that would be a routine thing in building up the evidence for the eventual trial of PG.

As for Carl not seeing Jaycee yet, I think that is a shame. He has been severely traumatized by this as well, having witnessed the abduction and not being able to do anything about it, then having lived under a cloud of suspicion for all those years. He needs closure too and it sounds like it is being denied to him. I think this reinforces my opinion that Terri is the one calling the shots when it comes to Jaycee and what she does.

I don't think he can really be too pushy about it though, since he risks alienating his daughter if he does, and that is why he waits. I imagine that it is a very delicate situation for him.

As for Carl not seeing Jaycee yet, I think that is a shame. He has been severely traumatized by this as well, having witnessed the abduction and not being able to do anything about it, then having lived under a cloud of suspicion for all those years. He needs closure too and it sounds like it is being denied to him. I think this reinforces my opinion that Terri is the one calling the shots when it comes to Jaycee and what she does.

I don't think he can really be too pushy about it though, since he risks alienating his daughter if he does, and that is why he waits. I imagine that it is a very delicate situation for him.

Although Carl hasnt seen her, its not sure on how many of her other family members (aunts,uncles,grandparents,cousins) she has seen.
And of course Terri would be. Her daughter was missing for 18years since she was a little girl. JC has so much to adjust to, why wouldnt she have guidance. And i dont think Terri would do anything that she thought wouldnt help JC in the long run. Again, it just shows Carl position and how understanding and respectful he is. Im sure he has her best interest as well.

well i dont think all cops in california messed up. those leading the investigation in s. lake tahoe did everything they could for 18 years to find jaycee, long after the case went cold.

if i recall correctly, el dorodo county officers visited terry in riverside in early august last year and said they were re-opening the case.

so they were doing there jobs. they just didnt have the right tips.

its everyone involved in the anitoch disaster that is responsbile for this mess, not to mention nevada that paroled his butt in the first place and wasnt paying attention when he kidnapped her.

The issue I take with this, is not the amount of money awarded, as this is what was offered to Jaycee and the girls, but that the police departments and parole departments are still trying to shirk responsibility and thwart blame. Hello, learn from your errors, tighten up the cracks and learn how
to prevent the same or similar type of problem from occuring in the future.

Also as a CA native and long time citizen, it is scary to see how many unresolved kidnappings and murders have not been solved. This should be a great opportunity to shake up CA legislature. Vote in new faces, enact new laws and clean up the police and parole departments.

My next move as a CA law agency, would be to bring a suit against Nevada for releasing a sexual predator in CA, despite the fact that he was sentenced to a 50 year term. He was never properly supervised, or he could not have shown up at Katie Calloways blackjack table.

It was the federal government who sentenced him to 50 years, for the kidnapping charge. Nevada sentenced him to 5 years to life for the rape.

Nevada wasn't directly responsible for the supervision, it was first the federal government, then the state of California under an exchange agreement (states agree to supervise each other's parolees when they are resident there).

It was the federal government who sentenced him to 50 years, for the kidnapping charge. Nevada sentenced him to 5 years to life for the rape.

Nevada wasn't directly responsible for the supervision, it was first the federal government, then the state of California under an exchange agreement (states agree to supervise each other's parolees when they are resident there).

Then please change my previous statement to include suing NV and the Federal government. Will it ever happen? Of course not, but the lax parole system is what made the kidnapping possible in the first place, as well as endangering the public, by not even informing previous victims of his prison release.

The issue I take with this, is not the amount of money awarded, as this is what was offered to Jaycee and the girls, but that the police departments and parole departments are still trying to shirk responsibility and thwart blame. Hello, learn from your errors, tighten up the cracks and learn how
to prevent the same or similar type of problem from occuring in the future.

Also as a CA native and long time citizen, it is scary to see how many unresolved kidnappings and murders have not been solved. This should be a great opportunity to shake up CA legislature. Vote in new faces, enact new laws and clean up the police and parole departments.

My next move as a CA law agency, would be to bring a suit against Nevada for releasing a sexual predator in CA, despite the fact that he was sentenced to a 50 year term. He was never properly supervised, or he could not have shown up at Katie Calloways blackjack table.
Hi SunnieRN long time no see :)
That is because we have a legal system but no justice. They like having a revolving door of derelicts and outlaws :furious:
They dont learn anything they justify everything. :banghead:

Then please change my previous statement to include suing NV and the Federal government. Will it ever happen? Of course not, but the lax parole system is what made the kidnapping possible in the first place, as well as endangering the public, by not even informing previous victims of his prison release.

That is why I say that 20 million is a drop in the bucket she can get so much more. they are cutting their loses by giving her ONLY 20 million. IMHO giving her money now is an admission and not a good deed at all.
They know she needs the money so I'm pretty sure they got her to sign that she will not sue.
I wish she would have had more donations and did not take the 20M and sue for a much higher stake.
I also hope that Terry will sue their pants off. She didn't get money so she may still be able to sue, but I am not an attorney so I do not know for sure if she could. I HOPE SHE CAN AND WILL :)

By Bay City News Service

Posted: 09/16/2010 02:47:41 PM PDT
Updated: 09/16/2010 02:47:41 PM PDT
SAN FRANCISCO -- The California Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board voted unanimously today to reject a claim by the mother of kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard for emotional and psychological injury caused by her daughter's abduction, a spokeswoman for the board said.
Government claims and victim compensation are two distinct programs, both overseen by the board, spokeswoman Janice Mackey said.
Dugard's mother, Terry Probyn, filed her claim with the board as a government claim against the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Mackey said.
In the claim, Probyn said she was psychologically and emotionally injured by "various lapses by the Corrections Department contributing to daughter Jaycee Dugard's continued captivity, ongoing sexual assault and mental and/or physical abuse."
She also said that the CDCR had a responsibility to follow its own procedures regarding supervision of parolees and failed to do so.
She asked for unspecified compensation of more than $25,000.
Mackey said the board's decision today was just a formality. Anyone who believes the state has caused them harm must first file a government claim before beginning litigation against the state.
She said the rejection was not based on the merits of the claim.
"The board rejects claims that raise complex issues, allowing the parties to proceed to court to seek judicial remedies," Mackey said in an e-mail.
Mackey said Probyn can also file a separate victims compensation claim.
more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_...contracostatimes.com-www.contracostatimes.com

by bay city news service

posted: 09/16/2010 02:47:41 pm pdt
updated: 09/16/2010 02:47:41 pm pdt
san francisco -- the california victim compensation and government claims board voted unanimously today to reject a claim by the mother of kidnap victim jaycee dugard for emotional and psychological injury caused by her daughter's abduction, a spokeswoman for the board said.
Government claims and victim compensation are two distinct programs, both overseen by the board, spokeswoman janice mackey said.
Dugard's mother, terry probyn, filed her claim with the board as a government claim against the california department of corrections and rehabilitation, mackey said.
In the claim, probyn said she was psychologically and emotionally injured by "various lapses by the corrections department contributing to daughter jaycee dugard's continued captivity, ongoing sexual assault and mental and/or physical abuse."
she also said that the cdcr had a responsibility to follow its own procedures regarding supervision of parolees and failed to do so.
She asked for unspecified compensation of more than $25,000.
Mackey said the board's decision today was just a formality. Anyone who believes the state has caused them harm must first file a government claim before beginning litigation against the state.
She said the rejection was not based on the merits of the claim.
"the board rejects claims that raise complex issues, allowing the parties to proceed to court to seek judicial remedies," mackey said in an e-mail.
Mackey said probyn can also file a separate victims compensation claim.
More at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_...contracostatimes.com-www.contracostatimes.com
I think that Terry suffered for 18 years and the PO was lax at best,
by being so lax they totally contributed to her psychological and emotional anguish.
I am just mad. :mad::mad::mad:
Terry asked for $25,000. ???? that is peanuts it will cost her more in therapy, it probably already has...
and that is why they did not take her seriously, a few million they would suddenly take notice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back